Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Good Amazon Marketplace experience - RK Photographic.

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    oldblokeh
    oldblokeh  3773 forum posts United Kingdom
    24 Jan 2012 - 5:43 PM

I normally steer clear of Amazon Marketplace traders, as some pretend to be UK-based, but are actually in China.

Here's a good word for RK Photographic who *are* UK-based. I wanted a flash accessory that includes an extension cable. I couldn't find any info as to whether the cable is compatible with Nikon TTL so I contacted them by phone. The lady who answered spent some time trying to find the answer, but wasn't able to do so immediately. She promised to call me back the next day and she did as she promised. I ordered the kit on Sunday and it was delivered by recorded delivery this morning (Tuesday). I'd do business with them again.

Last Modified By oldblokeh at 24 Jan 2012 - 5:43 PM
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    24 Jan 2012 - 5:43 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Pete
    Pete Site Moderator 1318434 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
    24 Jan 2012 - 5:47 PM

RK Photographic where regular advertisers in Amateur Photographer magazine (maybe still are) and were for a long time (maybe still are) the importer of Meopta enlargers and other darkroom kit.

oldblokeh
    oldblokeh  3773 forum posts United Kingdom
    24 Jan 2012 - 5:53 PM

Cool. It must be nearly 40 years since I bought an Amateur Photographer.

whipspeed
    whipspeed e2 Member 104039 forum postswhipspeed vcard United Kingdom22 Constructive Critique Points
    24 Jan 2012 - 6:08 PM

I've bought inkjet paper from them before. Always nice people to deal with.

User_Removed
    24 Jan 2012 - 7:24 PM

Quote: Cool. It must be nearly 40 years since I bought an Amateur Photographer.

I currently have subscriptions to five photographic magazines (far too many, I know). But if I had to cut down to one, then AP would be the one I would retain.

Not only is it weekly but, as magazine "experts" go, their regular writers do seem to be a country mile ahead of those from the glossy monthlies in terms of knowledge and experience.

Gaucho
    Gaucho e2 Member 122204 forum postsGaucho vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
    24 Jan 2012 - 10:12 PM

I concur. I don't often have the chance of getting copies of AP but when I do I'm usually very pleasantly surprised at the level of expertise and knowledge. I do think it is better now than it was when I first subscribed hjmmmcough years ago (I'll just mention Victor Blackman)Smile

gingerdelight
    25 Jan 2012 - 9:01 AM

I always buy Digital Camera magazine - I like the free CDs!!

With regard to purchasing from Amazon marketplace traders avoid Only Scientific. I purchased a "Genuine Lishin Laptop AC Adaptor" for my old laptop which worked for a few weeks then gave up on me. I duly returned it to them and have heard absolutely nothing since despite MANY emails and correspondence. Unfortunately this has gone beyond Amazon's guarantee period now so they are washing their hands of the whole thing as they do not get into disputes with their traders (which also annoys me considering how much I purchase from Amazon, but that's another story!). The upshot is I have lost my money AND my adaptor!!

Carol

Paul Morgan
    Paul Morgan e2 Member 1314957 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    25 Jan 2012 - 4:55 PM

On the whole I have found the Amazon Market place to be very good, most of those I have used have been well established independent or part of small group camera stores, sometimes there prices have beaten Amazons.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.