Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Genius Tablet

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    camay
    camay  7116 forum posts Scotland3 Constructive Critique Points
    7 Oct 2009 - 10:07 AM

I have been given a Genius tablet to try. I have plugged it in, the computer has recognised it, I have installed the given software and removed my normal mouse, but I can't get it to work. The green light in the centre of the upper part of the tablet is flickering, apart from that nothing. What on earth am I not doing? I am pressing the pen on the tablet, clicking the two buttons, nothing. Can someone help please?
    Lynne

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    7 Oct 2009 - 10:07 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

digicammad
    digicammad  1121988 forum posts United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
    7 Oct 2009 - 10:10 AM

Have you put any batteries in the pen?

camay
    7 Oct 2009 - 10:16 AM

Yes, brand new.

digicammad
    7 Oct 2009 - 10:42 AM

Either whatever software you are using is not compatible or you need different drivers. Try searching Google for any problems with that tablet and your software. Also look for updated drivers for your operating system.

Ian

camay
    7 Oct 2009 - 11:05 AM

I shall look for software, but I'm surprised the given CD isn't enough.
    Thanks for your help.
    Lynne

digicammad
    7 Oct 2009 - 12:24 PM

Is the tablet a new one? If so it may be that the standard Windows drivers are not new enough to cope with it. Take a look on here to see if there are any new drivers. There are other driver sites around if this one doesn't have your model.

Ian

Adrian_Reynolds

Quote: I am pressing the pen on the tablet, clicking the two buttons, nothing. Can someone help please?

My daughter had this problem, we found we had to swithch from Pen mode to Mouse mode, I think there is an options menu somewhere, hers was a Wacom but sounds like the same problem
    Adrian

camay
    7 Oct 2009 - 6:53 PM

Well, I've solved the problem. I hadn't pushed the connection home tightly enough! Thanks for all your help.
    Lynne

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.