Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Garden Diary - What's Going On In Yours?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

KarenFB
KarenFB Junior Gallery Team 84270 forum postsKarenFB vcard England162 Constructive Critique Points
27 Oct 2013 - 7:23 AM

Anyone else eyeing up the Nasty Storm coming into the UK tonight?

(I shall be glad when it's tomorrow lunch time and it's all over!)

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
27 Oct 2013 - 7:23 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

brian1208
brian1208 e2 Member 1110227 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
27 Oct 2013 - 7:58 AM

Its looking a bit interesting isn't it. Part of me is going "Oh Gawd" and checking everything in the garden is cut back to reduce windage ( we lost our Wisteria arch in the last big storm) and anchored and the photographer in me is going - must get down to the coast as soon as the worst is over, big waves, = magic photo ops Grin

Last Modified By brian1208 at 27 Oct 2013 - 8:00 AM
SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 64340 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
27 Oct 2013 - 2:53 PM

Well, the lost pigeon's still around but it seems to be happily joining in feeding with the crowd of feral pigeons and it's not injured or being bullied or anything. I've put plenty of seed out and there are three bowls of water around so it'll have food and drink. There's no way I can catch it so hopefully when the wind's died down it'll go on its way. It's pretty thing.

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315152 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
28 Oct 2013 - 7:34 PM

Coax it in, whack it on the head with a pan, and bake a pie Smile

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 64340 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
28 Oct 2013 - 8:24 PM

Easier said than done. Tongue

StrayCat
StrayCat e2 Member 1014626 forum postsStrayCat vcard Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
28 Oct 2013 - 9:51 PM

hungarian-partridge-280025.jpg Taken a few minutes ago. Hungarian Partridge. There were 3 more not in the frame.

SlowSong
1 Dec 2013 - 1:28 PM

Well, yesterday and today we let our rehomed cat out into the garden for the first time. Very worrying! I think she's a bit of a jumper as she was eyeing up all the fences and trees with great interest. I've read up on how to not feed a cat before it goes out and to leave the door open so it has somewhere to run to if it gets scared, but I get the impression that she'll be off around the neighbourhood in no time. I don't think my nerves can stand it. Sad

Ade_Osman
Ade_Osman e2 Member 114491 forum postsAde_Osman vcard England36 Constructive Critique Points
2 Dec 2013 - 9:25 AM

Rescued a 400g juvenile hedgehog last night that would never had made it through the hibernation period without our intervention. He's now gone off to a very good local carer who will fatten him up and de-worm ready for release in the spring. Have some hedgehogs still showing occasionally to the food we put out and who are currently over-wintering in their hibernation boxes in the garden, but all the cameras that kept an eye on them have now been packed away ready for moving, along with the websites having been closed down. Fortunately the new buyers of our current house are wildlife lovers and really interested and have said they're more than prepared to take them all on when the house moves finally completes, so hopefully that will go well.

According to the owners of our new house in Devon, they regularly see hedgehogs within the garden there along with a host of other wildlife, well it is on the edge of Dartmoor and has a river running through the back garden so I'm hoping to carry on caring for the little critters once we get down there........Who knows there may even be otters there, it certainly has the potential and looks like it could be a possibility hence the reason all the infra red cameras are now packed up Grin Unfortunately because the solicitors seem to be dragging their heels somewhat especially our buyers, it doesn't look like the move will now take place until after Xmas Sad But once we move I place some photos up and you'll be able to see for yourselves just how idyllic it all is Grin

brian1208
brian1208 e2 Member 1110227 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
2 Dec 2013 - 2:13 PM

As its been cold I thought it would be safe to start pruning our variegated Osmanthus which I am trying to keep under control / semi-bonsai in our front garden (I'm allergic to the resin that these types of tree and conifers exude so can't do it in the warm weather).

I lasted less than 15 minutes and am now sat here wheezing like a set of bellows - bugger (but thank goodness for antihistamines )

Oh well, at least my wife enjoys gardening, I'll have to have another go when the heavy frosts arrive, shame though as I wanted to get it done before the blooms come out (they are just beginning to show at the moment)

SlowSong
6 Dec 2013 - 8:59 PM

Bad for some, but the high winds certainly cleared the rest of the leaves from the sycamore and cherry trees.

SlowSong
16 Dec 2013 - 1:10 PM

It's been so mild this year that my garden seems to be coming to life again. In amongst the fallen leaves and autumnal leaves that are still clinging on for dear life, new flowers are coming out. Mad. The poor birds and animals must be wondering what's happening.

img-1716-resized.jpg

img-1718-resized.jpg

img-1717-resized.jpg

brian1208
16 Dec 2013 - 3:18 PM

Our yellow winter jasmine is in full bloom right now and hiding under all the leaves are several spring flowers trying to grow

JJGEE
JJGEE  96276 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
21 Dec 2013 - 8:32 AM

Not a lot happening at all.

It is gloomy, wet & windy and the birds do not appear to be interested in the nuts I have put out in the feeder Sad
Perhaps they would prefer some mince pies !

However, I have cleared a space on the lawn so that a special visitor can stop off in a few nights time Wink

JJGEE
JJGEE  96276 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
23 Dec 2013 - 4:26 PM

Quote: Not a lot happening at all.

Two days later and things have changed Sad

Managed to survive those strong winds back around end October time but not so sure will escape tonight / tomorrow Sad

SlowSong
28 Dec 2013 - 11:32 AM

Well, it's a bright but cold day today and I thought I'd fork over the garden to let some air in, at the same time letting our rehomed cat Gracie out to wander about unsupervised. We've had her for about 2 months and she's been out quite a few times well within the garden limits and supervised by ourselves, but she's got to go out alone sometime.

Bottle it. I'm scared she won't be able to get back home and get lost or stuck somewhere. Perhaps when it's warmer. Sad

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.