Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Garden Diary - What's Going On In Yours?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
brian1208
brian1208 e2 Member 109963 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
9 Nov 2011 - 9:37 AM

I'm envious, we get excited if we see a squirrel, the one on the left looks like a Unicorn! Grin

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
9 Nov 2011 - 9:37 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 53989 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
9 Nov 2011 - 1:28 PM

How lovely Ewan. And such a super view too. Once all the leaves have fallen from our tree all we can see is the back of the houses across the way.

BTW, I have a slug living somewhere in my kitchen. Anyone know a humane way of getting rid of it? It only ever comes out in the middle of the night and leaves a trail but I'd rather put it somewhere more suitable.

Ewanneil
Ewanneil  31118 forum posts Scotland2 Constructive Critique Points
9 Nov 2011 - 3:28 PM

I'm not much of a slug hunter so this advice probably isn't up to much but can you follow the trail it leaves? Thereafter, and if you are able to find it, you will have the delightful task of picking it up and depositing it somewhere more appropriate. Wear gloves - yuk!!!

Good luck.

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 53989 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
9 Nov 2011 - 3:58 PM

I know where it goes Ewen. Down a gap in the kitchen floor where some pipes go. I suppose I could plug up the hole but I'd rather put it out into the garden for the birds. I'm surprised my cat hasn't got hold of it yet - God forbid! Grin

NaturesHaven
NaturesHaven e2 Member 2246 forum postsNaturesHaven vcard England5 Constructive Critique Points
9 Nov 2011 - 7:25 PM

SadSad The weather has been awful here in Lincolnshire these past few days..........low grey cloud and drizzle, could not get out with the camera, so had to make do with taking pictures from inside with the stable door half open. Took some awful pictures WinkWink but I like to keep my eye in.

Took advantage of the awful weather to clean the bird feeders, I always have one clean feeder to exchange with a feeder that is in use.......I washed the bird tables down, changed the coconut shells I use for bird food, again one for one.

Also found time to weed the borders, tidy up the gutters which get full of leaves this time of year, sweep up the leaves.........never ending job that one GrinGrin

Watched a Sparrowhawk dive into the Yew looking for birds.............sadly for the Sparrowhawk the Yew was empty. We thought the Hawk looked injured, they are so fast it was hard to tell, later this afternoon it came back and it was not its usual swift self...........will keep an open for him, it could of damaged its wing a little after diving into the Yew.........I hope he will be OK as he is a regular visitor to the bird bath in our garden.

Lots of birds stocking up with food today, we also had two squirrels rushing around....managed to get a decent picture of one of them........

The weathermen say it will be a better day Thursday............let us hope so..........

Hope you all had a nice day despite the gloom.Tongue

StrayCat
StrayCat  1014200 forum posts Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
9 Nov 2011 - 7:54 PM

Our coyote was back in his usual spot yesterday, resting in the sun and all but hidden in the tall grass. I was on the phone giving the appliance store heck for sending out a new washer and dryer that's too big for the laundry closet. By the time I was able to get to the camera, change the lens, put it on the tripod, he was off hunting mice in the field and out of sight. Oh well, next time. My wife has been warning the people who let their dogs off leash out there.

Just Jas
Just Jas  1225716 forum posts England1 Constructive Critique Points
10 Nov 2011 - 11:29 AM

Grow some cactus in your garden, Denny.

When you hear him "Yowl" you'll know he is back! Smile

Ewanneil
Ewanneil  31118 forum posts Scotland2 Constructive Critique Points
10 Nov 2011 - 12:56 PM

I'll do it tomorrow.

leaves.jpg

Maybe it'll be windy soon and they'll all blow away. I know I shouldn't moan, but living in what amounts to a clearing in a Beech wood means the annual clear up can't be avoided.

SlowSong
10 Nov 2011 - 2:43 PM

What a lucky lot you are. Coyotes, deer etc..... But it is nice to see someone's got even more clearing up to do than me. Grin
I'm hoping to get out at the w/e to do the same as NaturesHaven's been doing, and luckily the weather forecast looks fine. Nothing deters the weeds though - I'm overgrown again.
Fingers crossed your sparrowhawk's OK NH.

StrayCat
10 Nov 2011 - 10:03 PM

img-2418copy.jpg

StrayCat
11 Nov 2011 - 8:46 PM

Taken a few minutes ago; Bluejay;

img-2478-1copy.jpg

tomcat
tomcat e2 Member 85742 forum poststomcat vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
11 Nov 2011 - 9:06 PM

cat poohGrinSmileTongueWink

dcash29
dcash29  81870 forum posts England
11 Nov 2011 - 9:48 PM

I had a visit in late summer

deer.jpg

SlowSong
12 Nov 2011 - 9:25 AM

Is that your garden dcash? Looks like a wonderful wildlife haven. Smile

dcash29
dcash29  81870 forum posts England
12 Nov 2011 - 2:28 PM

Its part of a church yard, although with only a 2ft dry stone wall between us it feels like our garden extension

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.