Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Good website company to use? Pref with online shop facility.

chelle 9 77
21 Jul 2011 2:25PM
Hi all!

I wondered if anybody had any recommendations for me? I want to start up my own photography business and really need to get a website up and running as soon as poss.

I can't afford to pay someone else to deign a website for me so I am just planning on using a website company with template designs already created.

Does anybody have any experience of a cheap-ish website company that I could use to set up my site? I am looking for professional looking templates with an integrated online shop facility so that I can sell prints via my website.

Who do you all use?

Thanks in advance!

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

BillyGoatGruff e2
7 191 199 England
21 Jul 2011 2:41PM
User_Removed 12 2.8k 11 United Kingdom
21 Jul 2011 5:32PM
Photium. You really can't go wrong.
Easy to build, easy to use and the back up is very quick and reliable.
conrad 10 10.9k 116
22 Jul 2011 3:00PM
Sister site Foliopic , of course!
wheresjp 7 102 United Kingdom
25 Jul 2011 11:29PM
If you fancy making your own and are creative, I recommend a piece of software that I recently purchased for the same reason as yourself. It is called Serif Webplus x5. It requires no programming what so ever! Just youtube Serif Webplus x5 to see how easy it is. I used to program my own but due to busy work I find this the easy option. ANd its a very reasonably priced. It has the feature of eshop.

See what you think.
Pete e2
13 18.5k 96 England
25 Jul 2011 11:37PM
Have a look at my site created using foliopic. You can try the 14 day free trial and until the end of July have a free lite version for a year ...you need the more advanced options to sell prints though.
App1962 3 7 Australia
11 Aug 2011 1:21AM
I use Photobiz.com, nice people, awesome service, good range of templates
jimthistle73 10 2.4k 1 United Kingdom
11 Aug 2011 1:27AM
Websites for photographers by Photium. I started off with these guys, then much later, paid a professional company a decent wad of cash for a custom built site, before returning to Photium. Along the way I've tried a few other template sites but none have come close in terms of ease of use and customer support. No relation, just honest opinion.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.