Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Exciting Updates to Free & Paid Memberships! Read More

Funny straplines

monkeygrip Plus
6 574 6 England
14 May 2011 9:58AM
In business branding and catchy slogans and straplines are the holy grail for advertisers "Every little helps" for instants we all know is the slogan for a large super market.

I am very rarely serious and wondered if you could help me out with a funny strapline for my photography business.

I was once described by a customer as "refreshingly un-professional" still to this day my greatest ever compliment but not the best way to sell yourself.

Also to show decent to authority in a networking event I signed off as "The only flasher you can trust with your kids" only half the room laughed I know deep down the other half wanted to.

Let the stupidity commence Tongue

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Big Bri 13 15.8k United Kingdom
14 May 2011 10:47AM
I find some of them amazing. "Reassuringly expensive" worked to make Stella Artois a top brand here, despite it being "tap beer" in its home town of Leuven (where I have been drinking many times).

No suggestions for you, but I wouldn't put any innuendo into it, that would make people run a mile.
14 May 2011 10:52AM
some are cheaper but they come at a price
14 May 2011 10:55AM
howsabout "you'r not really like a salesman"

but

getting that honour is skill!
indemnity 6 331
14 May 2011 11:01AM
'It does exactly what it says on the tin' ... Ronseal 1994 UK tv ad campaign.
monkeygrip Plus
6 574 6 England
14 May 2011 11:12AM

Quote:'It does exactly what it says on the tin' ... Ronseal 1994 UK tv ad campaign.

The only funny thing about this tagline is that every ronseal product I have ever used does roughly what it says on the tin after a couple of coats.
indemnity 6 331
14 May 2011 11:19AM
The only funny thing about this tagline is that every ronseal product I have ever used does roughly what it says on the tin after a couple of coats.

It's a little like 'Dulux Once' ... 'Twice' was the word they were looking for .Wink
joolsb Plus
10 27.1k 38 Switzerland
14 May 2011 11:24AM

Quote:I find some of them amazing. "Reassuringly expensive" worked to make Stella Artois a top brand here, despite it being "tap beer" in its home town of Leuven

Slightly off-topic but my one-and-only visit to Leuven was to interview for a job in the IT department of Interbrew. I didn't get the job but they did tell me that every Friday they knocked off early in order to spend an hour ensuring that they had an intimate understanding of the company's products.... Wink
cameracat Plus
11 8.6k 61 Norfolk Island
14 May 2011 11:32AM
If your aiming at weddings......Grin

How about " Taken For A Bride " by e t c or various plays on on that theme.....Smile

Or " You pays your money, We take your photo " simple to the point...Wink
monkeygrip Plus
6 574 6 England
14 May 2011 11:49AM
[quote
Quote:No suggestions for you, but I wouldn't put any innuendo into it, that would make people run a mile.

But innuendo is my favourite subject what about "When I flash my canon..your face is a picture"
Quote:If your aiming at weddings......Grin

" You pays your money, We take your photo " simple to the point...Wink

I would add " You pays your money upfront" lol
Dave_E 6 125 United Kingdom
14 May 2011 11:53AM
I remember the old one " Clunk, click every trip"
OK for an Olympus user
adrian_w Plus
7 3.5k 4 Scotland
14 May 2011 5:42PM
How about " simples" for Nikon users!
14 May 2011 6:55PM
How about:

"Prints Charming"
monkeygrip Plus
6 574 6 England
14 May 2011 6:59PM

Quote:How about:

"Prints Charming"

Very clever Smile
macroman Plus
11 15.3k England
14 May 2011 8:00PM
'Some day your prints will come'?

'We go the extra mile for your smile'.

'We take photos, not liberties'.

'Images 'r' us.'

'We focus on quality'.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.