Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Fun Friday

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Just Jas
Just Jas  1225727 forum posts England1 Constructive Critique Points
5 Mar 2004 - 2:47 PM

Macroman - stop bragging Smile

What's wrong with inches - nothing! Great system. Metric comes from the French revolution related to the distance from the N.pole to the equator, if I remember right. And they got the measurement wrong.

Why do we use metric today? I thought we won the Battle of Trafalgar!!!! And Waterloo!!! LOL

Only joking - no offence to friends across the sea!

jas

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
5 Mar 2004 - 2:47 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

macroman
macroman  1115312 forum posts England
5 Mar 2004 - 2:51 PM

PSP7 is not very good at maths anyway.

It says that an 800 x 600 image at 72 ppi is 10.987 x 8.240 inches.

My calculator makes it 11.111 x 8.333 inches.

Why??

davidc
davidc  10313 forum posts England
5 Mar 2004 - 2:52 PM

Sophie - what you forget is that pixels have no size. Therefore, it follows that size in pixels is in the eyes of the beholder!

macroman
macroman  1115312 forum posts England
5 Mar 2004 - 2:56 PM

??????
Therefore it follows that my 3.2Mp digicam must have an infinite number of pixels then! ;o))

davidc
davidc  10313 forum posts England
5 Mar 2004 - 3:04 PM

Nelsons Column is 185 ft or 56 m high. In pixels it can range from say, 10 pixels up to 3000 pixels, depending on your resolution. Therefore one mans Nelson's Column could be minute, while anothers huge. Whether Macromans is infinite, I don't really want to comment.

Franticsmurf
5 Mar 2004 - 6:39 PM

Pixel envy! Smile

If I had Snowman's 'Critique Mode' on my camera (already available as an update for the Kodak DCS14n), I would need the supplementary 'Tact Module' to ease the comments. I would definitely need the 'AutoCorrect' plug-in for PhotoShop (guaranteed to make the perfect picture out of any old collection of pixels).

The 'Stealth' module for the camera would be quite handy in candid and nature scenarios, blending camera and photographer into the surroundings, chamaeleon-like. (It works on a similar principle to the clone tool on PhotoShop).

Ian's work clone would be handy, too.
Dave

maljohns
maljohns  10431 forum posts Wales
5 Mar 2004 - 6:48 PM

I'd like a bullsh*t detector.

richardv
richardv  1032 forum posts
5 Mar 2004 - 6:55 PM

A Rewind button on life, so that I can undo all the wrong decisions, ill considered words, etc. and also to go back and have my camera with me and ready when that really great candid shot presented itself.

Richard

Just Jas
5 Mar 2004 - 6:58 PM

As pure picture elements no. But in reality or practical terms they do. Your 3000 pixel of Nelsons Column would produce a much larger picture on your screen (and in Mbs) than the 10 pixel version. They may not have a standard size, but they do have size. Else they would not exist. CCD area / no. of pixels give approximation of mean pixel size, assuming they are closely packed.

An infinitely small pixel (ie no size) would require an infinite number of pixels to compose a picture of any size. Pure asbtraction.

Not much fun for Friday....... I agree!!!!!

jas

Phoenix
Phoenix  131871 forum posts
5 Mar 2004 - 7:13 PM

A remote control with a mute button for all the women I'm on a 6 week training course with

SuziBlue
SuziBlue  1116195 forum posts Scotland10 Constructive Critique Points
5 Mar 2004 - 7:44 PM

Well I already seem to have an inbuilt b******t detector .. so what I need is an early warning b******t detector. Might save some time! lol

What else .. oh - an 'extra time' inserter. If I've been at the day job all day and then I come back home and need/want to write all night/work on some pics, I want to insert extra time so I can get some sleep too.

not much to ask .. lol

maljohns
5 Mar 2004 - 8:04 PM

SuziBlue - you need "Life+" - it's like "Sky+" but you can pause reality instead of TV!

SuziBlue
SuziBlue  1116195 forum posts Scotland10 Constructive Critique Points
5 Mar 2004 - 8:08 PM

Sign me up, Scotty! 8-D

maljohns
5 Mar 2004 - 8:13 PM

Ok then, that'll be 300 down, 50 for installation & 20 a month for life!

Just Jas
5 Mar 2004 - 8:29 PM

Longer hours, Suzi, like 120 minutes in each.

Our MD tried for that but the 'union' wouldn't agree! Smile

jas

(I use this sign-off now 'cOS iHATE cAPSLOCK)

I want a keyboard without capslock. PaSS THE aRALDITE!!!

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.