Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

G15 or g12

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    digicammad
    digicammad  1121988 forum posts United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
    16 Dec 2012 - 11:32 AM

I intend to get one of the above and would like some opinions from those who own them whether it is worth paying 480 for the g15 when the g12 can be had for 300.

Cheers

Ian

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    16 Dec 2012 - 11:32 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

sherlob
    sherlob e2 Member 82256 forum postssherlob vcard United Kingdom120 Constructive Critique Points
    16 Dec 2012 - 11:40 AM

Ian,

I was in PC world the other day - and they were selling off the G12 269.

I have the G12 and I like it - although its bulk can be a pain at times. The IQ is good enough for the purposes I use it for - and I find the manual controls useful. Ultimately - do the extra features you'll gain make the extra 210 worthwhile?

Adam

digicammad
    16 Dec 2012 - 11:48 AM

My thoughts exactly. I want it as a better quality walk around when I can't or don't want to take my SLR.

There are no PC Worlds near us, it is 300 on Amazon.

Thanks

sherlob
    sherlob e2 Member 82256 forum postssherlob vcard United Kingdom120 Constructive Critique Points
    16 Dec 2012 - 12:02 PM

Don't PC World have a web site?

geoffash26
    geoffash26  102506 forum posts United Kingdom
    16 Dec 2012 - 12:22 PM

Ian
    I won a g12 and took a credit note instead as we have a g11 and thought I'd wait for g15. I think canon have gone backwards on a few items on the 15 no tilt screen being the main one. I've tested the g12 and its a cracking camera but don't believe its worth the upgrade from the 11 but I'm very happy with the 11. If I didn't have the 11 I think I would take the 12 over the 15
    HTH

digicammad
    16 Dec 2012 - 12:48 PM

Cheers Geoff.

PCWorld do have a website but only list the G15 (at 549).

Amazon is my friend, should have it in time for Christmas too.

Thanks folks.

crookymonsta
    crookymonsta e2 Member 6684 forum postscrookymonsta vcard England10 Constructive Critique Points
    16 Dec 2012 - 1:33 PM

I chose the G12 over the G15 simply for the tilt screen and the many recommendations the camera received from other users.

AlanTW
    AlanTW  11342 forum posts
    16 Dec 2012 - 4:34 PM

I've a G11 and have used it extensively as a travel camera. To me the tilt screen is an absolute must as it allows you to some pretty close sneaky street photography without being noticed! For that reason alone I'd go for the G12 (the lower price also helps)

Alan

digicammad
    16 Dec 2012 - 4:41 PM

Cheers. G12 ordered

SlowSong
    SlowSong e2 Member 54169 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
    16 Dec 2012 - 5:04 PM

I know you've already ordered it but agree with all the above re the G12. It's quite a bit smaller than the G15 too.
    x

mwoods
    mwoods  9 United Kingdom
    16 Dec 2012 - 7:42 PM

I can only add that I'm an underwater and pool photographer for a well known UK holiday resort and the G12 gives incredibly good underwater results. I've been really impressed. Enjoy!

digicammad
    16 Dec 2012 - 8:15 PM

Thanks. I did spot the underwater housing but I would probably only get chance to use it every 10 years.

digicammad
    17 Dec 2012 - 12:00 PM

I had a bit of a result on this. When I ordered it yesterday I decided to pay for the 1 day delivery. The order confirmation told me that it would be delivered today, which I thought was strange with the order date being a Sunday.

Anyway, last night I got an email from Amazon apologising that the item had been delayed and they were therefore refunding all my postage. This morning I received another email, telling me the item had now been dispatched and should arrive tomorrow. Obviously their dispatch system hadn't realised they couldn't post it out on a Sunday.

Even better, when I had a look at my order to check the status I spotted that the camera has gone up by 60 since I placed my order! Quite by chance I had hit it at its lowest ever price.

Nice start to the week! Smile

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.