Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Good Bye!

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Attention!

This topic is locked.
Reason: Thread has run its course now. Jas will hopefully return. Pete
Just Jas
Just Jas  1225727 forum posts England1 Constructive Critique Points
18 Mar 2005 - 4:01 PM

The following is the essence of emails that I sent to Pete yesterday:

"This action has been in my mind for some weeks now and I have finally come to the conclusion that I no longer wish to participate in the activities of the site and in particular the forum.

I have had enough of the furores that I have become involved in recently, at no intent by myself. I do not need this hassle, I intend to enjoy the remainder of my retirement years quietly from now on, in my photographic activities.

I would therefor ask you to remove my profile and registration from the site.

I do not see the point in taking part in the discussions if personal abuse spoils the interchange of views and information, and ultimately results in the thread being locked. This is upsetting to everyone, especially the originator of the thread.

My best wishes for the site, and to my virtual friends with whom I have exchanged many views in pleasant manner - Ian (digicammad) Stephen (bpa) John (strawman) to mention but a few. And, of course, Carabosse - I have exchanged much good humoured banter with CB with no ill offence taken on either side!"

There is no returning this time and this is my last visit to the site.

Just Jas

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
18 Mar 2005 - 4:01 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

StrayCat
StrayCat  1014446 forum posts Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
18 Mar 2005 - 4:05 PM

I respect your descision Jas, and wish you all the best in youe endeavours. You'll be missed mate.

Mari
Mari  101825 forum posts Wales
18 Mar 2005 - 4:12 PM

Oh Jas, i'll miss you and i'm sure i'm not the only one. You have such a great sense of humour and its very sad that you have been subject to such hassle. You are right though, retirement should be enjoyed peacefully but just remember we won't forget you.

Mari

LAF
LAF  111735 forum posts
18 Mar 2005 - 4:22 PM

Sorry to see you go but wish you all the best. Take care of yourself.

Lee

sillyconguru
18 Mar 2005 - 4:28 PM

Yes, as others have said.

Good-bye and good luck Jas (I hope you sort out your Zorki).

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139388 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
18 Mar 2005 - 4:31 PM

Well I am frankly appalled that, largely through the words and attitude of just one individual, Jas has felt the need to leave EPZ.

I am sure I am not alone in (much) preferring to see the individual concerned kicked off the site, rather than Jas leaving!

I hope that (a) the above-mentioned individual is indeed thrown out of EPZ and (b) Jas - like others who have left in the past - will in due course return.

ken j.
ken j.  11372 forum posts
18 Mar 2005 - 4:42 PM

Totally agree...
Jas - if you're still there...
You have been a major contributor to this site.
Why let one d***head drive you away?

cambirder
cambirder  107202 forum posts England
18 Mar 2005 - 4:44 PM

Is this anything to do with that very boring thread about Hyperfocal method?

Westers
Westers  93905 forum posts Burkina Faso1 Constructive Critique Points
18 Mar 2005 - 4:52 PM

Sorry Jas you feel this way.

I have to say that, as the orignator, I asked for the thread to be locked because I felt that your good intentions were being used as a forum for someone else to seek some kind of "superiority" over yourself. Your posts were very informative - I can't pretend to understand the theory behind the maths but I did at least follow the formula. I still wouldn't know how to simply apply that in the field.However, you said yourself that your intention was only to explain how the method worked, not how to use it Smile

It was the insulting nature of certain responses to yourself that I felt were being provocative and unnecessary. Clearly you felt your logic was based on solid research, which I applaud you for. However, there was obviously a disagreement.

Normally I'm not bothered by such arguments if both parties present their case in the same manner as yours. However, the other party was not so civil in his response.Hence I felt it was probably best to lock the thread.

I'm sorry that you feel this way and only hope you read this before you decide to leave here for good. I thank you for your input and can honestly say that I did learn something from your response and hope you reconsider.

If you feel that you still wish to leave then enjoy your retirement and good luck in your photography.

Ian

bpa
bpa  101224 forum posts
18 Mar 2005 - 4:53 PM

Sorry to see that you've been upset to the extent that you feel the need to leave the site, all the best Jas take care. Oh, and don't leave, a great many more people on here appreciate your presence than don't.

Stephen

Badger
Badger  114736 forum posts United Kingdom20 Constructive Critique Points
18 Mar 2005 - 4:57 PM

Jas, I missed that particular thread, I am sorry that I hadn't read it earlier and stepped in like Ian.

Please take a few days to mull it over, then put those infantile comments behind you and rejoin the ranks.
And, who else is going to make the masses groan with those (witty) one liners?

Matt

peterkin
peterkin  10618 forum posts England
18 Mar 2005 - 5:02 PM

Understand what you say, Jas but I for one will miss your contributions. But I do implore you to reconsider!

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139388 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
18 Mar 2005 - 5:03 PM

Quote: Is this anything to do with that very boring thread about Hyperfocal method?

Yes, but it was not the first time Jas was subjected to abuse and discourtesy from the same source. I guess that the 'hyperfocal' thread was the last resort.

I do hope that the individual concerned - at the very least - receives a warning from the EPZ Team. If they felt able to lock him out of EPZ so much the better... I doubt there would be anything other than applause!

ken j.
ken j.  11372 forum posts
18 Mar 2005 - 5:17 PM

Re my post:
Good to see the moderators are working late...
Grin

Bernie
Bernie  102201 forum posts
18 Mar 2005 - 5:25 PM

No way Jas, COME ON!!! you have a thicker skin than that.
Normally I would say Cya, but not on this occasion. Take a couple off weeks of Jas. You can't do this buddy?

Attention!

This topic is locked.
Reason: Thread has run its course now. Jas will hopefully return. Pete