Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Google Glass

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014052 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
22 Feb 2013 - 6:59 AM

How about a camera that is always with you and instantly available ?
Could this be the future? It certainly looks pretty cool Smile

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
22 Feb 2013 - 6:59 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

answersonapostcard
answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012549 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
22 Feb 2013 - 7:27 AM

saw that the other day, looks brilliant - would love to try one (dont think I'll be able to ever afford one though - about 15k arent they? Grin )
edit :ah no, not as much as that, BlushGrinSmile ha!

Last Modified By answersonapostcard at 22 Feb 2013 - 7:32 AM
779HOB
779HOB  21003 forum posts United Kingdom
22 Feb 2013 - 8:25 AM

I'm waiting for the Borg implant - much tidier.

answersonapostcard
answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012549 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
22 Feb 2013 - 8:41 AM

Someone has already done that but I dont think it was that ummm... well... tidy ;-0

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318434 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
22 Feb 2013 - 8:56 AM

Its probably the closest we'll get before you can tap straight into the brain.
I saw some videos about these about a year ago and the testers at the time where saying how good it will be to be able to have a conversation and be looking at the news or something at the same time.

I don't know if you spend time with anyone who has a smart phone or other technology switched on all the time. You don't get a fair interaction, as they're switching between you and friends or email. I find the smartphone has become on intrusion - look around in pubs / cafes at couples / families who have phones. Many sit head down connecting with someone else. I can have a meeting with one person and their eyes are contently on the beeps of email alerts. These glasses will make that reduced engagement even more sparse.

One useful aspect that was mentioned was for say a medic performing a difficult task who could have some aid reading out on screen so he can continue while checking procedure (same would apply to electrician needing wiring diagram, model builder making model etc.)

On the camera side they do seem much neater than a head cam for sports and action but if you have an accident they're pretty close to the eyes.
Also it doesn't take a second to pick up the phone and take the shot at a party etc.

You can see I'm yet to be convinced!

davidburleson
davidburleson ePHOTOzine Staff 72303 forum postsdavidburleson vcard United Kingdom
22 Feb 2013 - 8:57 AM

I literally can't wait to get a pair. I hope they figure out something for us with prescription lenses. I see so much potential in the product and they have only just scratch the surface of the possibilities.

You have to have $1500 and be able to go to LA for a special 'fitting' session. Oh, and be selected by them to use them in this 'explorer' trial.

Last Modified By davidburleson at 22 Feb 2013 - 9:35 AM
779HOB
22 Feb 2013 - 9:01 AM

Quote: I find the smartphone has become on intrusion

100% agree with that.

Quote: One useful aspect that was mentioned was for say a medic performing a difficult task who could have some aid reading out on screen so he can continue while checking procedure (same would apply to electrician needing wiring diagram, model builder making model etc.)

I also see this being good in education. We spend hours recording procedures - everything from laying a course of bricks to bathing a baby for use on the VLE. This type of technology could save a lot of time and give a true view of how the person doing the task sees it.

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014052 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
22 Feb 2013 - 9:23 AM

Would sure as hell make meetings at work better Smile

dcash29
dcash29  81898 forum posts England
22 Feb 2013 - 9:31 AM

I dont wear glasses but i'd rather be seen in a conventional pair with a camera than this stupid design

And while their at it they could incorporate a bluetooth so that we dont have to see all the middle aged blokes walking around the streets with an ear piece

Last Modified By dcash29 at 22 Feb 2013 - 9:35 AM
NikLG
NikLG  81736 forum posts England
22 Feb 2013 - 9:33 AM

My favourite part of that vid was the ice sculptor using them to show him reference images. I'd love to use them like that, load them up with images then go off and sit anywhere I like and do a bit of drawing....though I'd look like a knob wearing them, of course....

answersonapostcard
22 Feb 2013 - 9:43 AM

Can see a use for them in the construction industry

779HOB
22 Feb 2013 - 9:49 AM

Quote: Can see a use for them in the construction industry

And the police.

answersonapostcard
22 Feb 2013 - 12:12 PM

talking of gadgets, thinking about getting one of these http://www.dezeen.com/2013/02/20/kickstarter-backs-3doodler-3d-printing-pen/

Grin

joolsb
joolsb  927115 forum posts Switzerland38 Constructive Critique Points
22 Feb 2013 - 1:15 PM

Quote: ....though I'd look like a knob wearing them, of course....

A bit like those Bluetooth earpieces that (thankfully) seem to be out of fashion these days.

Of course, if you belong to the sizeable minority of full-time spectacle-wearers then there's no point in bothering - unless they can make the little gizmo that generates the image available to clip on to any pair of glasses.

NikLG
NikLG  81736 forum posts England
22 Feb 2013 - 4:40 PM

Quote: Of course, if you belong to the sizeable minority of full-time spectacle-wearers then there's no point in bothering - unless they can make the little gizmo that generates the image available to clip on to any pair of glasses.

I have read somewhere that that is in the pipeline....could just be a rumour though...

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.