Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

GE (General Electric?) Bridge camera in Asda 69

27 Aug 2012 7:08PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

widtink e2
2 406 2 Scotland
27 Aug 2012 8:55PM
you get what you pay for ie it will be sh1t Wink
chavender e2
4 226 1 France
27 Aug 2012 10:16PM

Quote:you get what you pay for ie it will be sh1t

+1
27 Aug 2012 10:28PM
+2...
sherlob e2
8 2.4k 126 United Kingdom
27 Aug 2012 10:59PM
Many of the user reviews on the site are good - but mainly because of the camera's price. The only 2 comments that relate to features are less positive. The more comprehensive of them says the following

Quote:Where do I begin.
When I inserted 4 rechargeable batteries which had been fully charged, the camera displayed 'exhausted batteries' and promptly shut down.
After fiddling with the batteries, the camera eventually realised that it had power and switched on. However after only taking 5 or more shots with the flash the battery indicator was stating that it was 1/2 empty. Now, either this was a false reading or the camera is energy hungry. Not good.
Focusing is extremely slow and when it does focus the image freezes on the display. I have a Canon powershot 5S and the difference between them is like night and day.
The image quality is satisfactory but will not win any prizes.
The movie function struggles to focus inside the house. The playback of the movie is haphazard and the video often freezes whilst the audio continues to play.
Overall do NOT waste your money on this camera. I would not even buy it for 5. Save up and buy a brand that actually makes cameras for a living.
As for GE, they should go back to what they do best and stick to making electrical kitchen appliances and lending money.

If your looking for a new camera - put your money to one side and invest in a good used model with a well proven track record. I'm afraid here you'll just be throwing your money away.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.