Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

G12 card format

digicammad e2
11 22.0k 37 United Kingdom
22 Jan 2013 7:52AM
I got myself a G12 recently as a walkabout camera. At the moment I am having trouble reading the SD card, formatted in camera, on the PC, Windows displays that the card needs formatting. I can load the photos by plugging in the camera but I don't want to do that long term.

Has anybody else had this problem? If so what is the solution?

Cheers

Ian

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Big Bri e2
13 15.7k United Kingdom
22 Jan 2013 8:11AM
Nope, mine works fine. I have other disks that when I plug them in, Windows wants to format them, and I just say NO and they work anyway.....
digicammad e2
22 Jan 2013 8:49AM
Interesting. When I say no Windows refuses to mount it. I'll try a different card, see if that makes any difference.

Did you try the HDR mode? Looking again I think it may only be available when shooting in jpeg. I took mine out on Sunday and am pleased with the results.
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
22 Jan 2013 7:53PM
Is this a new card Ian and how are you connecting this to your computer, via the camera a by a card reader.

Some card readers will not read the newest cards as I found, the solution was pretty cheap Smile

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fujifilm-Card-Reader-SDHC-Cards/dp/B001725Y0Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1358884257&sr=8-1

The cards being read via the camera so its not a card fault.
digicammad e2
23 Jan 2013 7:49AM
It's a card I have used lots Paul, just not in this camera. I have tried a different one now and it is working perfectly so there must just be a problem with that card/camera combination.

I always use an SD/SDHC card reader, except in emergencies. Smile

Cheers

Ian

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.