Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Good move by Calumet UK

Britman 8 1.7k England
17 Jan 2013 6:20PM
Yes it is PR but it's a good move by Calumet.

Manufacturer Warranty Repairs

http://www.calumetphoto.co.uk/eng/pages/futurephotoretail.cfm?t=CM02&a=CM02&cal

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

17 Jan 2013 6:50PM
You can also contact your manufacturer directly and they will give you the details of your nearest agent. Clever wording by Calumet there, but good for people to know that they dont lose out just because the shop they bought it from is gone.
17 Jan 2013 7:10PM
Will they take my vouchers Grin
scottishphototours 10 2.6k 2 Scotland
18 Jan 2013 10:07AM
Surprised that Calumet have never really made more of their presence in the UK, they're far better than Jessops ever were...
thewilliam 6 4.8k
18 Jan 2013 10:39AM
Over the last few years, Calumet have repositioned to cater for the semi-pro and enthusiast market: very wise because these folk have the money to spend. The average full-timer tends to be skint, or at least "careful" with his/her money.
steve_p 9 1.1k England
18 Jan 2013 11:20AM

Quote:Surprised that Calumet have never really made more of their presence in the UK, they're far better than Jessops ever were...

If you're a pro or semi pro yes. But not if you are a hobbyist/ enthusiast. My other post says how I was ignored twice in my nearest branch, because I was wearing my work uniform!
I've found LCE in Worcester good but I don't go there very often nowadays.
mattw 11 5.2k 10 United Kingdom
18 Jan 2013 2:50PM

Quote:Surprised that Calumet have never really made more of their presence in the UK, they're far better than Jessops ever were...

Its possible that we may see a company like Calumet or Wex expand and add a store or two over the next few years.
Nick_w e2
7 4.1k 99 England
18 Jan 2013 2:57PM

Its possible that we may see a company like Calumet or Wex expand and add a store or two over the next few years.

I'd be surprised, Calumet closed some stores last year. although where Jessops made the mistake was getting prime high street locations, high rents, no parking Calumet have out of centre stores in more industrial park areas, lower rant - and parking.
JJGEE 9 6.4k 18 England
18 Jan 2013 3:11PM

Quote:If you're a pro or semi pro yes. But not if you are a hobbyist/ enthusiast

That is why I find their statement a little confusing.

How many former Jessops customers like hobbyists / enthusiast are interested in rental, for example ?
Britman 8 1.7k England
18 Jan 2013 3:19PM

Quote:If you're a pro or semi pro yes. But not if you are a hobbyist/ enthusiast
That is why I find their statement a little confusing.

How many former Jessops customers like hobbyists / enthusiast are interested in rental, for example ?

Probably not loads however how many of said hobbyist are even aware you can hire camera gear?
Calumet could offer a try before you buy, rent the camera you're thinking of upgrading to, then if you like it buy it from them and get the rental price knocked off the sale price.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.