Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Funny or Amazing Car Registration Numbers!!

Billyray 7 70 3 United Kingdom
19 Aug 2008 7:33PM
Spotted RMA1L in Wigan a few years ago
Ray

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Bridgelayer 7 568 United Kingdom
19 Aug 2008 7:50PM
Seen on a Porsche parked outside Staples in Huddersfield..

BO0 2 YOO

Nifty.
NeilS e2
7 936 United Kingdom
19 Aug 2008 10:35PM
For the bikers out there I once saw a bike with TTR10T on it for sale for 500 advertised in MCN, wished now I had bought it,

Seen COM1C in Blackpool, Tarbucks I believe as well as JOK1E

We have a local one here in Newport Pagnell which is YE51CAN
Metalhead 7 1.9k 2 England
20 Aug 2008 9:16AM

Quote:For the bikers out there...

I personally wouldn't waste money on a personalised reg plate, but out of curiosity I looked on the DVLA website for my bike and there's hundreds of "GSX" registrations still available.
Geoffphoto 8 13.5k United Kingdom
20 Aug 2008 9:52AM

Quote:I personally wouldn't waste money on a personalised reg plate,

Er............I did/have !! Smile

My plate on my MG is X50 GSH ! - a Birthday pressy from my wife (my age at the time and my initials and the X is for X - rated !!! )
20 Aug 2008 11:52AM
Sorry, when I said "waste my money" I just meant there's always something more important to have to spend it on! Smile Bills, repairs, the usual stuff. If the reg plate does its job I wouldn't get round to replacing it. Though the GSX on the bike would be good. I wouldn't bother on my other motor...
User_Removed 7 1.5k 1
20 Aug 2008 1:03PM
Private number plates are a waste of money. the only reason people have them is to be noticed and that for me does not say much about the person. they must feel inadequate to want to purchase one. Its ok to buy an expensive car but it really does make me sick seeing people who are so materialistic where buy they have to draw attention to themself with a number plate. There are so many people in this world who have nothing, no clothes, no food, no electricity to keep warm and i personally would get more satisfaction giving any spare money i had to less fortunate people than myself rather than spend it on something to try and gain some sort of status. When i see a person driving a car with a private plate and they make a mistake like cutting out in front of me or braking hard at lights e.t.c i think to myself. What an idiot spending money on a private plate and they cant even drive the bloody thing properly. james
ade_mcfade e2
10 15.1k 216 England
20 Aug 2008 1:09PM
YAWN Wink
20 Aug 2008 1:27PM

Quote:they must feel inadequate to want to purchase one

Where's the "inadequacy" of owning a private plate? I don't think it is the status symbol it used to be, and plenty of inexpensive cars have private plates these days. It's just adding something a little personal to most people, such as their initials or whatever. A couple of hundred quid, maybe, for something that can be transferred from car to car through a person's life. You ain't gonna save the world by not having one...
Strobe 7 1.3k United States
20 Aug 2008 1:29PM
In South Africa I saw a sporty BMW with: 4U2NV
mdpontin 10 6.0k Scotland
20 Aug 2008 1:34PM
Apart from some, like the examples we've seen in this topic, most personalised registrations are probably just a regular plate which happens to have the owner's initials. Some of those were probably acquired by chance in the normal course of buying a car, and transferred to subsequent cars, so may not have cost much at all.

I don't see how you can make any judgement on somebody's personality, motivation, or anything else simply on the basis of their number plate! Smile

There was one I noticed some years ago not far from my home: AUS10. It was on a Fiat 131, I think... Smile
sidaorb 8 3.9k 2 England
20 Aug 2008 1:38PM

Quote:I don't see how you can make any judgement on somebody's personality, motivation, or anything else simply on the basis of their number plate!

Unless your plate is PEN15 Wink

My old plate was C8TSR .....CB my initials......and.....TSR for the Volvo T5R it was on.
Geoffphoto 8 13.5k United Kingdom
20 Aug 2008 1:42PM

Quote:Private number plates are a waste of money. the only reason people have them is to be noticed and that for me does not say much about the person. they must feel inadequate to want to purchase one. Its ok to buy an expensive car but it really does make me sick seeing people who are so materialistic where buy they have to draw attention to themself with a number plate. There are so many people in this world who have nothing, no clothes, no food, no electricity to keep warm and i personally would get more satisfaction giving any spare money i had to less fortunate people than myself rather than spend it on something to try and gain some sort of status. When i see a person driving a car with a private plate and they make a mistake like cutting out in front of me or braking hard at lights e.t.c i think to myself. What an idiot spending money on a private plate and they cant even drive the bloody thing properly. james

Do I detect a bit of jealousy there James ? - I have my own plate because I work bloody hard and I can !! I also give money to several charities - SO THERE !!
joolsb 10 27.1k 38 Switzerland
20 Aug 2008 1:47PM

Quote:There are so many people in this world who have nothing, no clothes, no food, no electricity to keep warm and i personally would get more satisfaction giving any spare money i had to less fortunate people than myself rather than spend it on something to try and gain some sort of status.

Like a fancy white lens or a big 'pro' DSLR? Wink
steve_kershaw 9 2.3k 4 United Kingdom
20 Aug 2008 1:50PM
worked on a site once and one of the shopfitters had ( 9 nob ) for his plate that he altered to ( 9" nob ) i thought it was genius at the time

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.