Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Good articles required

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Pete
    Pete Site Moderator 1318442 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
    27 Mar 2001 - 6:45 AM

ePHOTOzine wants knowledgeable darkroom users to write techniques on all areas of the craft for beginners, intermediate and advanced readers. In the first instance e-mail with what subjects you can cover.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    27 Mar 2001 - 6:45 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

bjc
    bjc  13
    8 Aug 2001 - 1:28 AM

strangely quiet on this topic don't you think !?

Pete
    Pete Site Moderator 1318442 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
    8 Aug 2001 - 1:28 AM

Yes Barry, this sort of suggests darkroom must be dead! Tell me otherwise readers...

tonyg
    tonyg  12
    13 Oct 2001 - 11:03 PM

Come on users. We beginers require advise and help on traditional darkroom techniques.
    Regards Tony

Leef
    Leef  12
    27 Nov 2001 - 11:01 PM

I read in one of the photo mags (Amateur Photographer I think) , a guy sepia toned some of his prints by soaking them in bath of cold tea!..
    anyone else tried this?..Which brand?..sorry don't know!..
    regards.
    Lee

Pete
    28 Nov 2001 - 3:07 PM

Yes it does work, coming from up North I like a good brew of Yorkshire Tea...wonder if we could get them to sponsor the darkroom sectionSmile Coffee will also stain too. Everything's worth a try once! Which gives me an idea. Tumeric, used in Indian cooking has a habit of staining everything that it comes in contact with yellow. I must try that.

Leef
    Leef  12
    1 Dec 2001 - 12:20 AM

uhmmm.... Tumeric sounds a good good idea Peter. The phrase 'scratch and sniff' springs to mind.
    Travel Photography - the sights and smells of far off lands! Smile
    Lee.

photoimagine
    8 Jan 2002 - 2:53 PM

Yeah I tried with camomile tea, but nothing happen, unfortunatelly. I wanted yellowish tone so I used that tea ;o) By the way I readed article where guy used Beer, so If you are ready to risk one or two bottles of Heineken you're welcome to try. Who knows, maybe Heineken can award us as a perspective artists Smile Does anyone know for what time print is suposed to be in tea or beer for certain effect?
    vladimir www.photoimagine.f2s.com

Leef
    Leef  12
    9 Jan 2002 - 10:42 PM

In the article I read about toning prints in tea..I think it was 30 mins soaking time..I guess it depends on the strength of the tea..yes? Smile
    uhmmm beer..sounds a bit of waste to me..but then again..some beers!..I'll say no more!

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.