Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Get a web site

Skeet1Away e2
3 48 1 Scotland
24 Apr 2014 1:21PM
Would like to build a web page to show my images, perhaps sell some for new kit. Have my own domain name already, so do you have any ideas..

Thanks

Paul.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

24 Apr 2014 4:54PM
Hi Paul,

I would recommend www.foliopic.com . There is an free e2 membership voucher for the upper packages and it should have nearly all the features you would want to get started.
puertouk 3 1.1k 17 United Kingdom
25 Apr 2014 9:46AM
Try iPage. They're from the US and are cheap, easy to build your site with various ways to do it.
25 Apr 2014 11:35AM

Quote:Try iPage. They're from the US and are cheap

And with possible good reason....be very sure to research them and their review/feedback contributions first... Sad

Foliopic sounds safer....with EPZ connection if help is needed....
cattyal e2
9 6.4k 6 England
25 Apr 2014 12:06PM
Foliopic worked very well for me (although admittedly I won a Smugmug account last year so have defected to them for now) - the ability to add pics to the Foliopic site direct from the EPZ portfolio was a wonderful time-saver and one aspect I definitely miss Smile

I'd happily recommend them anytime.
Chrism8 8 752 14 England
25 Apr 2014 12:16PM
I've gone from a clikpic to a photim and now to zenfolio, over the last 8 years plus, each time for additional benefits and as the site more than wipes its feet in sales, easily justified.

From starting with clikpic, to photim then zenfolio, would recommend then all.
sdb 7 110 United Kingdom
25 Apr 2014 2:56PM
Another vote for Zenfolio - I've recently moved to them and the layout options and tools to build the site are great
25 Apr 2014 8:26PM
Just signed up for a free trial with Zenfolio - looks very slick and reasonably priced.
13 Aug 2014 6:07PM
i just created my photo studio website you can take a look at it and hopefully able to get some inspiration haha
Gerhardt New Member
7 Germany
18 Dec 2014 9:45PM

Quote:Try iPage. They're from the US and are cheap, easy to build your site with various ways to do it.

Awful company and awful hosting. I bought their shared hosting for 1 year some time ago - site was down very often, a few times per day, for a small period of time. On all my complains support of iPage was telling me "At the moment your website works correctly". The same each time - it seems that they run overloaded servers and so huge number of clients that they don't care if clients unsatisfied by quality of their services will stop to be their clients. I left this hosting and moved to other hoster.
Gerhardt New Member
7 Germany
18 Dec 2014 10:03PM

Quote:Would like to build a web page to show my images, perhaps sell some for new kit. Have my own domain name already, so do you have any ideas..

Thanks

Paul.

As for me, the best solution is to use WordPress theme for portfolio sites. Some allow not only to see photos as portfolio but also to sell them.
There are excellent free photo themes. Check this: http://www.beautifullife.info/web-design/35-best-free-online-portfolio-themes-for-photographers/
Fahim 3 211 United Kingdom
21 Dec 2014 11:24AM
I use smugmug as a hosting for my website. They have plenty of templates and a plethora of features, and on top if you really need, it also takes html or css programming to customise. Highly recommended.

Manzur Fahim Photography

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.