Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Garden Diary - What's Going On In Yours?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
NaturesHaven
NaturesHaven e2 Member 2246 forum postsNaturesHaven vcard England5 Constructive Critique Points
30 Oct 2011 - 9:37 PM

Cleaned the chicken coups out, new bedding put down for the girls, the muck put on the compost heap..........now even bigger heap.

The girls (chickens) have asked for a new hen house for Christmas..........so pen to paper to design and build them a new abode..........they are so demanding Grin

Plenty of birds today in the garden, the Starlings raiding the shed for the suet.......the doves fighting with the Wood Pigeons.............not a pretty sight......

The french marigolds are now finished.....the first frost last week killed em off...............marvellous flowers, they have been in bloom for many months, planted wall flowers, pansies, crocus and the tulips in tubs.

Had to put the pond fish on a diet...........the ruddy rudd are getting to big..........going to move them to a new pond before spring.........going to have a busy winter............of course I'll be the one digging whilst hublet directs the traffic WinkWink

I think that's all for now.............busy but enjoyable day............there's a funny smell around me..........O I know it's the chicken poo.......

TTFN GrinGrin

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
30 Oct 2011 - 9:37 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 53989 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
30 Oct 2011 - 10:13 PM

You're all so busy! All I've done today is mow the lawn, hopefully for the last time this year. It was quite tricky as the worms had churned up so much earth I've now got smears of goo all over the surface but they'll soon wear in. Saw one butterfly and about 30 starlings. What noisy birds they are.
Smile

brian1208
brian1208 e2 Member 109964 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
30 Oct 2011 - 11:13 PM

Quote: All I've done today is mow the lawn, hopefully for the last time this year

we got rid of that chore when I designed our gardens of our new-build house - 2 ton of shingle out the front and about 5 ton out the back (over permeable weed-stop membrane). All our plants grow through the shingle and in addition to not needing mowing it doesn't need much watering either! Grin

KarenFB
KarenFB Junior Gallery Team 74167 forum postsKarenFB vcard England160 Constructive Critique Points
31 Oct 2011 - 8:01 AM

The Long Tailed Tits are back! Smile I have three on one of the feeders as I type! Grin Oh, and a nuthatch, several blue, great and coat tits, a robin and I've turfed Percy (the pheasant) off the front door step...................again!

brian1208
brian1208 e2 Member 109964 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
31 Oct 2011 - 8:46 AM

Lucky you Karen, a nice range of birds to watch.
Invite Percy in for Dinner! Grin

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 53989 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
31 Oct 2011 - 9:05 AM

Quote: The Long Tailed Tits are back! Smile I have three on one of the feeders as I type! Grin

Ooooh, I am so envious. They're my favourite of all the tits. I've only ever had them in my garden once, and that was a very fleeting visit to a feeder. I never saw them again. Obviously my food was deemed substandard. Sad
Aw, poor Percy. Smile

cattyal
cattyal e2 Member 85793 forum postscattyal vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
31 Oct 2011 - 9:08 AM

I often get a fairly large flock of the Long Tailed Tits in the tree on the front of the house so I can watch them from my computer. Never any point in trying to grab any pics though Smile

As for feeding birds - I've pretty much given up with any hanging feeders as they ignore them. They like seed spread on the bird-table although of course the mice like what gets dropped too (and they like my house which can get a bit annoying)......

brian1208
31 Oct 2011 - 9:21 AM

We used to get them more frequently until a neighbour got a disease in his big Oak tree where they used to gather and had to have it taken down. Now they are a bit of a rarity Sad

StrayCat
StrayCat  1014200 forum posts Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
4 Nov 2011 - 8:31 PM

Snowed all morning, and a temperature of -7C. Here are the Hungarian Partridge;

img-2175.jpg

KarenFB
KarenFB Junior Gallery Team 74167 forum postsKarenFB vcard England160 Constructive Critique Points
4 Nov 2011 - 9:27 PM

What a gorgeous shot!

SlowSong
4 Nov 2011 - 9:51 PM

Beautiful shot StrayCat. Aren't they pretty!
Nothing much happening in my garden at the moment. We've just had a deluge and thunderstorm - just as I put the bird food down so all the fat pellets will go soggy and the seed'll go soft. Typical. Never mind, we needed some rain.

StrayCat
4 Nov 2011 - 10:45 PM

Did you notice the convenient medium grey breast feathers?Grin

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
Sus
Sus  93183 forum posts England9 Constructive Critique Points
5 Nov 2011 - 12:51 AM

So now I know what that weird red spider was that ran out at me when I was moving paving stones the other day - a woodlouse spider. I'm an arachnophobe, big time, but I can tolerate 'garden' ones and this one was very strange. I empathise a lot with your first post SlowSong. I've been putting out premium cat foot for the slugs who have been growing big n fat all summer (cat food outside so dog can't eat it, but then slugs get it, best fed slugs in the street! Poor cat can't win). But still hedgehogs are rare unfortunately.

SlowSong
5 Nov 2011 - 8:48 AM

Quote: Did you notice the convenient medium grey breast feathers?Grin

GrinGrinGrin Must get a partridge.

And as for that spider Sus, I can't go near the recycling bin now without watching my feet!!! Grin

Last Modified By SlowSong at 5 Nov 2011 - 8:49 AM
StrayCat
5 Nov 2011 - 10:00 PM

Black Squirrel this afternoon;

img-2213copy.jpg

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.