Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Full House - at last!

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    brian1208
    brian1208 e2 Member 1110181 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
    30 Jan 2013 - 10:18 PM

I've just come back from the second round of our Club Print Competition and am chuffed to diddy-nickers having finally score a maximum 40 / 40 score (the first time its ever been done apparently Smile )

My last highest was 39.5 / 40 about 6 years ago and to make it even sweeter I'm now overall leader with Macro as the subject for the last round.

Better yet, the subject was Abstract tonight and although the judge gave my two bubble pics 10's he hadn't a clue how I'd done it (much pontificatiing about excellent PS work etc) - he seemed suprised but please when I explained how it was done and that they had been nowhere near PS

Finally, one of my open images was a landscape of Portland after a storm, which he told me I should be selling - how nice to tell him I already was and to invite him to our exhibition in March Grin

Sorry about the trumpet blowing but its not often I have a night like this these days (too many good new members in the club!)

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    30 Jan 2013 - 10:18 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

p12owe
    p12owe  1101 forum posts United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
    30 Jan 2013 - 10:30 PM

Well done! I managed the same last week for the first time, so i know how sweet it feelsSmile. I am sure, like me, you will get some "pro's" on here who will use your thread to vent their personal views on Photography clubs, but just nod and smile in the knowledge that you have been brave enough to submit your images to such close scrutiny and come out smiling.

best wishes for the remainder of the season!

Nick_Hilton
    30 Jan 2013 - 10:38 PM

Members like us enjoy our hobby and aim to trophy collect. The professionals aim to get people to part with their hard earned cash and so thats their reward. Grin

brian1208
    brian1208 e2 Member 1110181 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
    30 Jan 2013 - 11:12 PM

Quote: Members like us enjoy our hobby and aim to trophy collect. The professionals aim to get people to part with their hard earned cash and so thats their reward. Grin

I'm lucky enough to have a foot in both camps but I'm not very serious about either at my age, its more about having fun and seeing what an old man who only relatively recently took up photography can do Wink

AnnChown
    AnnChown e2 Member 4183 forum postsAnnChown vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    31 Jan 2013 - 8:28 AM

Congratulations! That's a great result!
    Ann

rogerfry
    rogerfry e2 Member 8501 forum postsrogerfry vcard United Kingdom
    31 Jan 2013 - 8:44 AM

Well done Brian.....it must be a great feeling. Smile Grin

sparrowhawk
    sparrowhawk e2 Member 5267 forum postssparrowhawk vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
    31 Jan 2013 - 8:57 AM

congrats well done

Terry L
    Terry L e2 Member 10573 forum postsTerry L vcard England5 Constructive Critique Points
    31 Jan 2013 - 10:45 AM

Its good to blow your own trumpet occasionally Brian, looks like you have it in the bag what with macro being the last round. Well done you.

Terry.

brian1208
    31 Jan 2013 - 12:25 PM

Thanks all, I'm still pleased this morning. Terry, that was my first reaction (at that of my buddies who trail me by just 1 or 2 points) but then I thought - better not get complacent, you know what these judges can be like! Wink

Paul_Anthony
    31 Jan 2013 - 1:56 PM

Quote: Thanks all, I'm still pleased this morning. Terry, that was my first reaction (at that of my buddies who trail me by just 1 or 2 points) but then I thought - better not get complacent, you know what these judges can be like! Wink

Very true, I thought I had the trophy in the bag last year with just two competitions left had a decent lead, one weak competition for me left and one strong one. The judge came along and awarded something like 3 first places, 4 second places and 4 third places in my weak comp. None of the points went to me and all to my closest competition, with one or two members getting quite a few placings. Needless to say i did not get enough points in the final round to get the title. Still really happy with second.

I have only been a member there for two years and have come second twice and won one of the End of Year comps.

Well done though Brian, I am sure you will do well in the macro comp.

Paul

brian1208
    31 Jan 2013 - 2:13 PM

Thanks Paul, I'm relaxed about it - I don't mind where I come, so long as I win!

(it would show those "Newbies" that there is still life in the old dog Grin )

I'm putting up a Annual Macro & Close-up Trophy this year + a book on Macro Photography for the winner to keep. I get to select the winner (regardless of what the judge may think) so I hope to get more of the club members shooting this genre

(I found last night that several of them had spotted my Bubble pics on the web and some have already started to produce better images than me - hmm, one can take this benevolence too far methinks Smile )

joshwa
    joshwa ePHOTOzine Staff 3596 forum postsjoshwa vcard United Kingdom
    31 Jan 2013 - 2:19 PM

Congratulations! Can you share the images on here? so we can see too? Smile

brian1208
    31 Jan 2013 - 3:26 PM

1-portland-rainbow-1.jpg

I had to photograph the print in its mount for this one as I can't lay my hands on the file at the mo

green-woodpecker-in-the-snow.jpg

lobsterboy
    lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014057 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
    31 Jan 2013 - 3:54 PM

Love that Woodpecker.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.