Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

GE (General Electric?) Bridge camera in Asda 69

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    alex_noel
    alex_noel  1 United Kingdom
    27 Aug 2012 - 7:08 PM

http://direct.asda.com/GE-W1500-Bridge-Camera---14.1MP---Black/000635084,default...

Is this any good? Good price!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    27 Aug 2012 - 7:08 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

widtink
    widtink  2406 forum posts Scotland2 Constructive Critique Points
    27 Aug 2012 - 8:55 PM

you get what you pay for ie it will be sh1t Wink

chavender
    chavender e2 Member 3209 forum postschavender vcard France1 Constructive Critique Points
    27 Aug 2012 - 10:16 PM

Quote: you get what you pay for ie it will be sh1t

+1

scottishphototours

+2...

sherlob
    sherlob e2 Member 82271 forum postssherlob vcard United Kingdom123 Constructive Critique Points
    27 Aug 2012 - 10:59 PM

Many of the user reviews on the site are good - but mainly because of the camera's price. The only 2 comments that relate to features are less positive. The more comprehensive of them says the following

Quote: Where do I begin.
    When I inserted 4 rechargeable batteries which had been fully charged, the camera displayed 'exhausted batteries' and promptly shut down.
    After fiddling with the batteries, the camera eventually realised that it had power and switched on. However after only taking 5 or more shots with the flash the battery indicator was stating that it was 1/2 empty. Now, either this was a false reading or the camera is energy hungry. Not good.
    Focusing is extremely slow and when it does focus the image freezes on the display. I have a Canon powershot 5S and the difference between them is like night and day.
    The image quality is satisfactory but will not win any prizes.
    The movie function struggles to focus inside the house. The playback of the movie is haphazard and the video often freezes whilst the audio continues to play.
    Overall do NOT waste your money on this camera. I would not even buy it for 5. Save up and buy a brand that actually makes cameras for a living.
    As for GE, they should go back to what they do best and stick to making electrical kitchen appliances and lending money.

If your looking for a new camera - put your money to one side and invest in a good used model with a well proven track record. I'm afraid here you'll just be throwing your money away.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.