Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Good Compact Camera

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
CathyT
CathyT e2 Member 87276 forum postsCathyT vcard United Kingdom18 Constructive Critique Points
24 Jul 2012 - 9:39 PM

So the more recent models are OK??...or rather the software has caught up??

Last Modified By CathyT at 24 Jul 2012 - 9:40 PM
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
24 Jul 2012 - 9:39 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315182 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
24 Jul 2012 - 9:41 PM

I don`t use a mac but I would have thought the raw support was added long ago.

User_Removed
24 Jul 2012 - 10:07 PM

Cathy iPhoto and Aperture (and other programs like ACDSee that depend on Apple's Digital Camera RAW Compatibility Update) still don't support X10 raws according to Apple. There's support for newer cameras like the S100 though Smile

User_Removed
24 Jul 2012 - 10:14 PM

Quote: I don`t use a mac but I would have thought the raw support was added long ago.

No seems it wasn't. Little bit of digging and apparently it's down to the "weird sensor". HTH.

24-07-2012-22-13-06.jpg

Last Modified By User_Removed at 24 Jul 2012 - 10:16 PM
Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315182 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
24 Jul 2012 - 10:23 PM

Quote: No seems it wasn't. Little bit of digging and apparently it's down to the "weird sensor". HTH

Nothing to do with the sensor, its the software that`s at fault. It does not even support the Xpro 1.

User_Removed
24 Jul 2012 - 11:03 PM

If it's not to do with the sensor, why are those people saying it is and why doesn't the software support the cameras with those kind of sensors? Judging by your posts on the subject they seem to know more about it than you? People also complaining about trying to open those raws in Photoshop and Lightroom. Is that why you prefer to shoot jpeg?

EDIT
Ah! That explains why you were slagging off raw processing the other day, calling it "messing"! I suppose it would put you off if the raw format of your beloved Fuji was a nightmare to process in industry standard tools like LR and Photoshop ACR and wasn't even supported by Apple! I'd want to keep that quiet too, not mention it when blowing the X10 trumpet Wink

Last Modified By User_Removed at 24 Jul 2012 - 11:11 PM
Paul Morgan
24 Jul 2012 - 11:16 PM

Quote: Judging by your posts on the subject they seem to know more about it than you?

Reading comics, pretty much sums you up Smile

"Has anyone had problems importing RAW and JPEG images. Message pops up that 'Files could not be read'. Using Nikon D7000 and P 5000. Had no problems until the upgrade. I do not know if I am doing something wrong"

? ? You joker Smile

Read some where on there where some one was going on about the x100 being supported but not the x10, they then went on to explain the reason being the x10 used an exr sensor but the x100 didn`t.

You and your comics Smile

User_Removed
24 Jul 2012 - 11:27 PM

Yeah that Apple comic where they don't support the camera's raw format? The review that Cathy mentioned - must be another comic!

Those Adobe comics too

People are just making things up about LR like "RAWs are terrible through ACR/LR. The cameras Jpegs are better more fine detail, more natural color. The only thing better in LR is NR control iin the dark shadows over the in camera jpegs (but not in raw) and highlight recovery - which is exceptional for APSC. The camera really doesnt need a lot of NR to begin with. It's a great camera, and I love it, but I am not sure I can live without LR. The sensor is awesome clearly, but the workflow is atrocious if silkypix is the only option."

Paul, those people are only doing it to wind you up. Not because there's a real problem processing the raws Wink

Paul Morgan
24 Jul 2012 - 11:30 PM

Quote: The cameras Jpegs are better more fine detail, more natural color

Where do you get this stuff Smile

What is natural about, Provia, Velvia, Astia, that`s what you get with jpegs, a choice to simulate film types.

But did you realise you can shoot in raw, then process in camera, very handy Smile

http://www.fujifilm.com/products/digital_cameras/x/fujifilm_x10/features/page_04...

Last Modified By Paul Morgan at 24 Jul 2012 - 11:47 PM
User_Removed
24 Jul 2012 - 11:48 PM

Quote: But did you realise you can shoot in raw, then process in camera, very handy

Er that's how digital cameras work Paul...

The web is full of 'that stuff' Paul. You seem to be the lone voice saying things like "process your raw in camera"

Quote:
The DPReview in depth review has been published and, for the first time ever, I read that the camera generated JPG outperforms the developed Raw file by a large margin, mostly due the radically different non-Bayer sensor design. I'm going on vacation in less than a week. I'll be shooting Raw+JPG knowing that, for the most of the shoots, I'll be going for the JPG version.

Above From The Official Adobe Forums Here

Paul, I think the easy way is to tell Cathy that you know what you're talking about whereas DPReview, Adobe and Apple don't have a clue about that kind of thing.

Last Modified By User_Removed at 24 Jul 2012 - 11:49 PM
Paul Morgan
24 Jul 2012 - 11:50 PM

You good at misquoting and a total ****** Smile Smile

User_Removed
25 Jul 2012 - 12:01 AM

LMFAO!!!

When you're losing the argument start with the insults!

Paul Morgan
25 Jul 2012 - 12:14 AM

All you do is misquote and link to dodgy information from certain threads from certain sites Smile

User_Removed
25 Jul 2012 - 12:17 AM

Feel free to link to information that contradicts what I've seen. Do Apple really support X10 raw format and both they and I (plus guy Cathy quotes) are lying that they don't? Show me a link...

Paul Morgan
25 Jul 2012 - 12:25 AM

If Apple say they don`t support the raws why should I think otherwise, you need your head examining Smile

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.