Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Full Frame

Southend 4 7 United Kingdom
6 Sep 2013 9:08PM
Does Anyone

Have any idea when Full Frame Pentax is coming?

Heard lots of rumour even AP has commented but no HARD FACTS.

WG

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Ploughman 2 28 3 United Kingdom
6 Sep 2013 10:37PM
From the way you phrase your post I guess you are after a FF camera. I cannot help you as I`ve no idea. As far as I know they are just rumors and no more than that.
As a matter of interest, in what way does the current Pentax lineup K5II(s), K50 or K500 inhibit your photo taking ? I looked at some of your work and to me it looks really ok. It is easy to `want` a new camera and if Pentax do not make what you want you can easily get another brand. However, do you really need one ?
Very often we forget just how very good our present gear really is. I remember a few years back working as a local sports photographer and using a 1D mk 2 that was supplied as part of the job. You probably have no idea what very hard work it was just to lug that around. Strange thing is, at an event where I was just a spectator I took photos of the event with my Pentax K100d and humble Tammy 70-300. My colleague was working and using a Id but I sold my shots to him to resell to the customers. Remember the K5 series are a million miles in front of that old K100d and still good for quite some time.
Therefor my advice is - if you need FF right now, go try another brand and move on. Otherwise get out there and make some pictures, daydreaming about something that may or may not happen will ruin your photographic pleasure and at the end of the day, that is the important thing.
Good luck with whatever you go for and keep taking those great Rock shots.

Richard.
Southend 4 7 United Kingdom
7 Sep 2013 1:39AM
I would like to use my 20mm A as a 20mm not a 28mm. If it was around the Nikon Full Frame price might be really good as I have a series of full frame Autofocus lenses with the right image circle. With more powerful computer maybe Pentax could even pull a stroke by incorporation affordable 4k.

WG
lemmy 7 2.0k United Kingdom
7 Sep 2013 12:19PM

Quote:Does Anyone Have any idea when Full Frame Pentax is coming?

I'd have thought that if anyone answered that for you, they would simply have Googled it. Have you tried that?

I can't see where anyone else would get information that you can't.
14 Apr 2014 6:30PM
According to the Pentax website something new is going to be announced in 8 hours 30 minutes.
Distinct Format.
Unmistakeable Brilliance Z

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.