Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Good move by Calumet UK

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Britman
    Britman  71669 forum posts England
    17 Jan 2013 - 6:20 PM

Yes it is PR but it's a good move by Calumet.

Manufacturer Warranty Repairs

http://www.calumetphoto.co.uk/eng/pages/futurephotoretail.cfm?t=CM02&a=CM02&...

Last Modified By Britman at 17 Jan 2013 - 6:20 PM
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    17 Jan 2013 - 6:20 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

paulcookphotography

You can also contact your manufacturer directly and they will give you the details of your nearest agent. Clever wording by Calumet there, but good for people to know that they dont lose out just because the shop they bought it from is gone.

RoyChilds
    RoyChilds e2 Member 653 forum postsRoyChilds vcard England
    17 Jan 2013 - 7:10 PM

Will they take my vouchers Grin

scottishphototours

Surprised that Calumet have never really made more of their presence in the UK, they're far better than Jessops ever were...

thewilliam
    18 Jan 2013 - 10:39 AM

Over the last few years, Calumet have repositioned to cater for the semi-pro and enthusiast market: very wise because these folk have the money to spend. The average full-timer tends to be skint, or at least "careful" with his/her money.

steve_p
    steve_p  81073 forum posts United Kingdom
    18 Jan 2013 - 11:20 AM

Quote: Surprised that Calumet have never really made more of their presence in the UK, they're far better than Jessops ever were...

If you're a pro or semi pro yes. But not if you are a hobbyist/ enthusiast. My other post says how I was ignored twice in my nearest branch, because I was wearing my work uniform!
    I've found LCE in Worcester good but I don't go there very often nowadays.

mattw
    mattw  105189 forum posts United Kingdom10 Constructive Critique Points
    18 Jan 2013 - 2:50 PM

Quote: Surprised that Calumet have never really made more of their presence in the UK, they're far better than Jessops ever were...

Its possible that we may see a company like Calumet or Wex expand and add a store or two over the next few years.

Nick_w
    Nick_w e2 Member 63723 forum postsNick_w vcard England98 Constructive Critique Points
    18 Jan 2013 - 2:57 PM

Its possible that we may see a company like Calumet or Wex expand and add a store or two over the next few years.

I'd be surprised, Calumet closed some stores last year. although where Jessops made the mistake was getting prime high street locations, high rents, no parking Calumet have out of centre stores in more industrial park areas, lower rant - and parking.

JJGEE
    JJGEE  96098 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
    18 Jan 2013 - 3:11 PM

Quote: If you're a pro or semi pro yes. But not if you are a hobbyist/ enthusiast

That is why I find their statement a little confusing.

How many former Jessops customers like hobbyists / enthusiast are interested in rental, for example ?

Britman
    Britman  71669 forum posts England
    18 Jan 2013 - 3:19 PM

Quote: If you're a pro or semi pro yes. But not if you are a hobbyist/ enthusiast
    That is why I find their statement a little confusing.

How many former Jessops customers like hobbyists / enthusiast are interested in rental, for example ?

Probably not loads however how many of said hobbyist are even aware you can hire camera gear?
    Calumet could offer a try before you buy, rent the camera you're thinking of upgrading to, then if you like it buy it from them and get the rental price knocked off the sale price.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.