Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Good to go batteries?

MrGoatsmilk 6 1.5k England
13 Aug 2012 11:16PM
Has anyone tried the Good to Go batteries from 7 dayshop? I was looking at Eneloop when I saw the 7DS ones listed. I have used their std NiMH AA batteries before but find they don't seem to hold charge as I would expect and I feel I can't rely on them for use in a flash gun. Duracell ones I have been using seem much better. I can't help but wonder if the 7dayshop NiMH are what they say they are they seem to behave more like NiCAD batteries.

I'm thinking I would be better just going for Eneloop and having confidence in the batteries in my bag.

Thanks

Stu

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

robthecamman 3 1.4k United Kingdom
13 Aug 2012 11:29PM
easy read reviews of 7 day shop
13 Aug 2012 11:37PM

Quote:Easy read reviews of 7 day shop

I did look there first however it says "be the first to review this product" so not that easy then.

I have done a Google search and read a few reviews on other sites but thought I would ask here as its one of the best places to ask to get real world experience and it helps to keep the forums going.
scottishphototours 10 2.6k 2 Scotland
13 Aug 2012 11:38PM
I own 16 sets of Eneloops and 8 chargers, one of the best investments in many years and 100% reliable in the 3 years of using them. Highly recommended!
13 Aug 2012 11:40PM

Quote:I own 16 sets of Eneloops and 8 chargers, one of the best investments in many years and 100% reliable in the 3 years of using them. Highly recommended!

Sounds like they get quite a beating and put up with it without issue.

Cheers for that Smile
Cephus 10 2.2k England
14 Aug 2012 9:08AM
Onother vote for Eneloop, they are the Mutt's Nuts!!
saltireblue e2
4 4.3k 26 Norway
14 Aug 2012 9:13AM
Eneloops get my vote.
14 Aug 2012 10:13AM
I bought 4 sets of Good to Go and I'm well pleased with them. Also got the trickle charger, which cost about 90p. I had previously been using Tron rechargeable batteries from Lidl, which though being alright, would have lost their charge over the space of a few days. I know Eneloops are reputed to be the best, but Good to Go cost less. I don't know how long they retain charge for, they haven't died yet while lying in the bag!
Coleslaw e2
9 13.4k 28 Wales
15 Aug 2012 8:56PM

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.