Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Good Compact Camera

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

User_Removed
25 Jul 2012 - 12:42 AM

You think otherwise because you say "I would have thought the raw support was added long ago." and when I show you some links that say it's not true you say "All you do is misquote and link to dodgy information from certain threads from certain sites". It seems that it's your head, Paul, that requires examination.

On the subject of those raw files. I will trust a DPReview review more than I'll trust anything you say. In their review DPReview say about raw performance"While there are noticeable differences in contrast and color rendition as well as minor sharpness distinctions between the ACR and SilyPix Raw conversions, it is immediately obvious in the samples below that neither file contains as much detail as the in-camera JPEG. This strongly suggests that the unique EXR sensor data is not being demosaiced for optimal results by either of the raw converters, both of which officially support the X10."

Unlike the DPR Forums a DPR Review isn't a dodgy thread. That point of view is backed up on the Adobe forums too as well as thousands of other places where Fuji owners are complaining about the raw files. Those who are lucky enough to be able to load them.

If you think there's no problem that's because you've got your head in the sand.

25-07-2012-00-41-18.jpg

Last Modified By User_Removed at 25 Jul 2012 - 12:44 AM
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
25 Jul 2012 - 12:42 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1314957 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
25 Jul 2012 - 1:20 AM

Chris is google your only friend.

Type anything into a search engine and it will come up trumps with people complaining, and it would be just the same if you typed in s100 raw problems.

There are plenty of x10 users on this site including myself, yet you, somebody who does not use one has problems with its raws ?

User_Removed
25 Jul 2012 - 1:52 AM

DPReview had problems with the raws Paul.

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1314957 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
25 Jul 2012 - 2:03 AM

What version of LR and what operating system was he using, and if the sensor had been replaced, was the camera also recalibrated, seems there`s been a few issues of sensor replacements, missing the recalibration.

Raw fuji files process fine on my pc, can`t say I`ve ever had any problems with LR.

CathyT
CathyT e2 Member 87271 forum postsCathyT vcard United Kingdom18 Constructive Critique Points
25 Jul 2012 - 9:34 AM

So is that a yes or a no??...If i was to buy a Fuji X10 would the raw work flow work on my iMac?? Capture 1 ( 6.3) Photoshop 5 and Nik stuff??

User_Removed
25 Jul 2012 - 10:40 AM

Think you have to read the links Cathy and make your own mind up. All I find is people complaining that the programs that do support raw from the camera still can't sharpen the raws properly and jpegs are better and that the Mac programs that depend on Lion to parse the files can't access that camera's raw files and seemingly never will.

Paul disagrees with a lot of this, just the other day he described raw processing as "messing on", make of that what you will. I do love him though.

CathyT
CathyT e2 Member 87271 forum postsCathyT vcard United Kingdom18 Constructive Critique Points
25 Jul 2012 - 11:03 AM

Perhaps with the release of Mountain Lion this will be sorted......Wink

User_Removed
25 Jul 2012 - 11:11 AM

I doubt it, the Digital Camera Raw Compatibility update is on a different update cycle to the OS itself. The X10 has been overlooked many times now, yet newer cameras get support.

You could go on hunger strike....

25-07-2012-11-06-42.jpg

theorderingone
25 Jul 2012 - 11:26 AM

Apologies for going off topic, but all these screen grabs of Google reminded me of this...

untitled-1.jpg

It works with most politicians. Nick Clegg is NSFW though.

mikehit
mikehit  46187 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
25 Jul 2012 - 11:40 AM

I'm not quite sure what the connection is....
but it is amusing.

theorderingone
25 Jul 2012 - 12:19 PM

Well, if the first few search terms are to be taken as gospel, David Cameron is indeed a lizard. There are even images to prove it. Wink

By the same token, I'd be careful about eating. Tongue

1-untitled-1.jpg

theorderingone
25 Jul 2012 - 12:25 PM

And breathing... Tongue

2-untitled-1.jpg

theorderingone
25 Jul 2012 - 12:36 PM

Anyway, enough japery for one day. Those looking for RAW support for their Fuji can use Capture One (on Mac, or PC).

CathyT
25 Jul 2012 - 1:05 PM

Is that Phase One....(Capture 1)

Paul Morgan
25 Jul 2012 - 5:22 PM

Quote: Paul disagrees with a lot of this, just the other day he described raw processing as "messing on", make of that what you will. I do love him though

Your still misquoting, what an a*** and a waist of space.

Cathy I`m not familiar with mac software, I just know that the raw`s work perfectly well on my windows pc using LR 3, the final version before LR4.

If there are issues opening the raw files, it down to the software being used, its a pity Aperture can`t get it right.

Quote: So is that a yes or a no??...If i was to buy a Fuji X10 would the raw work flow work on my iMac?? Capture 1 ( 6.3) Photoshop 5 and Nik stuff??

It really is an excellent little camera, its now tempting me to pick up its bigger sister the x100.

There`s part of a review here explaining some of its features.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCVy506wbwc&feature=related

Last Modified By Paul Morgan at 25 Jul 2012 - 5:26 PM

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.