Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Fuji X10 problem

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    camay
    camay  7119 forum posts Scotland3 Constructive Critique Points
    23 Jan 2013 - 3:21 PM

I bought a Fuji x10 last spring and have been very happy with it. I bought two new SD cards for it, 8Gb high speed cards from either My Memory or Play.com, can't remember now. Several months ago one of them stopped working, all I got was "card error". I couldn't read or format it in the camera or on the computer (normally when I upload photos to the computer I format the card in the camera). Yesterday I took a photo using the SanDisk Extreme Pro card I had but in the evening when I switched the camera on I got "card error" again. Not only have I lost (only a few) photos but that is the same thing happening twice. The camera is less than a year old. Anyone got any ideas as to the cause?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    23 Jan 2013 - 3:21 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed
    23 Jan 2013 - 5:37 PM

Dirty contacts? Hopefully it will be something as simple as that.

Paul Morgan
    Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315335 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    23 Jan 2013 - 6:13 PM

Faulty cards or just simply dirty contacts, it happens Smile

lemmy
    lemmy  71866 forum posts United Kingdom
    23 Jan 2013 - 7:20 PM

Does chkdsk come up with anything or is it simply unreadable?

camay
    camay  7119 forum posts Scotland3 Constructive Critique Points
    24 Jan 2013 - 9:58 AM

Well done boys! I decided if the card was faulty I had nothing to lose, so I took a rubber to the contacts then wiped them with a cloth. back in the camera, the card is working again. I would never have thought of that, I thought it was a camera fault. Thank you very much, one and all.

KenTaylor
    KenTaylor e2 Member 102980 forum postsKenTaylor vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
    24 Jan 2013 - 10:26 AM

Quote: I would never have thought of that

Common practice before any attack with a screwdriver Wink

lemmy
    lemmy  71866 forum posts United Kingdom
    24 Jan 2013 - 11:11 AM

Quote: Common practice before any attack with a screwdriver

That reminds me of a stupid thing I did years ago. As a young news photographer I found getting around London and parking with a car slow and inhibiting. So, having a motorcycle license I bought myself a snappy little 175cc Yamaha trail bike, fitted a top box for the cameras - ideal.

Except, the Nikkor lenses that the company gave me didn't like the vibration after a while. I stuck my 200mm on the Nikon body and it just fell off - the mount had come unscrewed, so the mount was in the camera but the body of the lens was on the ground. The company repaired it, just one of those things. Until the same happened with my 105mm. I decided to repair it myself rather than have any more trouble from the company. Out came the screwdriver and....don't even think about it. The lens contains a series of concentric helixes which have to be engaged all at once to get the lens back together. it is impossible. You need three pairs of hands except there is only room for one finger. Through my efforts, all the iris blades fell out. Then a series of small screws.

I just had to confess and take the flak. I carried the cameras, to my great discomfort, over my shoulder whilst riding after that.

Lesson No1 for photographers. Screwdriver and camera gear - just say no!

mikehit
    mikehit  56435 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
    24 Jan 2013 - 11:30 AM

I learned that lessn as a young lad - not with cameras but with clocks. For a couple of years, no clock was safe from me and no matter how much I tried to tell myself otherwise, me and mechanical things just do not mix well resulting in my parents having several clocks that mysteriosuly 'stopped working'. Mysterious until they took the back off, that is. Tongue

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.