Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

geo tagging

KONIN e2
3 252 England
19 Jan 2014 10:06AM
hi and happy new year to all epzers
my wife bought me a nikon aw100 for xmas ,very nice of her after i nudged her a bit.can any body recommend a good soft ware for geo tagging so i can build up a map of were i have been and see all the flags on the map at once,or am i just dreaming.
thanks stuart

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Hugo 9 647 United Kingdom
19 Jan 2014 11:32AM
Lightroom 5 does this quite well.
AlanTW 12 347
19 Jan 2014 1:28PM
You can use Nikon View NX which may have come with your camera or you can download it for free. Geosetter is another free toool for geotagging

Alan
Dave_Canon 8 940 United Kingdom
19 Jan 2014 1:50PM
Lightroom 4 and 5 has this capability. I do use this though I have not found a really good reason to use geo-tagging but it is easy to use and I might find some value in it for the future.

Dave
19 Jan 2014 2:13PM
I think it depends on your photography style/interests. If you like say studio photograph then, it's of limited use. However for travel photography it's great - I've been across a lot of India and have many photos of things i've seen, that without the GPS logging, I'm not really that sure what/why etc. But with the GPS tags you know for sure what it was (eg a part of a town, temple etc) and you can look it up on the web / make a travel diary with it etc.
19 Jan 2014 2:14PM
Also for the OP you didn't say Mac or PC I think on Mac Apple Aperture can handle this too??
Ade_Osman e2
11 4.5k 36 England
19 Jan 2014 4:35PM
Most folk know I'm an affectionado of Paint Shop Pro, so I'm not going to get into the argument of whether it's better or worse than other higher priced similar programs. But I can confirm both versions X5 and the latest version X6 handle geo-tagging.
KONIN e2
3 252 England
19 Jan 2014 6:51PM
thank you for your replys i have a pc ,i have view nx2 but it only shows the tags for the folder you are looking at .
19 Jan 2014 7:10PM
Lightroom is the same - only showing the one folder. However you can create a "collection" - add as many photos as you want to a sort of virtual photo album and then view the entire collection in map view. Lightroom may be a bit of an overkill for what you want though.
KONIN e2
3 252 England
19 Jan 2014 7:16PM
i suppose i could do that with view nx2 by putting 1 pic from every trip in a folder then it would build a map up

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.