Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Good articles required

Pete Plus
13 18.7k 96 England
27 Mar 2001 6:45AM
ePHOTOzine wants knowledgeable darkroom users to write techniques on all areas of the craft for beginners, intermediate and advanced readers. In the first instance e-mail with what subjects you can cover.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

bjc 13 2
8 Aug 2001 1:28AM
strangely quiet on this topic don't you think !?
Pete Plus
13 18.7k 96 England
8 Aug 2001 1:28AM
Yes Barry, this sort of suggests darkroom must be dead! Tell me otherwise readers...
tonyg 13 1
13 Oct 2001 11:03PM
Come on users. We beginers require advise and help on traditional darkroom techniques.
Regards Tony
Leef 13 5
27 Nov 2001 11:01PM
I read in one of the photo mags (Amateur Photographer I think) , a guy sepia toned some of his prints by soaking them in bath of cold tea!..
anyone else tried this?..Which brand?..sorry don't know!..
regards.
Lee
Pete Plus
13 18.7k 96 England
28 Nov 2001 3:07PM
Yes it does work, coming from up North I like a good brew of Yorkshire Tea...wonder if we could get them to sponsor the darkroom sectionSmile Coffee will also stain too. Everything's worth a try once! Which gives me an idea. Tumeric, used in Indian cooking has a habit of staining everything that it comes in contact with yellow. I must try that.
Leef 13 5
1 Dec 2001 12:20AM
uhmmm.... Tumeric sounds a good good idea Peter. The phrase 'scratch and sniff' springs to mind.
Travel Photography - the sights and smells of far off lands! Smile
Lee.
8 Jan 2002 2:53PM
Yeah I tried with camomile tea, but nothing happen, unfortunatelly. I wanted yellowish tone so I used that tea ;o) By the way I readed article where guy used Beer, so If you are ready to risk one or two bottles of Heineken you're welcome to try. Who knows, maybe Heineken can award us as a perspective artists Smile Does anyone know for what time print is suposed to be in tea or beer for certain effect?
vladimir www.photoimagine.f2s.com
Leef 13 5
9 Jan 2002 10:42PM
In the article I read about toning prints in tea..I think it was 30 mins soaking time..I guess it depends on the strength of the tea..yes? Smile
uhmmm beer..sounds a bit of waste to me..but then again..some beers!..I'll say no more!

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.