Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Good bridge camera for air show

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315487 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
6 Feb 2013 - 11:50 PM

Quote: Let's start with what - are we talking amateur or professional photography here

I found photographers to be an absolute pest at the last air show I went along too be them amateur or professional.

There`s only so many times you can stand being whacked over the back of the head or tripping over there kit.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
6 Feb 2013 - 11:50 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

MikeRC
MikeRC e2 Member 93501 forum postsMikeRC vcard United Kingdom
7 Feb 2013 - 11:50 AM

Quote: Looking forward to seeing reports on the new model from Fuji may be worth waiting a while for this one

Hi Ian...the new HS50 does look interesting, if you buy one when it becomes available would you be kind enough to let me know how you get on with it.
....regards....Mike

philstaff
philstaff  651 forum posts United Kingdom
7 Feb 2013 - 1:44 PM

Hi Mike will do I think they are due out in March however I will probably wait till the price drops.

Regards Ian

MichaelMelb_AU
7 Feb 2013 - 10:35 PM

I am a bit cautious about HS50. By specifications alone it looks like a great camera - and very possible it is. But ergonomically it is a step away from the very nice DSLR-like feel of HS30 I own. Vari-angle screen is good, but it "ate" a number of very handy controls. It would not be possible anymore to change ISO, focusing mode, exposure metering way "on the fly", with a single button and control wheel as it was on HS30. Hybrid focusing is nice too - but why it is left completely to the camera to choose the way to focus? It may be as difficult to get along with it as it is with EXR AUTO - that often fails to guess the right mode for the shot. Also, "teething problems" may be there again. This camera is not a smooth continuation of HS line, it is a completely new design with new optics and sensor. I don't want to be overly pessimistic, but every new design of Fuji proved to be very "raw", and was refined on the production line causing multiple recalls and inconveniences to the customer. X-S1 lens droopage, X10 "orbs", etc. - not too good for an expensive new model. Fuji says nothing on why this time it must be different.
HS50 is definitely a camera worth attention, but for the time being I will stick with my HS30 ( which is not that much different in principle), and watch till real life results will come. By experience, it may be a year or two till it becomes clear if this upgrade is worth the money. For the time being the latest batch of X-S1 looks like a great bargain to grab - with it's larger lens and sensor, and the same great EVF.

Last Modified By MichaelMelb_AU at 7 Feb 2013 - 10:41 PM
Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315487 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
7 Feb 2013 - 10:43 PM

Quote: X-S1 lens droopage, X10 "orbs", etc. - not too good for an expensive new model

DSLR lenses suffer from droop as well you know Smile

Orbs, only a very few number of camera`s were effected, they were fitted with sub standard sensors.

dcash29
dcash29  81908 forum posts England
8 Feb 2013 - 9:35 AM

I agree Michael Fuji were 'RAW' but all these companies are constantly chasing markets, constantly remodelling.

Blame the idiots buying them, wondering what the next models specification will be even before companies have reviewed the current one.

We've had the pixel race, now the lens focal length race...what next?

Last Modified By dcash29 at 8 Feb 2013 - 9:41 AM
philstaff
philstaff  651 forum posts United Kingdom
8 Feb 2013 - 10:51 AM

Massive zoom range is usefull but not my major priority probably a zoom range of 400 to 600 would have got the photos I missed so probably would not have needed the full range of the zoom. What Im looking for is speed and accuercy of focus and a very good IQ.

Regards Ian

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.