Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

G20 - good or bad for photographers?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    edsephiroth
    16 Apr 2009 - 10:50 AM

Curious to hear people's thoughts about what has happened with (now) three major stories about serious police misconduct (possibly even mansluaghter!) at the G20 protests.

My question is whether people feel this will make our relationship with the thick blue line easier or harder?

On the one hand I think the huge public awareness about these things has been good - the police are happy to use their own cameras to convict and identify demonstrators (and add them to their database of neer-do-wells) and the tables have turned (can't help wondering what didn't get caught on camera, eh?).

But on the other hand of course, it will make many police and security guards, both a frequent problem as it is, see anyone with a camera as a potential risk.

I should note of course that any police officer intending to do their duty to the letter shouldn't have to worry about it all of course...just the argument they've been using for introducing ID cards, haha

Last Modified By edsephiroth at 16 Apr 2009 - 10:51 AM
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    16 Apr 2009 - 10:50 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

AlanPerkins
    16 Apr 2009 - 11:02 AM

Quote: I should note of course that any police officer intending to do their duty to the letter shouldn't have to worry about it all of course...just the argument they've been using for introducing ID cards, haha

That's why they hid their ID'son the day.

GreyMoonRising
    16 Apr 2009 - 2:15 PM

In this case the Police can't win...try and use minimum force and risk the mob getting out of control and use maximum force and risk being called extremists.

Why do a minority of G20 protesters think it's fine to come to the U.K, riot in public streets and then think they can simply go home to their nice, safe, middle class homes in Europe where mummy and daddy provide for their every need.

If I was to wander into my town centre and try and hit a policeman or woman with a steel pole over the head as they went about their duties... would that be ok?

I'm far from being pro-police but think they showed great restraint throughout these protests as did the vast majority of the people who took part in the demos.

(not that it changed a single thing as usual)

Last Modified By GreyMoonRising at 16 Apr 2009 - 2:18 PM
    • «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.