Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

GE Awards: Re-introduction and a couple of changes.

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

tj
tj ePHOTOzine Staff 111945 forum poststj vcard England
25 Feb 2014 - 1:31 PM

Hi everyone

After lots of discussion and input from you all, we are re-introducing the GE Awards.
The consensus was not to change it very much, so we're not.

The main change is (instead of Pete) our very own Keith and Adrian will be organising and overseeing the process. Thanks guys!

One major change (which we hope you'll all be happy with) is the awarded pictures will also be considered for POTW by the team each week.

David & Rick expect the admin feature to facilitate the new process will be ready mid-March, so no doubt Keith and Adrian will be in touch with those of you who have so far kindly volunteered to be Guest Judges.
If you wish to add your name to the list, please do so here.

We hope you will welcome the re-introduction and slight change to the process.
Its success will depend on you Smile

Thanks
Tracey

Last Modified By tj at 25 Feb 2014 - 1:32 PM Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
25 Feb 2014 - 1:31 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

JJGEE
JJGEE  96319 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
25 Feb 2014 - 2:43 PM

Quote: is the awarded pictures will also be considered for POTW by the team each week.

Surely they were in the old system as the images were in the normal gallery as per normal and therefore available for consideration as POTW.

tj
25 Feb 2014 - 2:54 PM

Quote: is the awarded pictures will also be considered for POTW by the team each week.
Surely they were in the old system as the images were in the normal gallery as per normal and therefore available for consideration as POTW.

We totally agree with you.
However, it is to appease the suggestion that perhaps some 'technically brilliant' pictures are being missed. This way, in the unlikely event something goes overlooked, it will be highlighted.

scartlane
scartlane  368 forum posts United Kingdom
25 Feb 2014 - 3:53 PM

so just so i get it straight in my head, anything uploaded that week, and anything awarded that week is considered in the POTW?

tj
25 Feb 2014 - 3:56 PM

Quote: So just so i get it straight in my head, anything uploaded that week, and anything awarded that week is considered in the POTW?

Anything being given an HC, EC or GE will be eligible for POTW.

keithh
keithh e2 Member 1023102 forum postskeithh vcard Wallis and Futuna33 Constructive Critique Points
25 Feb 2014 - 4:16 PM

All those taking part as Guest Editors will be required to repeat the GE Promise :

"On my honour, I promise to do my best, to do my duty to TJ and the team.
To ignore the opinions of other people and to keep the EPZ Law."

Wink

I think that being in the running for POTW might just help to hone the eye of the Guest Editor, making their selections more acute. What we want is for visitors to click on the Photo Awards menu and go Wow, or maybe just murmur with jealous appreciation - either way it has to showcase the very best photography that the site attracts.

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
tomcat
tomcat e2 Member 95919 forum poststomcat vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
25 Feb 2014 - 7:56 PM

After all the hoo-ha, quite surprised by the lack of comments to this threadSmile

Good on the two lads to take on the dutiesWink

Let's hope everything is a rip roaring success - I'm sure it will be

derekhansen
derekhansen e2 Member 5185 forum postsderekhansen vcard United Kingdom24 Constructive Critique Points
25 Feb 2014 - 7:56 PM

Excellent news. Well done to the EPZ team for listening to the membership.

tj
25 Feb 2014 - 9:26 PM

Cheers guys Smile

bricurtis
bricurtis e2 Member 91904 forum postsbricurtis vcard England48 Constructive Critique Points
25 Feb 2014 - 9:33 PM

Quote: After all the hoo-ha, quite surprised by the lack of comments to this thread

I'm surprised your surprised Adrian, as only a very small minority of site members took any interest initially.

Many don't step into the forums for fear of the wrath of the roaming Neanderthals.Grin

bricurtis
bricurtis e2 Member 91904 forum postsbricurtis vcard England48 Constructive Critique Points
25 Feb 2014 - 9:34 PM

Quote: Cheers guys Smile

Good job done tj.Smile

tj
25 Feb 2014 - 9:36 PM

Quote: Cheers guys Smile
Good job done tj.Smile

Thanks Brian - appreciated Smile

AnnChown
AnnChown e2 Member 4183 forum postsAnnChown vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
26 Feb 2014 - 4:59 PM

Brilliant - and I do like the inclusion of the GEAs for the POTW - as keithh says, it might focus the mind. Thanks for staying with this idea too tj!

Last Modified By AnnChown at 26 Feb 2014 - 5:00 PM
tj
26 Feb 2014 - 5:05 PM

Thanks Ann Smile

Chant57
Chant57 e2 Member 8374 forum postsChant57 vcard United Kingdom3 Constructive Critique Points
27 Feb 2014 - 9:41 AM

I think the fact GEA images will now be considered for POTW is a fabulous step forward. As already said - it hopefully will instill into the GE that for an image to receive the award it has to be an image that would also deserve the title of POTW if awarded. Thanks to the team for making the necessary changes to move the GEA system forward in a positive manner.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.