Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Girl, 11, wins RPS Distinction using Nikon D80

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    f11digital
    f11digital  1185 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    22 Mar 2012 - 7:02 PM

Link

My 11yr old stepdaughter after being awarded her LRPS at the assessment day at Focus on Imaging earlier this month. I've taught her well Smile

John

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    22 Mar 2012 - 7:02 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Ade_Osman
    Ade_Osman e2 Member 114521 forum postsAde_Osman vcard England36 Constructive Critique Points
    22 Mar 2012 - 7:06 PM

Hope for my 8 y/o grand daughter yet then Smile Tell you stepdaughter well done from me!

Ade

answersonapostcard
    answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012609 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
    22 Mar 2012 - 7:07 PM

Excellent set of images, well done to her Smile

billydo
    billydo e2 Member 1178 forum postsbillydo vcard United Kingdom
    22 Mar 2012 - 7:12 PM

That's a fantastic achievement, well done to you both.

Neal.

searlem
    searlem e2 Member 738 forum postssearlem vcard England1 Constructive Critique Points
    22 Mar 2012 - 9:40 PM

Well done, I was at the advisory day at the National Media Museum, when Saskia's panel was discussed. Stunning images, one day I may even be able to say I was there early in her career.

KevinEllison
    KevinEllison e2 Member 72539 forum postsKevinEllison vcard England
    22 Mar 2012 - 11:25 PM

Very well done..! What's amusing is the need to mention it was "achieved" with a D80.. As if this was surprising...I used one quite happily for some time, I moved to D300 for the faster fps and a couple of other features, but because models had/have moved on it doesn't mean your existing device suddenly can't take pictures any more...even though the marketing boyos would try to convince you otherwise...!!

NEWMANP
    NEWMANP e2 Member 61587 forum postsNEWMANP vcard United Kingdom574 Constructive Critique Points
    22 Mar 2012 - 11:37 PM

its an achievemt to be proud of at any age but at 11 its staggering. i know from experience just how tough it is to build a good panel, well done
    Phil

peterjones
    peterjones e2 Member 123987 forum postspeterjones vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    23 Mar 2012 - 7:55 AM

What a lovely thread after the last one I have just read; nothing surprisng about a Nikon D80 but a wonderful achievement at the age of 11; a very enjoyable photographic future awaits her with such a natural talent.

Peter Grin

psiman
    psiman  10551 forum posts Wales
    23 Mar 2012 - 7:56 AM

Wow what an achievement. My wife and I both know how much work is involved in pulling together an L panel and the assessment is a nail biting experience so to do this at 11 is a fantastic achievement. One to watch!

Simon

pluffy
    pluffy  7131 forum posts United Kingdom
    23 Mar 2012 - 8:18 AM

Fabulous, you must be very proud of her.

Steve

User_Removed
    23 Mar 2012 - 10:25 AM

Huge congratulations to Saskia for a great achievement.

But also a very honourable mention for her parents for encouraging and facilitating her photography.

Great story.

Last Modified By User_Removed at 23 Mar 2012 - 10:26 AM
    SlowSong
    SlowSong e2 Member 64533 forum postsSlowSong vcard England29 Constructive Critique Points
    23 Mar 2012 - 10:29 AM

Well done to Saskia - an exciting achievement and brilliant at her age. I still remember when I got mine and it's still one of my top ten moments.
    Is there a link to her panel? I'd love to see it properly.
    Chris

DOGSBODY
    DOGSBODY  61432 forum posts England30 Constructive Critique Points
    23 Mar 2012 - 11:00 AM

Obviously she is a very talented young lady. Congratulations to her on such a fine achievement. Andy

Consulo
    Consulo  10768 forum posts Scotland10 Constructive Critique Points
    23 Mar 2012 - 1:31 PM

I'd agree that the fact that she has achieved this with a D80 is of no consequence, it's the eye behind the camera that's important. That aside, however, many congratulations are in order; your stepdaughter obviously has a good eye for a photo.

Last Modified By Consulo at 23 Mar 2012 - 1:31 PM
    f11digital
    f11digital  1185 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    23 Mar 2012 - 1:36 PM

Thank you for all your kind comments from Saskia, her mum and myself. I have posted a shot of Saskia's hanging plan for you all to see. A press release was issued yesterday by the RPS, so we're hoping a few magazines will take an interest in her.

Thanks again
    John

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.