Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Good percentage for pictures?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
LisaRose
LisaRose  7172 forum posts United States4 Constructive Critique Points
23 Apr 2007 - 12:20 AM

Now that we can see the percentages of votes to views, I am curious to what people think a good percentage is? Some of my pictures have a lot of votes, but the percentage is in the low 20's. What do you think??
Lisa

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
23 Apr 2007 - 12:20 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1214383 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
23 Apr 2007 - 12:49 AM

I think a ratio of 1/3 would be very good.

DaveU
DaveU e2 Member 81339 forum postsDaveU vcard England121 Constructive Critique Points
23 Apr 2007 - 8:05 AM

Before version 4 my click to view ratio somewhere between 1 click for every 3 to 4 views. Since version 4 it's been 1 click for every 5 views i.e., under 20%. Anyone else noticed a change in stats since V4?

KarenFB
KarenFB Junior Gallery Team 74167 forum postsKarenFB vcard England160 Constructive Critique Points
23 Apr 2007 - 8:20 AM

Yes, the c&c's have gone right down. Then again it was the Easter holidays so I'm assuming folks have been away or too busy.

Nic_WA
Nic_WA  9179 forum posts Australia2 Constructive Critique Points
23 Apr 2007 - 8:39 AM

When the stats were first introduced (with the launch of e2) I think it was discovered that each time we looked at our own picture it was registering as an additional view. This was changed so that our own views didn't count in the stats.

I've noticed since V4 was launched my ratio is down to around 1 click in 4 views whereas before it was between 1 in 2 or 3 clicks to views. I'm wondering if our views are registering again.

User_Removed
23 Apr 2007 - 8:41 AM

Maybe it's the amount of pics uploaded.
Maybe it is because of B"hols.....
But in my case , even under the old guise.. it was too time consuming because of the amount of scrolling I had to do to load next pic.
I've suggested on a number of occasions, having the facility to jump the normal, larger size (not e2 larger) to next image.
Instead of scrolling down and clicking on the next/previous pic there.
v4 has had added it's own difficulties by jumping around and lagging behind keystrokes/links etc....... and I still had to scroll!!!!.
So....from commenting on a regular basis, my involvement deteriorated to just clicking..... lately in v4 to not even that, and shame on me. Not viewing at all.
Must also say, since the new mods appointments, not bothering with the forum either. Sorry to be so negative......Am I the only one? Duh! not both........!! [;-((
Col

Last Modified By Dave at 23 Apr 2007 - 8:44 AM
dougv
dougv Site Moderator 108357 forum postsdougv vcard England3 Constructive Critique Points
23 Apr 2007 - 9:37 AM

Quote: Must also say, since the new mods appointments, not bothering with the forum either.

Can I ask why?
Have we done something to offend you in any way?
I'm rather puzzled by your comment, so please do tell us what is bothering you.

Doug Wink

skeletor
skeletor  101639 forum posts England
23 Apr 2007 - 10:15 AM

Quote: Can I ask why?

Oh no! I can hear floodgates opening.
Wink

Steve

BigCol
BigCol e2 Member 121835 forum postsBigCol vcard Scotland1 Constructive Critique Points
23 Apr 2007 - 10:19 AM

Just had a look at my stat's, doesn't normally worry me too much but thought I'd take a look at what all the fuss is about, and noticed that, according to the stat's, this image has had 6 views but 15 votes (?) giving that particular image a percentage ratio of 250%! Neat. Smile

SteveCharles
23 Apr 2007 - 10:41 AM

Don't know about anyone else but I find the percentages pretty pointless. My most 'successful' image has over 1200 views, 80 votes and an EC - but a percentage of 6.6%. Yet images with less than 20 votes have 40%. So which is more successful? 40% of the people who looked may have voted, but if only 30 people looked in the first place, it's not really that great!

MediumSizeUnavailable

exactly my thought... the stats are interesting to see, but you have to put them a bit into perspective. Generally 1 on 3 is a very good result I think, but well, it hardly is if you only have 9 views and 3 clicks (unless all your other photos had 9 views and 0 clicks, in which case I guess you're on the right way, but with still a very long way to go). Same with photos with very high views (nudies, EC's)... they also tend to get a lot of clicks, but in percentage they really drop to 15 percent or even lower. In case of the nudies I think the reasons are obvious - people are just enjoying the view :o)
In case of the ECs a lot of people might actually be clicking/not clicking on whether or not they do or don't agree with Pete's choice of an EC, rather then whether or not they actually like the picture.

and yep... have the impression that the percentages went down a bit since V4 started, and - the painful irony - since I post pics I took with my 5D rather than my compact :o)

Last Modified By Dave at 23 Apr 2007 - 3:31 PM
digicammad
digicammad e2 Member 1021988 forum postsdigicammad vcard United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
23 Apr 2007 - 3:34 PM

For me, the number of views shows how much the thumbnail stood out and the number of clicks shows for how many of those viewing the large image lived up to the expectations created by the thumbnail.

Smile

Ian

keithh
keithh  1022557 forum posts Wallis and Futuna29 Constructive Critique Points
23 Apr 2007 - 3:49 PM

I'd disagree with that, Ian, as there are way too many other variables to throw into that simple equation.

But interestingly my stats have changed since the launch of version 4...and so have the viewing times.

digicammad
digicammad e2 Member 1021988 forum postsdigicammad vcard United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
23 Apr 2007 - 3:52 PM

I must admit I was being a little tongue in cheek Keith, hence the smiley. The only thing I know for certain is that the level of views, comments and clicks on mine has reduced dramatically since the introduction of v4. Perhaps my shots have just got worse. Sad

mdpontin
mdpontin  96016 forum posts Scotland
23 Apr 2007 - 3:54 PM

It's just stress Ian. Your stats will no doubt pick up in a few months. Wink

Doug

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.