Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Fujifilm X-E1

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    kodachrome
    3 Oct 2012 - 11:16 AM

The new Fujifilm X-E1 will apparently be on sale in the UK before Christmas. Has any one seen the suggested retail price with kit zoom yet?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    3 Oct 2012 - 11:16 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Gudgeon
    Gudgeon  7128 forum posts England
    3 Oct 2012 - 10:34 PM

Around 1150 with the 18-55 I believe.

Looks interesting, I've spent some hours trying to find something I would get on with after buying the X100, thinking the fixed lens would be good, but can't get on with it's limitations - just my preference, in all other respects it's great.

kodachrome
    4 Oct 2012 - 9:14 AM

Thanks gudgeon

Thats a bit disapointing as I thought it would be a sub 1000 deal with 18-55 lens. Like all new cameras to the market, give it time and I guess the price will drop.

I use an X-10 and love the picture quality and design/controls. I think Fuji have carved themselves a very special niche in the market and I am a big fan.

Gudgeon
    4 Oct 2012 - 2:48 PM

I have thought about the X10 but worry about the IQ with the smaller sensor.

The X100 is great in all aspects for me except the inability to zoom. I originally thought that it would be ok and the lens quality would be improved (which it is), I just find it too restrictive for my style of photography (I'm not into street photography at all). As such I've only taken a couple of hundred shots, I bought it right at the beginning when it was a few pounds short of 1k and it's had the lens unit replacement, so I've lost an arm and a leg already if I sell but just don't use it enough and need something with a similar quality but some zoom.

Pocket size isn't really an issue for me but I don't always want to be carting a D3 around, it's a real barrier on some occasions.

I look forward to seeing what the X-E1 proves it can do but will hold off till prices fall. Once bitten and all that. I do love the look of the Fuji range though and agree they are hard to beat in my eyes.

Paul Morgan
    Paul Morgan e2 Member 1214378 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    4 Oct 2012 - 4:27 PM

Quote: I have thought about the X10 but worry about the IQ with the smaller sensor.

Its the best in its class, easily Smile

kodachrome
    4 Oct 2012 - 6:45 PM

My X10 gives me better IQ and less noise or high light clipping and wider dynamic range than my Olympus E-510 which has a much bigger 4thirds sensor. It really is an exceptional camera. The new X-E1 has to be even better.

Gudgeon
    4 Oct 2012 - 9:08 PM

Thanks for the comments/re-assurance. Time to look again I guess, I might wait until there are real reviews (users rather than organisations) on the X-E1. My main reluctance on that is the lack of an optical viewfinder. Can't say I'm that impressed with the X100 EVF. That said it's the only one I've tried properly (the only comparative EVF I've read about is the NEX 7 but whenever I pop into a shop to try it, the camera battery is flat), but according to spec it should be much improved.

kodachrome
    5 Oct 2012 - 8:32 AM

I guess you either hate EVF's or you don't mind them. I have to be honest in that the EVF on my Panasonic G3 was easier to read with all your settings and adjustments in bright colour while up at the eye than my old Oly E-510 with OVF. You also get a 100% view with a EVF. I do concede though thay they are not every one's cup of tea. I have now sold most of my camera collection to fund the new X-E1.

From all the previews on the Fuji X-E1, they are saying it has the same IQ as the X Pro-1. and if the EVF is anything like the X-S1 which it probably is, then you are in for a treat.
    They had to produce the X-E1 at lower cost than the X-Pro-1, so I guess the opto/evf system was dropped in favour of an EVF only to keep costs down. I can live with that.

No AA filter is another attraction for me as it enables very fine detail/sharpnes and definition to be recorded. The one single factor that drew me to Fuji was the colours. Fuji optics are also very well regarded and are in my view up in the high end sector.
    I agree, with user reviews, they are 'real world' and probably more beneficial than all those long drawn out lab tests where the slightest hickup in performance renders the camera as an also ran. DPReviews are famous for this which is why I ignore most reviews.
    I admire the Sony NEX series of cameras for IQ, but to me when fitted with a standard kit lens, they look like a credit card fixed to the end of a Coke can. Also Sony NEX optics have struggled to keep up with the competition.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.