Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Glow in Photoshop

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    SimonGrindle
    18 Sep 2012 - 4:02 PM

Hi guys
    Just a quick question to see if any knows how to achieve this glow around an image?
    462518-10150847434394488-936999977-o.jpg

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    18 Sep 2012 - 4:02 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Coleslaw
    Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
    18 Sep 2012 - 4:12 PM

that is just vignetting, instead of darken the corners, you lighten them.
    IMHO, it is a well outdated technique though...

monstersnowman
    18 Sep 2012 - 4:15 PM

One way is to do the opposite of adding a dark vignette. I believe this, from memory, is in Filters>Distort>Lens Correction .... In my CS4

puertouk
    puertouk  21054 forum posts United Kingdom17 Constructive Critique Points
    18 Sep 2012 - 4:58 PM

You can also do it this way if you want. Copy your background image, add a new layer, fill with white and reduce the opacity. Add a layer mask and using a black brush paint away the part you want clear.

SimonGrindle
    18 Sep 2012 - 5:01 PM

Thanks guys Smile

peterjones
    peterjones e2 Member 123860 forum postspeterjones vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    19 Sep 2012 - 2:15 PM

light vignetting is quite useful towards achieving a high key image particularly portraits; high key images are very much in "vogue" in some camera club circles.

Coleslaw
    Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
    19 Sep 2012 - 3:21 PM

Quote: light vignetting is quite useful towards achieving a high key image particularly portraits; high key images are very much in "vogue" in some camera club circles.

Probably still in 1940s then..... LOL Smile

Fishnet
    Fishnet  104976 forum posts United Kingdom5 Constructive Critique Points
    19 Sep 2012 - 3:57 PM

I wouldn't say camera clubs were particularly on the ball with latest trends, I wouldn't use them as a guidline!

peterjones
    peterjones e2 Member 123860 forum postspeterjones vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    19 Sep 2012 - 8:24 PM

if a technique attracts any kind of derision there must be something very worthwhile and desirable in that technique; I really must again revisit high key and light vignetting.

User_Removed
    20 Sep 2012 - 10:27 AM

Quote: I wouldn't say camera clubs were particularly on the ball with latest trends, I wouldn't use them as a guidline!

Why wouldn't you say that, Fishnet? My experience (admittedly of only one club) is quite the opposite - right at the leading edge of creative development. I struggle to keep up.

Coleslaw
    20 Sep 2012 - 10:59 AM

Quote: My experience (admittedly of only one club) is quite the opposite - right at the leading edge of creative development. I struggle to keep up.

must be the same club as Peter then, LF....LOL.
    In that case, perhaps you should try this glow technique...WinkSmileGrinGrinGrinGrinGrin

Last Modified By Coleslaw at 20 Sep 2012 - 11:00 AM
    • «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.