Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Fuji X10 group

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814

Members Only

You must be logged in or registered to join a group
Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315222 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
26 Apr 2013 - 5:54 PM

Just been and had a look Chris, and left a comment.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
26 Apr 2013 - 5:54 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 64387 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
26 Apr 2013 - 6:08 PM

I've just deleted the SilkyPix stuff and don't have Capture so I'll try and work it out with ACR unless I get totally twonked with it. Now I've got the EXR DR set up I'll give that a go but if I can do without RAW all the better. I can't see how you can process RAW files in camera - I would've thought the screen was too small to be able to see anything. I do love using it though - it's so quick and somehow I don't feel so exposed pointing it at people.

As always Paul, thanks for your thoughts. Smile

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315222 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
26 Apr 2013 - 6:13 PM

The shutter release is threaded as well, brilliant for adding a soft release Smile

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keyw...

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 64387 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
26 Apr 2013 - 6:48 PM

Don't think I need one of those, but I've just found an old 12" screw-in shutter release in my oldies box that I used to use on my Pentax manuals and it fits. Great for tripod work. Smile

GazzaG2003
GazzaG2003  11252 forum posts England
26 Apr 2013 - 7:20 PM

i love the idea of using my 80's shutter release on my X10 brings a touch of nostalgia Smile

Paul Morgan
26 Apr 2013 - 10:19 PM

I`ve got an old bulb release I still use Smile

Paul Morgan
27 Apr 2013 - 1:54 AM

Quote: Now I've got the EXR DR set up I'll give that a go but if I can do without RAW all the better

Set to EXR I don`t think you get Raws only Jpegs, I find it better to set this up myself and save it as a my set to either C1 or C2.

These are my settings.

Aperture priority
ISO 400
Dynamic range 400%
Auto White Balance
Noise reduction 0
File size M 4.3
Raw + Fine jpeg
Film type velvia (only effects jpeg)
High light tone -2
Shadow tone 0
colour 0
sharpness 0

SlowSong
27 Apr 2013 - 9:46 AM

I'll try that but if I find jpeg to be good enough I'll cut out the RAW bit. If the ACR conversion is maybe causing some of the problem then I'll avoid raw if I can.
The rest I pretty much use as standard on all my cameras. The highlight tone adjustment might be useful but I don't usually change those in-camera settings, rather do it via the software. Smile

Can you change the aperture in the EXR modes? Doesn't seem to be possible.

Last Modified By SlowSong at 27 Apr 2013 - 9:49 AM
Ewanneil
Ewanneil  41118 forum posts Scotland2 Constructive Critique Points
27 Apr 2013 - 12:01 PM

Chris, I've only ever shot raw on my X-10. LR4 recognises the files but if you don't have it then FastStone, which is free and very good, opens RAF files. I just say this to give you some other options.

I'm glad you like the X-10. I just love it.

Last Modified By Ewanneil at 27 Apr 2013 - 12:01 PM
SlowSong
27 Apr 2013 - 12:48 PM

Thank Ewan. I'll try that. Smile

SlowSong
27 Apr 2013 - 1:04 PM

Sorry, do I need all four things?

Ewanneil
27 Apr 2013 - 1:50 PM

No. Just FastStone Image Viewer 4.8. I think the other 3 are small stand-alone products each of which is included in FastStone Image Viewer.

It's a really nice program - easy to use with lots of useful features.

SlowSong
27 Apr 2013 - 1:54 PM

Tku Smile

SlowSong
27 Apr 2013 - 5:58 PM

Well I've tried a couple of RAW files using Fastone but they look the same as when I upload to Adobe so it's my in-camera settings that I've got to tweak. Thanks for the suggestion Ewan. A strange little programme that I'll keep for a while, but I can't see me using it. It's great for free though. Smile

Ewanneil
27 Apr 2013 - 6:27 PM

Quote: A strange little programme that I'll keep for a while, but I can't see me using it. It's great for free though. Smile

Don't give up on it too soon. There's a lot more to it than at first meets the eye. It's very customisable (not sure if that's a word) and you can export files to other external editors such as PS or PSE. It's also brilliant for batch processing (re-sizing or re-naming).

Good luck with the in-camera tweaking.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.