Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Fuji X10 group

Paul Morgan e2
13 15.7k 6 England
23 Apr 2013 8:09PM
I changed the name of the group to something more appropriate Smile

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

779HOB 2 1.0k United Kingdom
23 Apr 2013 8:11PM
Much more inclusive!
Paul Morgan e2
13 15.7k 6 England
23 Apr 2013 8:56PM

Quote:I bought a plastic lens cap for mine, On Amazon. It arrived quickly from Hong Kong, and cost about four quid. The big advantage over the metal cap supplied is that one can keep the plastic cap on when switching on the camera in order to view images.

There is no need to switch the camera on to view images, just push the view button with the camera switched off.
SlowSong e2
6 4.6k 29 England
23 Apr 2013 10:09PM

Quote:Your a dark horse Chris, did you get it for a good price.
As for firmware you can check what version you have by holding down the display/backspace button at the time of switching on. The latest firmware version is v2.
As for setting I have all set at "0" including noise reduction. If its part of the old Jessops stock, then I don`t think it will be all that old.

Well, I was always tempted but thought I'd wait until the next generation came along. But when the X20 showed up I couldn't see what was so good that it was worth an extra 200 so I went back to square one. I was pleased with the price I got via LCE. I got a so-called ex-demo model, but they were from Jessops as I said and the box and contents hadn't even been opened, so it was in fact brand new for 250. I thought that was fair enough. Smile

I'm still finding my way around and how to get the best out of the X10. Perhaps I always expect too much but I'm looking forward to going out with it on Thursday. Bit concerned about the noise still, and I have got everything set to Nil, but perhaps I've tried it out on the wrong subject first. I've had Fujis before so I'm familiar with the EXR stuff and settings etc., so I expect I'll sort it out soon.

Oh, and it is version 2.0, so hopefully I don't have to do any firmware upgrades. And it works perfectly with ACR. So, so far, all good.
SmileSmileSmile
Paul Morgan e2
13 15.7k 6 England
23 Apr 2013 11:15PM
Latest firmware the Chris, that is good and it should be trouble free Smile

What`s all this about noise, are you talking about high ISO`s.
SlowSong e2
6 4.6k 29 England
24 Apr 2013 9:23AM
Might have been my error Paul. I snapped quite a high contrast scene of an ornament on the window ledge then noticed that the shelf was very dusty indeed. Perhaps I need to do some housework rather than random snapping. Blush Will try some more later when I'm in less of a hurry. Grin
Paul Morgan e2
13 15.7k 6 England
24 Apr 2013 2:11PM
You might find this helpful Chris, one of the many blogs out there on getting the best out of the x10.

http://andreinicoara.com/how-to-set-your-fuji-x10-for-best-results/
SlowSong e2
6 4.6k 29 England
24 Apr 2013 3:11PM
Thanks Paul. I was wondering what the best EXR settings would be, and the tip about the RAW button also being a Quick Menu button is brill.
Where would be be without you. SmileSmileSmile
Paul Morgan e2
13 15.7k 6 England
24 Apr 2013 8:07PM
Can`t remember the last time a played with those modes Smile
SlowSong e2
6 4.6k 29 England
24 Apr 2013 8:43PM
No, me neither. I'm only going by what the guy said about the EXR modes. I've only ever used them on a really cheap auto/compact Fuji in the past. TBH, don't think I'll be going there. I know what I like and I stick to it. There's always a useful tip or two to be picked up from these vids though. Smile
x
Paul Morgan e2
13 15.7k 6 England
24 Apr 2013 9:09PM
These video`s in two parts explain a lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cj25re-1UpM
SlowSong e2
6 4.6k 29 England
24 Apr 2013 10:06PM
OMG. I lost the will to live.....
Paul Morgan e2
13 15.7k 6 England
24 Apr 2013 10:10PM
Smile Smile
Paul Morgan e2
13 15.7k 6 England
26 Apr 2013 5:14PM

Quote:OMG. I lost the will to live.....

Hope its not with problems Chris.
SlowSong e2
6 4.6k 29 England
26 Apr 2013 5:31PM
Nah! Just watching the first min of that video. Grin
Have been having a play. See my blog of yesterday and today. I'm getting there.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.