Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Good Amazon Marketplace experience - RK Photographic.

oldblokeh 3 922 United Kingdom
24 Jan 2012 5:43PM
I normally steer clear of Amazon Marketplace traders, as some pretend to be UK-based, but are actually in China.

Here's a good word for RK Photographic who *are* UK-based. I wanted a flash accessory that includes an extension cable. I couldn't find any info as to whether the cable is compatible with Nikon TTL so I contacted them by phone. The lady who answered spent some time trying to find the answer, but wasn't able to do so immediately. She promised to call me back the next day and she did as she promised. I ordered the kit on Sunday and it was delivered by recorded delivery this morning (Tuesday). I'd do business with them again.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
24 Jan 2012 5:47PM
RK Photographic where regular advertisers in Amateur Photographer magazine (maybe still are) and were for a long time (maybe still are) the importer of Meopta enlargers and other darkroom kit.
oldblokeh 3 922 United Kingdom
24 Jan 2012 5:53PM
Cool. It must be nearly 40 years since I bought an Amateur Photographer.
whipspeed e2
10 4.1k 22 United Kingdom
24 Jan 2012 6:08PM
I've bought inkjet paper from them before. Always nice people to deal with.
User_Removed 5 4.6k 1 Scotland
24 Jan 2012 7:24PM

Quote:Cool. It must be nearly 40 years since I bought an Amateur Photographer.

I currently have subscriptions to five photographic magazines (far too many, I know). But if I had to cut down to one, then AP would be the one I would retain.

Not only is it weekly but, as magazine "experts" go, their regular writers do seem to be a country mile ahead of those from the glossy monthlies in terms of knowledge and experience.
Gaucho e2
13 2.4k 2 United Kingdom
24 Jan 2012 10:12PM
I concur. I don't often have the chance of getting copies of AP but when I do I'm usually very pleasantly surprised at the level of expertise and knowledge. I do think it is better now than it was when I first subscribed hjmmmcough years ago (I'll just mention Victor Blackman)Smile
gingerdelight 8 298 11 United Kingdom
25 Jan 2012 9:01AM
I always buy Digital Camera magazine - I like the free CDs!!

With regard to purchasing from Amazon marketplace traders avoid Only Scientific. I purchased a "Genuine Lishin Laptop AC Adaptor" for my old laptop which worked for a few weeks then gave up on me. I duly returned it to them and have heard absolutely nothing since despite MANY emails and correspondence. Unfortunately this has gone beyond Amazon's guarantee period now so they are washing their hands of the whole thing as they do not get into disputes with their traders (which also annoys me considering how much I purchase from Amazon, but that's another story!). The upshot is I have lost my money AND my adaptor!!

Carol
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
25 Jan 2012 4:55PM
On the whole I have found the Amazon Market place to be very good, most of those I have used have been well established independent or part of small group camera stores, sometimes there prices have beaten Amazons.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.