Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Good Compact Camera

lobsterboy e2
11 14.3k 13 United Kingdom
16 Jul 2012 3:19PM
And the point won't get seen as it's not a report.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed 10 3.3k 4 United Kingdom
16 Jul 2012 3:47PM
Lol you saw it so your comment "won't get seen" must refer to the people who make the forums but musn't read them and are probably unaware of the regular spam.

If I'd just reported it and you removed it I wouldn't have made my point.

I've already had this conversation with the team before and shown them websites which have solved their spam problems with 'no linking for new posters'.

What's your solution?
lobsterboy e2
11 14.3k 13 United Kingdom
16 Jul 2012 3:58PM

Quote:must refer to the people who make the forums but musn't read them and are probably unaware of the regular spam.

Indeed the developers are usually coding stuff and don't get time to read the forum much. It happened that I saw your post, but I would normally have just removed the spammer when I saw him and your post would have just disapeared into the forum.

Quote:What's your solution?

I din't say I had one..or that I diisagreed with you.
CathyT e2
8 7.3k 18 United Kingdom
19 Jul 2012 6:19PM
Have you two finished arguing ???...Wink

Well Jack went for a pocket sized Sony Cybershot...cheap as..

Going shopping with Holly on Saturday.....so far she's looking at the Nikon J1 and the Olympus Pen recommended earlier....will make her look at the others listed here and let you know what she goes for.
CathyT e2
8 7.3k 18 United Kingdom
23 Jul 2012 4:41PM
Right, well we didn't bother with the Nikon J1 as we were advised against it by the Jesops sales guy...He recommended the Fuji X10 but Holly wanted more of a basic compact rather than the twin lens system or all the buttons of the Fuji so we looked at the Sony RX 100 but at 549 it was too much for her budget , so she went for the Sony HX20V 249....does the job. Thanks for all your suggestions, much appreciated.
23 Jul 2012 9:18PM
Sony looks good but curious now, what did the Jessops bod have against the J1..??
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
23 Jul 2012 9:21PM
It was probably just out of stock and he wanted to make a sale Smile
23 Jul 2012 9:46PM
Ah...silly me...no wonder I got moved out of sales.....(thank god...)
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
23 Jul 2012 9:58PM
That`s what I would often do, tell them it was crap, just to clear stock that was hanging about Smile
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
23 Jul 2012 10:04PM
Not that I`m saying the Sony is crap Smile
CathyT e2
8 7.3k 18 United Kingdom
23 Jul 2012 10:06PM
He said compared to the Olympus pen range and the NEX range it was poor......Holly then decided that for travelling she should probably have a point and shoot, easy to carry camera so he said his first choice was the Fuji X10 . Holly didn't like all the external buttons and didn't think she'd use half the features...there was no turning her......He recommended the Sony RX 100...there was a Panasonic but I can't remember which one....then it came down to price so she went for the sony HX 20 v....His choice was the NEX 7 system.
23 Jul 2012 10:13PM

Quote:we looked at the Sony RX 100 but at 549 it was too much for her budget

Usually a good reason to go shopping with parent(s)....no surprise I'm broke and they've left home now.... Wink

I'll be firmer with the grandchildren..I will.....I will...
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
23 Jul 2012 10:16PM
I use an x10 but its not something I`d recommend to a none photographer who was about to go travelling.

Quote:His choice was the NEX 7 system

That I can believe Smile
CathyT e2
8 7.3k 18 United Kingdom
24 Jul 2012 9:32PM
From a review on the Wex site.... Fuji X10

Quote:My main reason for posting an early review was to warn Mac users that the RAF (RAW) files do not work in Aperture or iPhoto
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
24 Jul 2012 9:35PM
Yeh it was the same with lightroom and Photoshop, it was a good month before these programs could handle the raws.

I was an ealy adopter to the x10 from the serial number 000127 Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.