Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Fujifilm X-T1 Announced

joshwa e2
4 605 United Kingdom
28 Jan 2014 9:22AM
The new weather-sealed Fujifilm X-T1:
http://www.ephotozine.com/article/fujifilm-launch-x-t1-mirrorless-camera-23908

What do you think?

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

28 Jan 2014 11:22AM
Looks like a very decent camera well worth attention. The only factor that will decide on its success however will be price policy.

At the moment Fujifilm looks truly competitive only in bridge cameras market, but even there it looses for insufficient amount and quality of advertisement.

Fuji cameras are innovative and unique in many ways, but say, Olympus is much better in explaining it to an ordinary Joe. A bit less pride and more intrigue on behalf of the maker would help a lot.
28 Jan 2014 11:35AM
Price does seem a little steep but there are some nice innovations like the high speed EVF which will appeal to DSLR owners. Should also appeal to those who like more traditional looks (i.e. those of a certain age Wink ).

You could make it a prize in a competition Smile
mikehit e2
5 6.8k 11 United Kingdom
28 Jan 2014 11:55AM

Quote:Should also appeal to those who like more traditional looks (i.e. those of a certain age Wink ).

Not at all. I think dials have great advantages over push-buttons in that they are less fiddly and I know that a quick twist will reset the options immediately - with buttons there is almost always a short lag while the electronic connection 'engages'. For me, that level of responsiveness is not a dealbreaker but it is something I really like when it is there.
joshwa e2
4 605 United Kingdom
28 Jan 2014 12:42PM
A range of new weather-sealed lenses has been announced, but they're not out yet:
http://www.ephotozine.com/article/fujifilm-lens-roadmap-2014-2015-shown-23909
Niknut e2
4 673 64 United Kingdom
28 Jan 2014 4:45PM
I'm just waiting for my wife to ask what I want for my birthday !!! (next month).....GrinGrinGrinGrinGrinGrinGrinGrinGrinGrin !!
stuvine 9 63 United Kingdom
29 Jan 2014 1:48PM
Does anyone know a rough date for availability for these. Cant seem to find anything on any of the reviews.
Just available to pre-order.
Niknut e2
4 673 64 United Kingdom
29 Jan 2014 2:48PM
Looks like the launch date is 7 March for them to be on the shelves ??.......have a look on 'Softpedia,com/news/photo.' for latest info !!
stuvine 9 63 United Kingdom
29 Jan 2014 3:41PM
Bugger, I fly to Canada on the 8th March......think that'll be cutting it a bit fine to get one before I go!
iancrowson e2
4 211 129 United Kingdom
2 Feb 2014 2:14PM
Not just pleasing traditional looks, it should be a good camera to use.
I have a Fuji X-E1 which is so easy to control in manual or aperture priority. I have the function button set up for ISO, but this new X-T1 with a separate dial will be even better.
Control wise looks like being every thing the Nikon Df seems to fail on - easy adjustments whilst at the eye. That is just my impression from trying the Df in a shop and reading reviews.
joshwa e2
4 605 United Kingdom
4 Feb 2014 3:07PM
randomrubble 10 3.0k 12 United Kingdom
4 Feb 2014 7:23PM
I love the looks of this camera - the shape of the top plate is so like one of my favourite film cameras, the Contax 159MM.
kodachrome 3 474
7 Feb 2014 9:13AM
Be patient, give it time and the price is bound to drop.
iannidan 6 65 United Kingdom
25 May 2014 9:04AM
I have found digital rev to be the cheapest. what you see is the price you pay. i.e. delivery and import tax included. I recently bought a X100s for 699.00 this was about 180 cheaper than in the shops

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.