Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

G12 card format

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    digicammad
    digicammad  1121988 forum posts United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
    22 Jan 2013 - 7:52 AM

I got myself a G12 recently as a walkabout camera. At the moment I am having trouble reading the SD card, formatted in camera, on the PC, Windows displays that the card needs formatting. I can load the photos by plugging in the camera but I don't want to do that long term.

Has anybody else had this problem? If so what is the solution?

Cheers

Ian

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    22 Jan 2013 - 7:52 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Big Bri
    Big Bri  1315583 forum posts England
    22 Jan 2013 - 8:11 AM

Nope, mine works fine. I have other disks that when I plug them in, Windows wants to format them, and I just say NO and they work anyway.....

digicammad
    22 Jan 2013 - 8:49 AM

Interesting. When I say no Windows refuses to mount it. I'll try a different card, see if that makes any difference.

Did you try the HDR mode? Looking again I think it may only be available when shooting in jpeg. I took mine out on Sunday and am pleased with the results.

Paul Morgan
    Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315347 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    22 Jan 2013 - 7:53 PM

Is this a new card Ian and how are you connecting this to your computer, via the camera a by a card reader.

Some card readers will not read the newest cards as I found, the solution was pretty cheap Smile

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fujifilm-Card-Reader-SDHC-Cards/dp/B001725Y0Q/ref=sr_1_1...

The cards being read via the camera so its not a card fault.

Last Modified By Paul Morgan at 22 Jan 2013 - 8:00 PM
    digicammad
    23 Jan 2013 - 7:49 AM

It's a card I have used lots Paul, just not in this camera. I have tried a different one now and it is working perfectly so there must just be a problem with that card/camera combination.

I always use an SD/SDHC card reader, except in emergencies. Smile

Cheers

Ian

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.