Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Gobsmacked - My Shot....A Winner!

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

WeeGeordieLass
WeeGeordieLass e2 Member 2338 forum postsWeeGeordieLass vcard England
22 Jan 2013 - 9:31 PM

Hi Everyone,

I know how supportive everyone is on Ephotozine and I wanted to share my nice news with you.

I entered two shots into the staff photography competition at the hospital where I work. There were over 300 entries and both of my shots made it into the final 24 judged by the hospital Chief Exec and a professional photographer.

The staff of the hospital (over 6,000) were then asked to vote on their personal favorites to decide on the top 12 shots, and I was delighted to learn that this shot

http://www.ephotozine.com/user/weegeordielass-181244/gallery/photo/my-hometown-v...

made it into the final 12. So, the winning 12 shots will be blown up, framed and displayed in the hospital showing our names, and there will also be a calendar made with a winning shot for each month to be sold for charity.

It's lovely to know that one of my shots will make money for the hospital charity fund where it will be put to very good use........a great reason to take photos.

I haven't been uploading for a few months as I've been so busy writing my travel blog www.ageordieuptheganges.com and preparing for my upcoming trip to India in 10 days time. Hoping to get some good shots and start getting involved again when I get back home, and life is back to normal.

Thanks for reading everyone, and if you don't mind a bit of silliness, please check out my blog.

Cheers

Elaine

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
22 Jan 2013 - 9:31 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318434 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
22 Jan 2013 - 9:36 PM

Well done Elaine, that's quite an achievement Grin

scrimmy
scrimmy e2 Member 5365 forum postsscrimmy vcard Scotland5 Constructive Critique Points
22 Jan 2013 - 9:36 PM

congratulations ....... enjoy your trip Smile

Jestertheclown
22 Jan 2013 - 9:40 PM

Well done you!

I've been (quietly) following your blog and it's been quite a laugh, in a vaguely informative sort of way.

I'll probably say it again before you go but I'll say it anyway: "Good luck!"

WeeGeordieLass
22 Jan 2013 - 9:44 PM

Thanks for your support Pete.......it's nice of you to comment.Grin
Cheers
Elaine

WeeGeordieLass
22 Jan 2013 - 9:45 PM

Hi Ian,

Thanks.......I'm getting a bit nervous now - never done anything like this trip before.

Cheers

Elaine

GazzaG2003
GazzaG2003  11252 forum posts England
22 Jan 2013 - 9:48 PM

congratulations a wonderful achievement, enjoy your trip to India Smile

cats_123
cats_123 e2 Member 103999 forum postscats_123 vcard Northern Ireland24 Constructive Critique Points
22 Jan 2013 - 9:50 PM

congrats..well deserved Smile

pablophotographer

Congratulations!!!

WeeGeordieLass
22 Jan 2013 - 9:52 PM

Hi Bren,

Thanks for following my blog............I'm glad you've found it amusing - I don't take myself very seriously at all - it's a great coping mechanism in this mad life!

I can't believe how many people seem to be reading my ramblings - my Wordpress stats show that I've had viewings from 15 different countries! How the hell they can understand the silly Geordie bits I'll never know.

Thanks for the Good Luck wishes - after all of my research on the places I'll be visiting, I think I'm gonna need it Grin

Cheers

Elaine

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 54229 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
22 Jan 2013 - 9:53 PM

That's fantastic Elaine. You're obviously thrilled and deservedly so. Brilliant. I love a bit of good news. SmileSmileSmile

WeeGeordieLass
22 Jan 2013 - 9:54 PM

Thanks Gary, Jeff and Pablo GrinGrinGrin It's nice of you all to comment
Cheers
Elaine

chalkhillblue
chalkhillblue e2 Member 5143 forum postschalkhillblue vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
22 Jan 2013 - 9:55 PM

Congratulations, very well deserved.
David

WeeGeordieLass
22 Jan 2013 - 9:56 PM

Hi Chris,

Thanks so much.....I'm really pleased that my shot will make money for charity - that's a good feeling.
Cheers
Elaine

WeeGeordieLass
22 Jan 2013 - 9:57 PM

Cheers David.........I've only won a small Ephotozine comp before - I'm still very much a beginner, so it was nice to be one of the winners of my works comp
Elaine

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.