Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Goodbye Gadaffi?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

f8
f8  119169 forum posts England22 Constructive Critique Points
25 Oct 2011 - 7:34 PM

Quote Ultimately violence breeds violence......... but does tolerance breed tolerance?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
25 Oct 2011 - 7:34 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

answersonapostcard
answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012603 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
25 Oct 2011 - 7:40 PM

Would be nice if it did

Zatoichi
Zatoichi  5707 forum posts United Kingdom
25 Oct 2011 - 10:13 PM

Quote: Quote Ultimately violence breeds violence......... but does tolerance breed tolerance?

If you grow up with the idea of tolerance and not discrimination, bigotry and violence..........People aren't born with preconceptions, they are formed usually as a reflection of the society you live in and the experience you have (the society you live in). Serial killers aren't born, they are made.

pabloisme
pabloisme  4565 forum posts England
26 Oct 2011 - 8:42 AM

JackAllTog the surgeone would vote for sharia................................... think of all the overturned cases BY UK courts and EU courts.......................... of the amputations?

Quote: Quote: Quote Ultimately violence breeds violence......... but does tolerance breed tolerance?

If you grow up with the idea of tolerance and not discrimination, bigotry and violence..........People aren't born with preconceptions, they are formed usually as a reflection of the society you live in and the experience you have (the society you live in). Serial killers aren't born, they are made.

wot! so taking this back a bit, and at a local level, does this work for ALL offences? serial driving offenders are made?

moving on (or down!).... REALLY dodgey MP's and criminally motivated journos, dodgey bankers ALL MADE? so their parents and or schools were wrong? imprison the parents, CLOSE THE schools punish the offending parentis loco LINK for mikehit (only 3 main schools for MP's? mmmm they could be photographic discussion centres?) plus it looks like oxford and cambridge will be quiet as well?

NO! IF SO who trains them? and or WHO takes the blame AND the punishment, the burglar who beats an OAP up in the middle of the night or the parents/schools?

mikehit
mikehit  56463 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
26 Oct 2011 - 9:18 AM

Phew, back to normal. I am less confident I understood that post, Pablo.

How does the quote you put in your post suggest that serial dring offenders are 'made'? Ditto the other cases.
And why did you refer to me in your link about loco parentis?

And your last sentence is just gobbledegook: are you saying it is right the burglar gets punished or do you think the schools should be? I can't tell what your point is because it is so poorly written.

pabloisme
26 Oct 2011 - 10:04 AM

Zatoichi: made the quote:

And why did you refer to me in your link about loco parentis? = cos I knew you would rise to it!

BUT mike how did your pupils get on with you?

adios

mikehit
mikehit  56463 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
26 Oct 2011 - 10:09 AM

Zatoichi made the quote but your comments had nothing to do with the quote.

I didn't rise to anything. I asked why you used my name. This also begs the question as to who said I was a teacher....?

Last Modified By mikehit at 26 Oct 2011 - 10:10 AM
Zatoichi
26 Oct 2011 - 12:13 PM

Quote: Phew, back to normal. I am less confident I understood that post, Pablo.

Agreed, but here goes.

Quote: wot! so taking this back a bit, and at a local level, does this work for ALL offences? serial driving offenders are made?
moving on (or down!).... REALLY dodgey MP's and criminally motivated journos, dodgey bankers ALL MADE?

No, those are the exceptions. Their destinies were predetermined In utero, if it pleases you Wink

Zatoichi
28 Oct 2011 - 12:36 AM

Question Time tonight? did anyone mention Libya to ask why we are still bombing there? - I did need to go for a pee at one point.

Anyone know how long we intend to be there? Isn't the 'job' done? Are we 'helping' people who sodomise with knives?

More importantly, should we allow a demonstration to take place at St. Paul's? Wink

Good on you Dr Giles Fraser.

pabloisme
28 Oct 2011 - 6:59 AM

zatoichi: re libya

we are there cos there is OIL there, the same as Iraq,
(and the falklands which you will find in time, has vast quantities off shore! much to annoyance of the argies)

the oil companies led governments will do what ever they want to secure a bigger share for themselves, sarcastically and their OWN pockets as well.

Ps: in older age the need for frequent urination spoils many a TV show?

KevSB
KevSB  101407 forum posts United Kingdom5 Constructive Critique Points
28 Oct 2011 - 7:16 AM

The Olil was allready on the free market and run by british and american companies so using the oil card comes up short

Zatoichi
28 Oct 2011 - 12:45 PM

Quote: we are there cos there is OIL there, the same as Iraq,

I quite agree.

[quotePs: in older age the need for frequent urination spoils many a TV show?
[/quote]

Again, you're probably right but thankfully I don't indulge in much TV so the problem seems less so Grin

Quote: The Olil was allready on the free market and run by british and american companies so using the oil card comes up short

Not when you consider the share the Chinese (and Russian) had and the increasing influence (economic) they were having on Libya, building infrastructure in exchange for oil. 30,000 Chinese workers were evacuated when we started bombing. We don't like the Chinese having our oil Wink

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.