Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Garden Diary - What's Going On In Yours?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

cattyal
cattyal e2 Member 96002 forum postscattyal vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
25 Aug 2013 - 10:13 AM

I was a bit annoyed that I wasn't fast enough to hit print screen when the kitten was getting a closer look - maybe I'll do better next time Smile

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
25 Aug 2013 - 10:13 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 54236 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
25 Aug 2013 - 10:15 AM

Cute pic Alison. And what a smart feeding station Ade. Smile

Ade_Osman
Ade_Osman e2 Member 114484 forum postsAde_Osman vcard England36 Constructive Critique Points
25 Aug 2013 - 11:05 AM

Just processing/editing last nights footage, give me a little while and I'll post a highlights video including a visit from the Fox onto YouTube for all to see Smile

Ade_Osman
Ade_Osman e2 Member 114484 forum postsAde_Osman vcard England36 Constructive Critique Points
25 Aug 2013 - 12:56 PM

Some highlights captured from the whole of last night. I captured some 4.5 hours of footage from the whole period of darkness where there was something going on with this video being just a very small example of what can be seen if you're prepared to stay up all night Tongue I have the luxury of being able to record anything that happens and viewing/editing it in the morning, but there seems to be at least a few insomniacs that stay online all night watching, that's dedication! Wink
At the moment there seems to be a flurry of activity just after darkness falls, then it seems to go quiet for a while with everything coming in and munching like mad after about 2am until dawn. If you're not aware of the website it can be found by visiting http://osman123.camstreams.com/ The live stream normally starts at around dusk Smile

Last Modified By Ade_Osman at 25 Aug 2013 - 1:10 PM
SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 54236 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
25 Aug 2013 - 7:18 PM

Good to see it on YT, Ade. Smile I can't get your other photostream.

Ade_Osman
25 Aug 2013 - 8:14 PM

Well it's just gone live for the night, if you can't access it for any reason it's probably down to your browser?.......Try using MS Internet Explorer 9 or 10, this seems to work for most folk.

Last Modified By Ade_Osman at 25 Aug 2013 - 8:16 PM
SlowSong
25 Aug 2013 - 10:13 PM

Having lots of problems with pigeons now. I started feeding the garden birds years ago and for a while it was all lovely. All the "proper" wild garden birds visited and their numbers grew. Unfortunately, the pigeons caught on and now I have a flock of about 30 who live on the roof and are around most of the day looking for food. If they don't get any, they eat my flowers. All the heads are bitten off.

And now the new neighbours are making huffy noises about them, and I can't say I blame them as they've started to sit on their roof during the day too. If I stop feeding the nice birds I wonder what'll happen to them. They're regulars, and the sparrows and tits have done really well over the years, let alone the starlings. I just don't know what to do. Sometimes I wish I hadn't started the feeding in the first place as it's so hard to stop. Will they all starve or die off if I don't feed them? Sad

KarenFB
KarenFB Junior Gallery Team 84257 forum postsKarenFB vcard England162 Constructive Critique Points
26 Aug 2013 - 7:49 AM

Quote: Will they all starve or die off if I don't feed them?

No.

I haven't been feeding my birds all summer. I was afraid the babies would try and cuddle up to the cats, so wanted them a little 'world-wise' before they visited. I shall start feeding again around first frost time. At the moment my garden is empty of birds, but I know within a week of feeding it will be all a-flutter again.

I don't know if it would work, but have you thought about getting/making a model hawk on the wing (I have heard just a cardboard one would work), the shadow scares them off! (I've just 'googled' it and there are several suggestions there!). Smile

SlowSong
26 Aug 2013 - 8:01 AM

Hi Karen. Thanks for the suggestions of a model hawk, but the chap next door had two of them hanging very close to my fence and they didn't have any effect at all I'm afraid. Even the real sparrowhawk doesn't come down very often, although with all the dinner around you'd think it'd make a nest in my cherry tree! Grin

I think by now the youngsters are old enough to find food themselves, if they know how. I'm afraid I might have done them a disservice by putting food out all the time so they'll not learn how to fend for themselves, but I might give it a go until hopefully the pigeons go elsewhere. I've kept feeding all summer as the juveniles and chicks just kept appearing, but perhaps I'll just lay off for a while. Typical, just when I've taken delivery of some more feed. Sad

Oh, and saw my first garden (or cross) spiders on the hydrangea yesterday. Autumn's on the way.

Last Modified By SlowSong at 26 Aug 2013 - 8:05 AM
KarenFB
KarenFB Junior Gallery Team 84257 forum postsKarenFB vcard England162 Constructive Critique Points
26 Aug 2013 - 8:12 AM

Quote: Autumn's on the way.

I know................where does time go - they say it's a sign of old age when time passes quickly!!

SlowSong
26 Aug 2013 - 9:01 AM

Thanks Karen. Grin

Ade_Osman
1 Sep 2013 - 10:53 AM

Share and share alike.....

Last nights going on's from the patio in the garden Tongue

JJGEE
JJGEE  96233 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
6 Sep 2013 - 9:37 AM

It is raining Smile

Which means that the grass will change colour to be more green !

cattyal
cattyal e2 Member 96002 forum postscattyal vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
6 Sep 2013 - 10:00 AM

It's raining here too which means the small hole in my garage roof felt needs to be fixed asap! I might creep to my neighbour this weekend and see if he'll do it - he's not working at the moment Smile

SlowSong
6 Sep 2013 - 10:14 AM

It's raining here too. A spa day for my pigeons. They're all over the lawn preening and getting the rain under their wings. Luv 'em. Little b*ggrs.

img-7583-resized.jpg

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.