Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Gallery Suggestions

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

tj
tj ePHOTOzine Staff 111943 forum poststj vcard England
30 Jul 2014 - 12:08 PM

Hi everyone,

If the photo gallery could be everything you wanted, what would it be?
Are there elements on other site galleries that you would like to see on here?
Do you have any thoughts on the various awards associated with the gallery?

All suggestions/feedback welcome.

Thanks,
Tracey

Last Modified By tj at 31 Jul 2014 - 4:29 PM
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
30 Jul 2014 - 12:08 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

JJGEE
JJGEE  96309 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
30 Jul 2014 - 12:16 PM

Over the years there have been some comments now and then relating to the tag categories on the listing that appears by default.

So perhaps a review / refresh could be worth considering for new images from a specific date going forward.

Obviously the tags already applied would have to be retained !

GlennH
GlennH  91918 forum posts France1 Constructive Critique Points
30 Jul 2014 - 12:24 PM

Unclutter the "view large" image so it isn't surrounded by bright background, other thumbnails and text.

petebfrance
30 Jul 2014 - 2:45 PM

The biggest improvement for me would be increasing the speed. It could be my machine, my ISP or whatever, but as the VS mode is very quick then perhaps it is to do with indexes / how the data is accessed or what have you. I view the gallery in date order, newest first.....

There are some odd spellings kicking around in the tags that can make uploading an interesting experience, although I do like the flexibility it give as - per JJGEE's comment, a review may be a good idea

Last Modified By petebfrance at 30 Jul 2014 - 2:46 PM
petebfrance
30 Jul 2014 - 3:01 PM

---added explanation - the above is going through from one photo to the next rather than using the thumbnails.

tj
30 Jul 2014 - 3:01 PM

Thanks for your feedback so far.

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014816 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
30 Jul 2014 - 3:02 PM

use arrow keys to advance through the gallery.... that'd be slick

Quoise
Quoise e2 Member 1261 forum postsQuoise vcard United Kingdom
30 Jul 2014 - 3:37 PM

Are we allowed to mention other sites by name?

tj
30 Jul 2014 - 3:46 PM

Quote: Are we allowed to mention other sites by name?

I think that will be helpful if illustrating a point, so yes for the purpose of that (i.e. to highlight a comparison or suggestion of how other sites do something).

JJGEE
JJGEE  96309 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
30 Jul 2014 - 4:00 PM

Quote: I think that will be helpful if illustrating a point, so yes for the purpose of that (i.e. to highlight a comparison or suggestion of how other sites do something).

Presumably The Team from epz already look around other sites as well from time to time to check out what the competition is doing.
( They may even be members to check out how things work from a " users " perspective ! )

Quoise
Quoise e2 Member 1261 forum postsQuoise vcard United Kingdom
30 Jul 2014 - 4:01 PM

Thanks, just needed clarification Smile Although fotoblur isn't for everyone, I really like how they display the gallery, the thumbnails are much larger than on epz, because of this you can decide if you like the image enough to comment on it or not. I do feel that because the thumbnails on epz are much smaller that people by-pass images without looking properly and judge it before viewing a larger version. Not all of us have time to look through all of the images uploaded every day, but I do think if the thumbnails were larger then people would view more images and see more work from people other than those solely in their 'connections'. New members' work gets lost among the others in the gallery and if they are not in 'connections' there is less chance of their work being noticed, which is a shame. Also on fotoblur, their main page showcases all featured work with images neatly nestled next to one another, the top image is a large rectangle, the image under is a square, the one next to that a smaller rectangle etc and when a new image is featured it simply bumps them downwards. You're able to scroll down and view all the images in one place, this works for me, it looks clean cut and sophisticated.

petebfrance
30 Jul 2014 - 4:01 PM

It may be there already and I've not found it, but the ability to search by camera model and/or lens would be useful for people thinking of buying / hiring etc. (I'm sure it's been mentioned before...)

joshwa
joshwa ePHOTOzine Staff 4602 forum postsjoshwa vcard United Kingdom
30 Jul 2014 - 4:13 PM

Quote: It may be there already and I've not found it, but the ability to search by camera model and/or lens would be useful for people thinking of buying / hiring etc. (I'm sure it's been mentioned before...)

Hi, great idea Smile

You can do this in the various micro-sites, for example if you go to Nikon Nation ( http://www.ephotozine.com/iamnikon ), you can select the camera from the drop down list, under "Nikon Featured Photos"

Another way you can do this is by going to the review of the camera, as there is a "Photographs taken using the Nikon D810" section under "Explore more" at the bottom of reviews and articles about specific cameras, as you can see at the bottom of this: http://www.ephotozine.com/article/nikon-d810-dslr-sample-photos-25856

Cheers
Josh

Last Modified By joshwa at 30 Jul 2014 - 4:13 PM
petebfrance
30 Jul 2014 - 4:33 PM

Josh

thanks for the response. I didn't realise it was possible on the micro sites so will have a look.

regards
Pete

geffers7
geffers7 e2 Member 437 forum postsgeffers7 vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
30 Jul 2014 - 4:35 PM

I like that on some sites you can go super-large for some images - really makes them stand out.
Appreciate you have E2 memebership which increases standard size but still doesn't fill the screen.
Also agree with earlier point about a search facility for camera/lens type.
Geoff

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.