Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Fujifilm FinePix X100 at Focus on Imaging 2011

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
Streetshooter

I've read the manual but I was looking for 1st hand experience.
Thank you anyway,
Don

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
8 Mar 2011 - 3:07 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

boone
boone  3 United States
8 Mar 2011 - 3:20 PM

The Leica frame line accuracy varies with focal length. At 50mm on the M9 it is about 93%. It goes up as FL increases and down as FL decreases. Also varies with distance to subject. Optimized for around .7M distance.

Streetshooter

Exactly. With that in mind, the M has interchangeable lenses.
The X100 with just a single focal length should be as accurate or better.
I'm just wondering from a X100 user, how is the accuracy?
I think that the OVF is key to the camera.
Nuff said....don

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315208 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
8 Mar 2011 - 4:34 PM

Lol any truth in this

http://nikonrumors.com/2011/01/18/fuji-x100-may-be-compatible-with-nikon-cls.asp...

Streetshooter

That is interesting isn't it?

petemasty
petemasty  5155 forum posts England
9 Mar 2011 - 12:43 PM

Just read the thread. I feel somewhat deflated after reading about the focus speed. Hey ho. ui suppose it will save me a grand. Was going to get it for streeet shots. did anyone who handled the camera have any comments regarding shutter lag?

boone
boone  3 United States
9 Mar 2011 - 1:14 PM

Before you get too upset, I would take these posts with a grain of salt. Here is a link to posts by a UK chap that actually has a production unit.

http://www.x100forum.com/index.php?/topic/86-x100-arrived/page__pid__445#entry44...

strawman
strawman  1022006 forum posts United Kingdom16 Constructive Critique Points
9 Mar 2011 - 1:17 PM

The other news is that fuji have so many pre-orders they are expanding production.

petemasty
petemasty  5155 forum posts England
9 Mar 2011 - 1:54 PM

Quote: Before you get too upset, I would take these posts with a grain of salt. Here is a link to posts by a UK chap that actually has a production unit.

http://www.x100forum.com/index.php?/topic/86-x100-arrived/page__pid__445#entry445

Boone

Thanks for the link. It made very interesting reading..

I have also noticed a few other websites selling the X100 for 899 sterling. Maybe the price drop from 999 will happen much sooner rather than later.

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315208 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
9 Mar 2011 - 5:53 PM

Quote: http://www.x100forum.com/index.php?/topic/86-x100-arrived/page__pid__445#entry445

My guess is, there`s a bunch of units floating around not all using the same version of firmware.

peterjones
peterjones e2 Member 123913 forum postspeterjones vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
9 Mar 2011 - 5:57 PM

I tried a Fuji X100 today at Focus and had no issues with the speed of focus whatsoever; the camera with a snazzy retro design seemd to handle well; would I buy one? ........ Not atm but only because I just really just don't need one.

Peter.

boone
boone  3 United States
9 Mar 2011 - 6:03 PM

Either there was a group of Leica philes trying to create FUD about the AF or they had cameras with older prerelease firmware. So far, they seem to be the only ones complaining about AF and certainly not from people that have actual released cameras in hand.

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318442 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
9 Mar 2011 - 7:45 PM

I spoke to Fuji about the concern and it was suggested that maybe the modes could have been fiddled around with before Mike picked it up. So it may not have been at the optimum setting.
One of Fuji's management team said that we should not expect the same speed as an SLR as the designers had a choice of creating a bigger bulkier camera with fastest focus or a smaller one with more moderate speed focusing.

You have to remember that the applications this is designed for is not needing sports speed AF.

I got the chance to look at one today and it seemed fine. I tried a second and the battery was flat.
We will of course be doing a thorough test of the camera soon and can compare with SLRs and other similar compact models.

peterjones
peterjones e2 Member 123913 forum postspeterjones vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
9 Mar 2011 - 9:09 PM

it will be interesting to read a "hands on" test of the camera; what I also liked about the Fuji was it's relative simplicity compared to the DSLRs in my armoury; from my point of view it wouldn't a bad back up camera for wedding photography .... still not going to buy it as I have a camera already that fits that role.

Peter.

monstersnowman
9 Mar 2011 - 10:13 PM

Quote: Just read the thread. I feel somewhat deflated after reading about the focus speed. Hey ho. ui suppose it will save me a grand. Was going to get it for streeet shots. did anyone who handled the camera have any comments regarding shutter lag?

From memory I think shutter lag is 0.1 sec

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.