Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Fuji X100 Lightroom Processing Presets

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Members Only

You must be logged in or registered to join a group
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    davidburleson
    davidburleson ePHOTOzine Staff 72350 forum postsdavidburleson vcard United Kingdom
    14 Jun 2013 - 10:27 AM

As lightroom doesn't seem to respect the post-processing work done in the x100, I was wondering if anyone has created some Lightroom presets to re-apply the post-processing on RAW files in lightroom?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    14 Jun 2013 - 10:27 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

SteveCharles
    14 Jun 2013 - 10:36 AM

I use those downloaded from the bottom of this page, tweaked to my own liking. Used them for years with other cameras, works well with the x100s. I mainly use the Provia curve as a base, along with Portra, the Velvia can be a bit ott depending on subject/lighting. Looks more film-like than Fuji's own in camera settings.

Thinking of getting VSCO, though.

Paul Morgan
    Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315382 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    14 Jun 2013 - 4:40 PM

Hi David just pinch one of the macbeth colour charts you lot use when reviewing camera`s and download this free bit of Adobe Software, I`ve compared it against the colourchecker passport and it works equally as well and its very simple to use, I can`t understand why they don`t include this with LR Smile

https://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=5494

Once downloaded and un-zipped the program runs without the need of installing.

7-untitled-1.jpg
    Screen shoot

Last Modified By Paul Morgan at 14 Jun 2013 - 4:45 PM
    Paul Morgan
    Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315382 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    14 Jun 2013 - 4:47 PM

Sorry David, got my wires crossed Smile

Last Modified By Paul Morgan at 14 Jun 2013 - 4:51 PM
    davidburleson
    davidburleson ePHOTOzine Staff 72350 forum postsdavidburleson vcard United Kingdom
    14 Jun 2013 - 8:11 PM

I'm looking to easily re-apply the different film modes, dynamic range and other 'post-processing' done in-camera in the x100. I'm a bit new at it, it just bugs me that when shooting in jpeg+raw, the raw's don't replicate the shooting settings. I know it's consider post processing, but it should be an option or something.

Paul Morgan
    14 Jun 2013 - 8:34 PM

Can you develop the raws in camera like you can with the x10 David, I can process my raws in camera to simulate the various film types.

As with most things, the pre-sets you use only effect the jpegs.

JJGEE
    JJGEE  96308 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
    14 Jun 2013 - 8:38 PM

Quote: I can process my raws in camera to simulate the various film types.

No need to buy CS / Lightroom / Capture One then Wink

davidburleson
    14 Jun 2013 - 8:52 PM

@Paul Morgan

Yes, but it would be nice if that stuff transferred over into a RAW file that can then be used in Lightroom. Sometimes, you might just want to make the slight adjustment to something you took in B&W if you know what i mean.

Paul Morgan
    14 Jun 2013 - 9:02 PM

Quote: I can process my raws in camera to simulate the various film types.
    No need to buy CS / Lightroom / Capture One then Wink

My guess this has been built in for people on the move, who are not going to get access to a PC, its actually pretty handy.

Quote: @Paul Morgan

Yes, but it would be nice if that stuff transferred over into a RAW file that can then be used in Lightroom. Sometimes, you might just want to make the slight adjustment to something you took in B&W if you know what i mean.

Yes I agree, even your crop settings are not transferred to the raw file

I`ve found the Direct Positive preset makes a good base for simulating velvia in LR.

MichaelMelb_AU
    14 Jun 2013 - 11:28 PM

Quote: I'm looking to easily re-apply the different film modes, dynamic range and other 'post-processing' done in-camera in the x100. I'm a bit new at it, it just bugs me that when shooting in jpeg+raw, the raw's don't replicate the shooting settings. I know it's consider post processing, but it should be an option or something.

You can easily do it with Silkypix - or it's abridged version that Fujifilm supplies with their cameras. Lightroom is not the best platform for Fujifilm RAW processing - unfortunately.

Paul Morgan
    15 Jun 2013 - 12:04 AM

The x100 is well supported in LR.

MichaelMelb_AU
    15 Jun 2013 - 12:24 AM

Please read.

Paul Morgan
    15 Jun 2013 - 1:13 AM

No need, read loads when the x10 and x100 came it, I could not see what all the fuss was about.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.