Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

geo tagging

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    KONIN
    KONIN e2 Member 3252 forum postsKONIN vcard England
    19 Jan 2014 - 10:06 AM

hi and happy new year to all epzers
    my wife bought me a nikon aw100 for xmas ,very nice of her after i nudged her a bit.can any body recommend a good soft ware for geo tagging so i can build up a map of were i have been and see all the flags on the map at once,or am i just dreaming.
    thanks stuart

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    19 Jan 2014 - 10:06 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Hugo
    Hugo  9639 forum posts United Kingdom
    19 Jan 2014 - 11:32 AM

Lightroom 5 does this quite well.

AlanTW
    AlanTW  11342 forum posts
    19 Jan 2014 - 1:28 PM

You can use Nikon View NX which may have come with your camera or you can download it for free. Geosetter is another free toool for geotagging

Alan

Dave_Canon
    19 Jan 2014 - 1:50 PM

Lightroom 4 and 5 has this capability. I do use this though I have not found a really good reason to use geo-tagging but it is easy to use and I might find some value in it for the future.

Dave

Hugo
    19 Jan 2014 - 2:13 PM

I think it depends on your photography style/interests. If you like say studio photograph then, it's of limited use. However for travel photography it's great - I've been across a lot of India and have many photos of things i've seen, that without the GPS logging, I'm not really that sure what/why etc. But with the GPS tags you know for sure what it was (eg a part of a town, temple etc) and you can look it up on the web / make a travel diary with it etc.

Hugo
    19 Jan 2014 - 2:14 PM

Also for the OP you didn't say Mac or PC I think on Mac Apple Aperture can handle this too??

Ade_Osman
    Ade_Osman e2 Member 114491 forum postsAde_Osman vcard England36 Constructive Critique Points
    19 Jan 2014 - 4:35 PM

Most folk know I'm an affectionado of Paint Shop Pro, so I'm not going to get into the argument of whether it's better or worse than other higher priced similar programs. But I can confirm both versions X5 and the latest version X6 handle geo-tagging.

KONIN
    19 Jan 2014 - 6:51 PM

thank you for your replys i have a pc ,i have view nx2 but it only shows the tags for the folder you are looking at .

Hugo
    19 Jan 2014 - 7:10 PM

Lightroom is the same - only showing the one folder. However you can create a "collection" - add as many photos as you want to a sort of virtual photo album and then view the entire collection in map view. Lightroom may be a bit of an overkill for what you want though.

KONIN
    19 Jan 2014 - 7:16 PM

i suppose i could do that with view nx2 by putting 1 pic from every trip in a folder then it would build a map up

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.