Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Garden Diary - What's Going On In Yours?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

monstersnowman
28 Jun 2012 - 12:39 AM

Well I have decided to listen to those who say let the garden 'express itself', so I have an excuse for not tending to a corner and let the greenery run wild. Have sown some country meadow flowers as well there. The other corner has our bikes in it and sadly this also has been expressing itself for some time and we can barely see the handlebars now :o(

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
28 Jun 2012 - 12:39 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

KarenFB
KarenFB Junior Gallery Team 84254 forum postsKarenFB vcard England162 Constructive Critique Points
28 Jun 2012 - 7:42 AM

epz-siskin.jpg

Is this a young Siskin?

Dreadful shot I know (dimpsy day, limits of camera, through double glazing!), definitely not going in the Gallery!! But I'm curious as to what it is. Smile

keithh
keithh  1022778 forum posts Wallis and Futuna29 Constructive Critique Points
28 Jun 2012 - 10:43 AM

Yep - you're right

KarenFB
KarenFB Junior Gallery Team 84254 forum postsKarenFB vcard England162 Constructive Critique Points
28 Jun 2012 - 10:44 AM

............Grin Thank you!

brian1208
brian1208 e2 Member 1110166 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
28 Jun 2012 - 10:54 AM

I love the description "Dimpsey Day" Karen, what is that in common parlance, grey and dreary?

macroman
macroman  1115312 forum posts England
28 Jun 2012 - 11:49 AM

white-rose-dsc04340.jpg

White Rose.

Paul (Monstersnowman)
Yes I agree with the 'let natue do it' method of gardening.

In the past 'The lesser Half' has spent god knows how much on bedding plants every year, (a complete waste of money in my opinion) despite me saying that perrenials/biennials are a better option as they usually self-seed so you only buy them once.
Anyway due to illness etc, the garden has basically been left to it's own devices for the last two years apart from an occasional tweaking, no bedding plants, and this year we have had a marvellous display of blooms.
I think that TLH has now been converted to the 'leave it alone technique' Smile

Lazy gardening is the way foward! Grin

Still have to mow the lawns though! Sad

Last Modified By macroman at 28 Jun 2012 - 11:51 AM
KarenFB
28 Jun 2012 - 12:16 PM

Quote: I love the description "Dimpsey Day" Karen, what is that in common parlance, grey and dreary?

Yes! (well, 'tis rown yer!) Wink

KarenFB
28 Jun 2012 - 3:48 PM

shocked-dark.jpg

I looked out of the kitchen window earlier and saw my car..............it is absolutely covered in yellow 'dust'. The weatherman informed me that some of us can expect a little Sahara dust! A little!!!!!!

adrian_w
adrian_w e2 Member 63279 forum postsadrian_w vcard Scotland4 Constructive Critique Points
28 Jun 2012 - 4:02 PM

what we call a "dreich" day.

The blue clematis also looking a little worse for wear now.
img-2367small.jpg

brian1208
brian1208 e2 Member 1110166 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
28 Jun 2012 - 4:10 PM

Quote: I looked out of the kitchen window earlier and saw my car..............it is absolutely covered in yellow 'dust'. The weatherman informed me that some of us can expect a little Sahara dust! A little!!!!!!

Same down here in Dorset, makes lovely patterns though Smile

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 54208 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
28 Jun 2012 - 4:46 PM

Yup, up in London too. Smile

adrian_w
adrian_w e2 Member 63279 forum postsadrian_w vcard Scotland4 Constructive Critique Points
29 Jun 2012 - 5:59 PM

the white one.
1-img-2371small.jpg

macroman
macroman  1115312 forum posts England
30 Jun 2012 - 3:57 PM

290612-dsc04342-.jpg

A Rose Bokeh? Wink

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This is a bit OT, but gardening related...

A couple o' years ago TLH bought some solar-powered gardenlights about (20 for 10), they worked OK. but I didn't think they would last long, and I was right. Most of them had stopped working, we were down to three which only worked for about an hour.

I was going to dump them, but decided to investigate why they had failed.

The problem was the cheapo 1.2v, 500ma Ni-Cads, which had corroded, so as an experiment I replaced a couple with some old 2000ma NimH cells (which were due for the tip, they're no longer any use for the compact as they don't hold a full charge);
Hey presto they worked, the lights are much brighter and light up for several hours, so I've recycled all my old NimH's, and now we have some nice bright lights at night.

Also it helps to polish the clear plastic 'lens' with Brasso, T'Cut or similar, as it tends to discolour and reduce light transmission to the cell.

Last Modified By macroman at 30 Jun 2012 - 4:35 PM
KarenFB
30 Jun 2012 - 4:01 PM

Good tips - the lens' on ours have clouded over, I shall definitely try Brasso! Smile

Gypsyman
Gypsyman e2 Member 3659 forum postsGypsyman vcard England
6 Jul 2012 - 8:58 PM

3-006.jpg

Tonights Visitor.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.