Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Gary Fong Whale Tail

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Gary_Macleod
    26 Dec 2012 - 7:18 PM

Hi Everyone, just wondering if anybody has any experience of using the Gary Fong Whale Tail and if so is it worth the money?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    26 Dec 2012 - 7:18 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

scottishphototours

I use the Lightsphere at indoors events every weekend and it's a great bit of kit. Lovely diffused effect.

The Whale Tail looks a bit ungainly for my liking, but the website results certainly look good.

Worth the money? - only you can decide that. If you use it every week for dozens of shots then it's a great buy, but used once a month it's not so much of a bargain!

redsnappa
    redsnappa  111879 forum posts United Kingdom
    26 Dec 2012 - 8:47 PM

for what it is, just a couple of bits of cheap plastic the price is outrageous. I bought a Chinese copy of a lightsphere from ebay and it fits and works just the same as the Gary Fong.

Gary_Macleod
    26 Dec 2012 - 9:32 PM

thanks both. was speaking to a pro who was using one recently and he said it was one of the best buys he ever made and it was never off his flash and i'm hoping to do a lot more with the flash in future, appreciate your time and feedback

bppowell
    bppowell  122119 forum posts England2 Constructive Critique Points
    26 Dec 2012 - 9:40 PM

I bought the Whale Tail because I had good results using the Lightsphere and thought it worth a try.

Have now reverted back to the Lightsphere after not been impressed with the Whale Tail. I did get more than half my money back by selling it on ebay.

MrGoatsmilk
    26 Dec 2012 - 10:08 PM

I got the 7dayshop version of the light sphere, 10th of the price of the overpriced fong version

Spencer1966
    26 Dec 2012 - 10:47 PM

Do yourself a favour and keep your money in the bank. Complete waiste of money. I use bounce flash with BFT. Google Neil van kielerk and the black foamy thing.

Tandberg
    Tandberg  101218 forum posts England2 Constructive Critique Points
    27 Dec 2012 - 5:42 PM

Had the lightsphere for ages,but wouldnt pay 90+ for this.Not a chance

Gary_Macleod
    27 Dec 2012 - 5:52 PM

thanks a lot everybody. looks like i'll be saving my money and looking towards the other options mentioned.

really appreciate everyones feedback

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.