Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

GE Awards

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Attention!

This topic is locked.
Reason: Specific Volunteer Thread Opened.
Dowie
Dowie  1 United Kingdom4 Constructive Critique Points
16 Feb 2014 - 9:19 AM

I like the idea of seven a week, often in want to give awards to images and I'm told I can't due to the time limit on the awards, which I find to restrictive.

I've rejoined after several years and find any limit on who can and can't give awards ridiculous. Many people who join are much more qualified to assess an image than others.

Guest Editor Awards fill the gap between a user award and a more qualified photographer giving an awArd, which hopefully the Guest Editor would be chosen for.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
16 Feb 2014 - 9:19 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 64345 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
16 Feb 2014 - 9:51 AM

You can give 7 UAs per week, one a day, but if you're GE you can give as many as you like within that week, any number per day.

As I've said before, as far as UAs are concerned I'd like the option to give my 7 awards out at any time during that week, say Sunday to Sunday, but leave the GEAs as they were, whatever and as many as the GE wishes.

I don't think you can discriminate between who you think is a "good or more qualified" photographer and as the GE is voluntary and encompassing it should include beginners as well as pros. Everyone has an opinion. The only thing I would say is to only let members who have been on the site for 3 months or more and have actually uploaded a fair number of images to the gallery be allowed to contribute.

fazzer
fazzer e2 Member 533 forum postsfazzer vcard United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
16 Feb 2014 - 10:09 AM

I can't believe it's taking so long to get the GE award system back up and running !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's the GE who gives two to three hours of their time every day and one of the reasons it was stopped was because it involved too much staff input ?????
Do something quickly please otherwise there will be more togs voting with their feet

saltireblue
saltireblue Site Moderator 43820 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway23 Constructive Critique Points
16 Feb 2014 - 10:21 AM

Quote: one of the reasons it was stopped was because it involved too much staff input ?????

It wasn't stopped because it was taking up too much staff time - it was run by Pete who was semi-retired for the past year.
What the team want is to find a way to make it easier to manage, less time consuming to run since they have to plan it into everything else involved in running the site. As long as Pete was organising it, it wasn't a problem.

keithh
keithh e2 Member 1022898 forum postskeithh vcard Wallis and Futuna31 Constructive Critique Points
16 Feb 2014 - 10:24 AM

If this is rushed into and does not work smoothly, then that's when people will vote with their feet. It's not worth doing that when all you have to do is be patient while already busy people put things in place.

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
saltireblue
saltireblue Site Moderator 43820 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway23 Constructive Critique Points
16 Feb 2014 - 10:30 AM

Well said, Keith.

ValSaxby
ValSaxby e2 Member 8132 forum postsValSaxby vcard United Kingdom
16 Feb 2014 - 10:51 PM

Would like to see it reinstated - as it was, for me it worked fine as it was.

Again would be happy to take part.

Val

discreetphoton
discreetphoton Site Moderator 93451 forum postsdiscreetphoton vcard United Kingdom20 Constructive Critique Points
18 Feb 2014 - 11:40 PM

Several personally directed posts were removed asking with related replies.
Please check the terms and conditions. Please stay on topic on this thread and others.

MODERATOR POST
AnnChown
AnnChown e2 Member 4183 forum postsAnnChown vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
19 Feb 2014 - 4:11 PM

I think anything other than the old system isn't going to work... keep it simple! Smile

AnnChown
AnnChown e2 Member 4183 forum postsAnnChown vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
19 Feb 2014 - 4:16 PM

I'll volunteer to be a Guest Editor if the old system comes back as it was....

tj
tj ePHOTOzine Staff 111938 forum poststj vcard England
19 Feb 2014 - 4:22 PM

Thanks for all your input - duly noted.

To keep things separate and make things clear, I am now locking this thread.
Please volunteer your names in this thread only.

I will state in there those of you who have volunteered so far.

Cheers
Tracey

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful

Attention!

This topic is locked.
Reason: Specific Volunteer Thread Opened.