Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Fuji X10 group

Paul Morgan e2
13 15.7k 6 England
26 Apr 2013 5:54PM
Just been and had a look Chris, and left a comment.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

SlowSong e2
6 4.6k 29 England
26 Apr 2013 6:08PM
I've just deleted the SilkyPix stuff and don't have Capture so I'll try and work it out with ACR unless I get totally twonked with it. Now I've got the EXR DR set up I'll give that a go but if I can do without RAW all the better. I can't see how you can process RAW files in camera - I would've thought the screen was too small to be able to see anything. I do love using it though - it's so quick and somehow I don't feel so exposed pointing it at people.

As always Paul, thanks for your thoughts. Smile
Paul Morgan e2
13 15.7k 6 England
26 Apr 2013 6:13PM
The shutter release is threaded as well, brilliant for adding a soft release Smile

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Camera%20soft%20release
SlowSong e2
6 4.6k 29 England
26 Apr 2013 6:48PM
Don't think I need one of those, but I've just found an old 12" screw-in shutter release in my oldies box that I used to use on my Pentax manuals and it fits. Great for tripod work. Smile
GazzaG2003 11 252 England
26 Apr 2013 7:20PM
i love the idea of using my 80's shutter release on my X10 brings a touch of nostalgia Smile
Paul Morgan e2
13 15.7k 6 England
26 Apr 2013 10:19PM
I`ve got an old bulb release I still use Smile
Paul Morgan e2
13 15.7k 6 England
27 Apr 2013 1:54AM

Quote:Now I've got the EXR DR set up I'll give that a go but if I can do without RAW all the better

Set to EXR I don`t think you get Raws only Jpegs, I find it better to set this up myself and save it as a my set to either C1 or C2.

These are my settings.

Aperture priority
ISO 400
Dynamic range 400%
Auto White Balance
Noise reduction 0
File size M 4.3
Raw + Fine jpeg
Film type velvia (only effects jpeg)
High light tone -2
Shadow tone 0
colour 0
sharpness 0
SlowSong e2
6 4.6k 29 England
27 Apr 2013 9:46AM
I'll try that but if I find jpeg to be good enough I'll cut out the RAW bit. If the ACR conversion is maybe causing some of the problem then I'll avoid raw if I can.
The rest I pretty much use as standard on all my cameras. The highlight tone adjustment might be useful but I don't usually change those in-camera settings, rather do it via the software. Smile

Can you change the aperture in the EXR modes? Doesn't seem to be possible.
Ewanneil 4 1.1k 2 Scotland
27 Apr 2013 12:01PM
Chris, I've only ever shot raw on my X-10. LR4 recognises the files but if you don't have it then FastStone , which is free and very good, opens RAF files. I just say this to give you some other options.

I'm glad you like the X-10. I just love it.
SlowSong e2
6 4.6k 29 England
27 Apr 2013 12:48PM
Thank Ewan. I'll try that. Smile
SlowSong e2
6 4.6k 29 England
27 Apr 2013 1:04PM
Sorry, do I need all four things?
27 Apr 2013 1:50PM
No. Just FastStone Image Viewer 4.8. I think the other 3 are small stand-alone products each of which is included in FastStone Image Viewer.

It's a really nice program - easy to use with lots of useful features.
SlowSong e2
6 4.6k 29 England
27 Apr 2013 1:54PM
Tku Smile
SlowSong e2
6 4.6k 29 England
27 Apr 2013 5:58PM
Well I've tried a couple of RAW files using Fastone but they look the same as when I upload to Adobe so it's my in-camera settings that I've got to tweak. Thanks for the suggestion Ewan. A strange little programme that I'll keep for a while, but I can't see me using it. It's great for free though. Smile
27 Apr 2013 6:27PM

Quote:A strange little programme that I'll keep for a while, but I can't see me using it. It's great for free though. Smile

Don't give up on it too soon. There's a lot more to it than at first meets the eye. It's very customisable (not sure if that's a word) and you can export files to other external editors such as PS or PSE. It's also brilliant for batch processing (re-sizing or re-naming).

Good luck with the in-camera tweaking.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.