Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Goodbye Gadaffi?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

spaceman
spaceman  105166 forum posts Wales3 Constructive Critique Points
21 Oct 2011 - 10:48 PM

Quote: There's major change occurring in the Arab countries, but there's also change taking place in the west; in the US in particular. The reason, of course, is that with the present economic situation, people are just fed up with their governments spending Billions on wars in foreign lands, that don't seem to make one iota of positive change in anybody's lives, and finally, governments have to listen, or be thrown out. Huge changes are about to take place in the US, that will affect us all eventually. Canada has already been told that it is not exempt from the new US policy of Buy USA. The big manufacturing companies are already talking of returning offshore jobs to the US, and doing more of the manufacturing using US workers, which makes sense. I don't think the US will be seen meddling in other's affairs near as much as has been the norm. The US is not as dependent on foreign energy sources or raw materials as Europe, so I can see future interference in countries such as Libya being led by European nations and their militaries, rather than the US.

Nope. America's addiction to power means that the age of endless war is upon us.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
21 Oct 2011 - 10:48 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

gcarth
gcarth e2 Member 102239 forum postsgcarth vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
22 Oct 2011 - 8:27 AM

Quote: Nope. America's addiction to power means that the age of endless war is upon us.

I agree: The Neo-Con Crazies are still very much in control with Obama doing their bidding - this man has thoroughly disappointed me - he is no Democrat.

pabloisme
pabloisme  4565 forum posts England
22 Oct 2011 - 8:59 AM

COME ON; "o'bamber" is NOT IN CHARGE, MONEY IS

always was, always will be

NOW smoke screen? or conspiracy?

now they are trying to get fired up undisclipined arab militia to explain why they killed the loony dictator (who killed many thousands)

I am surpried he wasnt slotted first OFF?

NOW: is it because they killed the bearded saudi/yemeni Bin Laden in the terrorist state of pakistan adhoc and wanted to do the same here?

or just want to be heard?

Last Modified By pabloisme at 22 Oct 2011 - 9:01 AM
Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139385 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
22 Oct 2011 - 9:39 AM

Sorry but , as a photo/video enthusiast, I had a guilty grin at this bit: “The actual moment of death is missing completely. And what did they film this on? A Nokia 3310? Come on guys, the new iPhone 4S shoots HD.”

collywobles
22 Oct 2011 - 11:11 AM

Quote: There's major change occurring in the Arab countries

Yes but I cannot get my head around what the underlying rationale is - just dont trust it all.

pabloisme
pabloisme  4565 forum posts England
22 Oct 2011 - 11:16 AM

Quote: just dont trust it all.

arabs? you DONT TRUST!

Zatoichi
Zatoichi  5707 forum posts United Kingdom
22 Oct 2011 - 11:44 AM

Quote: America's addiction to power means that the age of endless war is upon us.

Absolutely. On 14 October, Barack Obama announced he was sending United States special forces troops to Uganda to join the civil war there. Expect similar in South Sudan, Congo and Central African Republic. Not to mention his drone wars in Pakistan, Somalia and the Yemen. There are US military currently operating in 75 countries.

Quote: the loony dictator (who killed many thousands)

Maybe so. Oddly though we never hear much about the number of civilians we murder with our bombs, but that's unimportant. Best to 'tow the line' before NATOs bombs start falling on us, probably for humanitarian reasons.

Quote: arabs? you DONT TRUST!

Its the rhetoric spat out by our leaders on a daily basis that I don't trust.

Zatoichi
22 Oct 2011 - 12:46 PM

Probably got myself on the 'terrorist list' for mentioning that. Oh well.

User_Removed
22 Oct 2011 - 1:45 PM

Quote: with the present economic situation, people are just fed up with their governments spending Billions on wars in foreign lands

Aren't the wars helpful to the economy? Not that I'm advocating war at all.

Zatoichi
22 Oct 2011 - 4:17 PM

Quote: Aren't the wars helpful to the economy? Not that I'm advocating war at all.

LoL.

StrayCat
StrayCat  1014407 forum posts Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
22 Oct 2011 - 8:22 PM

Ahh! What do I know.

gcarth
gcarth e2 Member 102239 forum postsgcarth vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
24 Oct 2011 - 1:58 PM

Quote: Probably got myself on the 'terrorist list' for mentioning that. Oh well.

Yes, probably next to my name! Smile I'm always banging on about the terrorism meted out by the West - the irony of the situation is that there is morally, little if any difference between Western and Arab nations: we all have our fair share of extremists and terrorists. I don't see the Westerners and Arabs as good and bad guys - I see the warmongers and lying propagandists on both sides as bad guys..Sad.

Quote: Maybe so. Oddly though we never hear much about the number of civilians we murder with our bombs, but that's unimportant. Best to 'tow the line' before NATOs bombs start falling on us, probably for humanitarian reasons.

Yep. As I've said before the BBC is one of the worst offenders for propagating the governement lies mainly by omission of certain facts or simply not questioning dubious government assertions: For instance, did Gadaffi really threaten genocide - maybe he did but I have read that this was Western government propaganda that provided an excuse for Western intervention. Of course Gadaffi was apparently a most unsavoury beast - you only have to look at his cruel face - but I think it was up to the Libyan people to overthrow Gadaffi. I have the distinct feeling that there are likely to be more innocent lives lost in Libya (as in Iraq) in the longer term as tribal or other factional battles break out. This is likely to occur as the West imposes its chosen stooge to lead Libya and dictate economic terms that screw the Libyans to feed the West's economic greed.
As I understand it, the Neo-Cons declared intention is to control and dominate the Arab world including many African states. Obama is going along with this just as surely as Bush before him.

mikehit
mikehit  46105 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
24 Oct 2011 - 4:33 PM

Quote: Absolutely. On 14 October, Barack Obama announced he was sending United States special forces troops to Uganda to join the civil war there. Expect similar in South Sudan, Congo and Central African Republic. Not to mention his drone wars in Pakistan, Somalia and the Yemen. There are US military currently operating in 75 countries.

In the late 1960s there was a proposal in the House of Commons that UK should do away with its army and create a force of 600 highly trained special forces who would be used as assassins to target the leader of any country that threatened the UKs interest.
It sounds like it is coming true....

mikehit
mikehit  46105 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
24 Oct 2011 - 4:36 PM

Quote: As I've said before the BBC is one of the worst offenders for propagating the governement lies mainly by omission of certain facts or simply not questioning dubious government assertions: For instance, did Gadaffi really threaten genocide - maybe he did but I have read that this was Western government propaganda that provided an excuse for Western intervention.

It isn't he BBC it is the whole of the British (Western?) media in hock to the parliamentary lobby system - feed this one out and we will incldue you in early announcements of the next major announcements. The press have become too cosy with politicians.
This is an intriguing book, depressing and jaw-dropping at the same time:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Flat-Earth-News-Award-winning-Distortion/dp/0701181451/...

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.