Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

G3 Replacement

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    kodachrome
    6 Jun 2012 - 8:17 AM

Has any one seen any rumours of a Panny DMC G3 replacement, a G5 perhaps?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    6 Jun 2012 - 8:17 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Metalhead
    Metalhead  61866 forum posts England2 Constructive Critique Points
    6 Jun 2012 - 10:30 AM

There's several rumours on several websites that there are some announcements due through June to September. These are supposed to be the full announcement of the 35-100mm Panasonic X lens, the G5 and the GH3.

The G5 is favoured to come first, maybe later this month, then the lens and GH3 will probably/hopefully be announced in time for Photokina in September.

But, these are all just rumours, so who knows for sure? Interesting year for CSC cameras though.

mikehit
    mikehit  56293 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
    6 Jun 2012 - 2:20 PM

Oh, Gawd. Will I ever be comfortable buying a CSC and not worry about the 'latest and greatest' being round the corner??
    Just as the DSLR market stabilises the CSC takes its place.

Paul Morgan
    Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315153 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    6 Jun 2012 - 2:46 PM

They do knock them out pretty quick Smile

What I`ve found with the GF and G series is that with each new addition they loose a bit of functionality, ie the GF has lost its hot shoe and the G has lost a lot of its buttons and switches since the G2.

kodachrome
    6 Jun 2012 - 4:20 PM

I thought the DSLR's were replaced more often than the CSC's Sony being the most active.

It seems that each new Panny is relying more and more on touch screen rather than buttons.
    In a way they are dictating the road map rather than listening to photographers needs.

I quite like touch screen control [G3] but please not at the expense of direct path buttons.
    I need some adjustment while up at the eye because taking it down to rub the touch screen between shots is not my idea of easy to use.

Carabosse
    Carabosse e2 Member 1139395 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
    6 Jun 2012 - 4:27 PM

I have found an excellent facility offered by the touch screen on my current device.............

..................... the OFF switch! Grin

Paul Morgan
    Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315153 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    6 Jun 2012 - 6:21 PM

Quote: In a way they are dictating the road map rather than listening to photographers needs

There more interested in the mass consumer market so it makes sense.

Griff2012
    Griff2012 e2 Member 2329 forum postsGriff2012 vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    10 Jul 2012 - 4:55 PM

Hi, am currently using a G2 and love it! Deliberately chose this one over the G3 as I prefered the layout and the grip was reduced on the G3 (more likely to drop it being butter fingers Tongue)

It is a matter of personal preference and maybe I'm a bit stuck in the buttons era!

kodachrome
    10 Jul 2012 - 6:21 PM

The G3 should have had a G2 body and similar controls. It looks like the G5 [if thats its designation] looks to have a more 'grippy' looking body with a semi forward facing shutter release button.

kaybee
    kaybee  103793 forum posts Scotland24 Constructive Critique Points
    10 Jul 2012 - 6:23 PM

I am dreading my GF1 packing up...........
    60k+ and counting

Paul Morgan
    10 Jul 2012 - 6:42 PM

Quote: The G3 should have had a G2 body and similar controls

No it got stripped loosing controls.

mikehit
    mikehit  56293 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
    10 Jul 2012 - 7:25 PM

The GX1 is a move back to a 'serious' to full control options. It is slightly smaller and the EVF is optional but the camera itself if pretty impressive.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.