Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Garden Diary - What's Going On In Yours?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
cattyal
cattyal e2 Member 85796 forum postscattyal vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
13 Nov 2011 - 10:25 AM

I dreamt last night that I had a huge pond and there were 5 Dwarf Hippopotamus in there. Two guys were busy removing them and insisted they were Capybara and the frogs were jumping 6 feet into the trees above to get out of the way. In reality my pond is small and there's just frogs and newts in there Smile

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
13 Nov 2011 - 10:25 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

brian1208
brian1208 e2 Member 109967 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
13 Nov 2011 - 11:05 AM

now that would be worth photographing! Grin

cattyal
cattyal e2 Member 85796 forum postscattyal vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
13 Nov 2011 - 11:06 AM

I've still got a perfect picture in my mind of it Smile

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 53999 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
16 Nov 2011 - 4:31 PM

Phew, I'm so relieved. It's nearly dark but I've just seen two blackbirds on the lawn looking for food. I haven't seen them for at least a month and was wondering where they'd got to. It's lovely to see them back. Must put down some extra food for them tomorrow. Still lots of birds around in the garden, but all the weeds have been dug up and the leaves are finally falling off the trees. I don't like these early dark nights though but it's turned quite a bit colder today so perhaps we'll finally get some winter and everything can get back to normal. I do feel sorry for all the wildlife when the weather goes out of kilter like this.

StrayCat
StrayCat  1014210 forum posts Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
16 Nov 2011 - 9:13 PM

We had a jackrabbit in the garden yesterday, they eat the birdseed also, and it was almost all white already. It looked like somebody with hair dyed blond and the roots showing their natural colour.Grin Sold and shipped my telephoto lens on the weekend and I'm waiting impatiently for the Canon 70-200mm f4L; I have a brush and a can of black paint ready and waiting.Wink

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 53999 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
17 Nov 2011 - 4:22 PM

Well here I am in deepest, darkest east London and I've just had a huge flock of seagulls fly over the garden squawking, followed immediately by about a dozen geese going in the opposite direction cackling away, and earlier in the day a couple of green parakeets were hanging around. Talk about confusing.
It's been a lovely day today and all the bird feeders have been cleaned or replaced. My hands reek of bleach and the smell'll hang around for a few days now. At least they've had a good disinfect too. Smile

KarenFB
KarenFB Junior Gallery Team 84169 forum postsKarenFB vcard England160 Constructive Critique Points
17 Nov 2011 - 5:07 PM

We've had a lovely sunny afternoon - I was surprised to see a Red Admiral flutter past the window (they are determined not to hibernate this year!).

I've also got several families of Long Tailed Tits (my favourites) visiting my peanut feeders. The only problem is they visit first thing in the morning and last thing in the afternoon (too dark to take photos!). :l

KarenFB
KarenFB Junior Gallery Team 84169 forum postsKarenFB vcard England160 Constructive Critique Points
20 Nov 2011 - 9:58 AM

I found this one crawling on the outside of the kitchen window this morning:-

img-0167.jpg

I moved it to a kafir lily hoping it would slow down a little! The light was awful, so it's only a record shot - I know it's a weevil, but it's Red! Anyone know which one it is?

KarenFB
20 Nov 2011 - 10:09 AM

Okay, forget I asked!!

'Google' has presented me with this if you are interested. It's an Apion frumentarium !

Last Modified By KarenFB at 20 Nov 2011 - 10:10 AM
cattyal
20 Nov 2011 - 10:13 AM

Quite a good looking chap/chapess though Smile

I've not a clue what's going on in my garden - I've not been out there this weekend yet. Maybe I'll take a look shortly!

cattyal
20 Nov 2011 - 10:34 AM

I'm now clearing up old pots and planting some bulbs I got on the cheap the other day. Buried in one of the pots was a hen's egg Smile

SlowSong
20 Nov 2011 - 10:57 AM

What a sweet photo Karen. I don't know why, but these little weevils are so cute.
CarolG takes some lovely pictures of weevils in her part of the world and we call them Clangers. Smile

My garden birds are getting so flamin' fussy - (like my cat(s)). Lovely new feeders and nice clean other feeders!!! Well, you'd think they'd been laced with poison the way the birds've abandoned them. Still, I expect when they're starving they'll deign to come down again. Ingrates!!! Grin

Very misty this morning. I was going to start clearing all the leaves off of the lawn but I might let some more drop off and do it one nice sunny day instead.

SlowSong
20 Nov 2011 - 11:29 AM

My cat Poppy sniffing out the mice who live in the scruffy corner of my garden left for such creatures and insects.

dscf0280-resized.jpg

Ewanneil
Ewanneil  31118 forum posts Scotland2 Constructive Critique Points
20 Nov 2011 - 3:13 PM

It's only November and it's Scotland but I've just noticed the first signs of spring bulbs appearing in my garden. I can't remember them ever being this early before. I hope all this climate change stuff doesn't mean I'll be cutting the grass all year round.

bulbs.jpg

KarenFB
20 Nov 2011 - 8:01 PM

I think I'd be tempted to throw some leaves over those shoots - I saw the 5 day weather forecast earlier, it says that Scotland is in for heavy snow by the end of next week!

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.