Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Gobsmacked - My Shot....A Winner!

22 Jan 2013 9:31PM
Hi Everyone,

I know how supportive everyone is on Ephotozine and I wanted to share my nice news with you.

I entered two shots into the staff photography competition at the hospital where I work. There were over 300 entries and both of my shots made it into the final 24 judged by the hospital Chief Exec and a professional photographer.

The staff of the hospital (over 6,000) were then asked to vote on their personal favorites to decide on the top 12 shots, and I was delighted to learn that this shot

http://www.ephotozine.com/user/weegeordielass-181244/gallery/photo/my-hometown-view-from-north-pier-31733213

made it into the final 12. So, the winning 12 shots will be blown up, framed and displayed in the hospital showing our names, and there will also be a calendar made with a winning shot for each month to be sold for charity.

It's lovely to know that one of my shots will make money for the hospital charity fund where it will be put to very good use........a great reason to take photos.

I haven't been uploading for a few months as I've been so busy writing my travel blog www.ageordieuptheganges.com and preparing for my upcoming trip to India in 10 days time. Hoping to get some good shots and start getting involved again when I get back home, and life is back to normal.

Thanks for reading everyone, and if you don't mind a bit of silliness, please check out my blog.

Cheers

Elaine

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
22 Jan 2013 9:36PM
Well done Elaine, that's quite an achievement Grin
scrimmy e2
6 379 5 Scotland
22 Jan 2013 9:36PM
congratulations ....... enjoy your trip Smile
Jestertheclown
6 6.6k 242 England
22 Jan 2013 9:40PM
Well done you!

I've been (quietly) following your blog and it's been quite a laugh, in a vaguely informative sort of way.

I'll probably say it again before you go but I'll say it anyway: "Good luck!"
22 Jan 2013 9:44PM
Thanks for your support Pete.......it's nice of you to comment.Grin
Cheers
Elaine
22 Jan 2013 9:45PM
Hi Ian,

Thanks.......I'm getting a bit nervous now - never done anything like this trip before.

Cheers

Elaine
GazzaG2003 e2
11 252 England
22 Jan 2013 9:48PM
congratulations a wonderful achievement, enjoy your trip to India Smile
cats_123 e2
10 4.3k 25 Northern Ireland
22 Jan 2013 9:50PM
congrats..well deserved Smile
22 Jan 2013 9:51PM
Congratulations!!!
22 Jan 2013 9:52PM
Hi Bren,

Thanks for following my blog............I'm glad you've found it amusing - I don't take myself very seriously at all - it's a great coping mechanism in this mad life!

I can't believe how many people seem to be reading my ramblings - my Wordpress stats show that I've had viewings from 15 different countries! How the hell they can understand the silly Geordie bits I'll never know.

Thanks for the Good Luck wishes - after all of my research on the places I'll be visiting, I think I'm gonna need it Grin

Cheers

Elaine
SlowSong e2
6 4.8k 29 England
22 Jan 2013 9:53PM
That's fantastic Elaine. You're obviously thrilled and deservedly so. Brilliant. I love a bit of good news. SmileSmileSmile
22 Jan 2013 9:54PM
Thanks Gary, Jeff and Pablo GrinGrinGrin It's nice of you all to comment
Cheers
Elaine
22 Jan 2013 9:55PM
Congratulations, very well deserved.
David
22 Jan 2013 9:56PM
Hi Chris,

Thanks so much.....I'm really pleased that my shot will make money for charity - that's a good feeling.
Cheers
Elaine
22 Jan 2013 9:57PM
Cheers David.........I've only won a small Ephotozine comp before - I'm still very much a beginner, so it was nice to be one of the winners of my works comp
Elaine

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.