Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

GE Awards: Re-introduction and a couple of changes.

tj e2
11 2.0k England
25 Feb 2014 1:31PM
Hi everyone

After lots of discussion and input from you all, we are re-introducing the GE Awards.
The consensus was not to change it very much, so we're not.

The main change is (instead of Pete) our very own Keith and Adrian will be organising and overseeing the process. Thanks guys!

One major change (which we hope you'll all be happy with) is the awarded pictures will also be considered for POTW by the team each week.

David & Rick expect the admin feature to facilitate the new process will be ready mid-March, so no doubt Keith and Adrian will be in touch with those of you who have so far kindly volunteered to be Guest Judges.
If you wish to add your name to the list, please do so here.

We hope you will welcome the re-introduction and slight change to the process.
Its success will depend on you Smile

Thanks
Tracey

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

JJGEE 9 6.4k 18 England
25 Feb 2014 2:43PM

Quote:is the awarded pictures will also be considered for POTW by the team each week.

Surely they were in the old system as the images were in the normal gallery as per normal and therefore available for consideration as POTW.
tj e2
11 2.0k England
25 Feb 2014 2:54PM

Quote:is the awarded pictures will also be considered for POTW by the team each week.
Surely they were in the old system as the images were in the normal gallery as per normal and therefore available for consideration as POTW.

We totally agree with you.
However, it is to appease the suggestion that perhaps some 'technically brilliant' pictures are being missed. This way, in the unlikely event something goes overlooked, it will be highlighted.
scartlane 4 68 United Kingdom
25 Feb 2014 3:53PM
so just so i get it straight in my head, anything uploaded that week, and anything awarded that week is considered in the POTW?
tj e2
11 2.0k England
25 Feb 2014 3:56PM

Quote:So just so i get it straight in my head, anything uploaded that week, and anything awarded that week is considered in the POTW?

Anything being given an HC, EC or GE will be eligible for POTW.
keithh e2
11 23.4k 33 Wallis And Futuna
25 Feb 2014 4:16PM
All those taking part as Guest Editors will be required to repeat the GE Promise :

"On my honour, I promise to do my best, to do my duty to TJ and the team.
To ignore the opinions of other people and to keep the EPZ Law."

Wink

I think that being in the running for POTW might just help to hone the eye of the Guest Editor, making their selections more acute. What we want is for visitors to click on the Photo Awards menu and go Wow, or maybe just murmur with jealous appreciation - either way it has to showcase the very best photography that the site attracts.
tomcat e2
9 6.2k 15 United Kingdom
25 Feb 2014 7:56PM
After all the hoo-ha, quite surprised by the lack of comments to this threadSmile

Good on the two lads to take on the dutiesWink

Let's hope everything is a rip roaring success - I'm sure it will be
derekhansen e2
6 200 24 United Kingdom
25 Feb 2014 7:56PM
Excellent news. Well done to the EPZ team for listening to the membership.
tj e2
11 2.0k England
25 Feb 2014 9:26PM
Cheers guys Smile
bricurtis e2
9 1.9k 48 England
25 Feb 2014 9:33PM

Quote:After all the hoo-ha, quite surprised by the lack of comments to this thread

I'm surprised your surprised Adrian, as only a very small minority of site members took any interest initially.

Many don't step into the forums for fear of the wrath of the roaming Neanderthals.Grin
bricurtis e2
9 1.9k 48 England
25 Feb 2014 9:34PM

Quote:Cheers guys Smile

Good job done tj.Smile
tj e2
11 2.0k England
25 Feb 2014 9:36PM

Quote:Cheers guys Smile
Good job done tj.Smile

Thanks Brian - appreciated Smile
AnnChown e2
5 192 1 United Kingdom
26 Feb 2014 4:59PM
Brilliant - and I do like the inclusion of the GEAs for the POTW - as keithh says, it might focus the mind. Thanks for staying with this idea too tj!
tj e2
11 2.0k England
26 Feb 2014 5:05PM
Thanks Ann Smile
Chant57 e2
8 391 3 United Kingdom
27 Feb 2014 9:41AM
I think the fact GEA images will now be considered for POTW is a fabulous step forward. As already said - it hopefully will instill into the GE that for an image to receive the award it has to be an image that would also deserve the title of POTW if awarded. Thanks to the team for making the necessary changes to move the GEA system forward in a positive manner.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.