Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Google street view

Boyd 11 11.2k 11 Wales
12 Mar 2010 10:37AM
It's a pity you can't see Pete in the passenger seat next to you.
The photo must've been taken before you bought him the booster seat.

Smile

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Tricia e2
9 325 Ireland
12 Mar 2010 10:44AM
Lol how did you know Grin
Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
12 Mar 2010 10:44AM
I was bending down to pick my toys up
Metalhead 7 1.9k 2 England
12 Mar 2010 10:48AM
Wow, I'm glad this has been updated...

My street was photographed last summer on a Monday. Last summer as the neighbour's house was up for sale, and a Monday as the bins are out!

They've not fuzzed out some reg plates on the neighbour's cars though...
roxpix 11 2.2k 11 Scotland
12 Mar 2010 10:57AM

Quote:My street was photographed last summer on a Monday. Last summer as the neighbour's house was up for sale, and a Monday as the bins are out!

There were no real visible clues for my house other than plants in flower etc so I took a 'virtual' trip to the local newsagent and zoomed in on the newspaper headline billboards from two papers and google'd the headlines to tie it down to the exact date
12 Mar 2010 10:59AM
I've just taken a virtual stroll round Coniston without leaving my desk...

What a brilliant tool for checking out new locations. Grin
Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
12 Mar 2010 11:04AM

Quote:What a brilliant tool for checking out new locations.

Yes Karl Taylor suggest this in his Travel and Landscape Photography DVD I'm currently reviewing. It's a great idea. He showed an example in Paris of scouting around the Eiffel tower before he went. He found the only street view where he could get the buildings on both side and a clear view of the tower in the middle. He then marks the location on a map so he knows where to head when he arrives.
BEVZED e2
7 1.1k United Kingdom
12 Mar 2010 11:04AM
mmm .... finally got it to work, didn't do our park though - just went straight down the main road - over a hundred properties not shown at all Sad

thought they were supposed to blob out the number plates!!!!! EA03 UKE is as plain as day on the white van near Blue Anchor!
12 Mar 2010 11:37AM
They've even covered some of the smallest Scottish islands, like Colonsay, which only really has the one road round it... yet they've not covered the Isle of Man yet.

I'd have loved the job of driving up the west coast of Scotland... might actually have enjoyed a job for a change!

As well as scouting new locations, I could spend all day revisiting some of my favourite places I haven't been to in ages... It's brilliant!
kaybee 10 3.9k 24 Scotland
12 Mar 2010 2:13PM
I had a look at my parents house which is up for sale.
My mother is standing at the back door watching what is going on .................. spooky since she died just over a year ago
Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
12 Mar 2010 2:16PM

Quote:I had a look at my parents house which is up for sale.
My mother is standing at the back door watching what is going on .................. spooky since she died just over a year ago

Gosh that must have caused mixed emotions! shocked-light.jpg

Bellie 8 507
12 Mar 2010 3:14PM
Taken last year at mine by the looks of it before my Yukka died

and, 'they' make a fuss when you and I try and take innocent pics of buildings! Beggars belief really!
Henchard 9 2.7k 1 United Kingdom
12 Mar 2010 3:58PM
Well I remember standing taking photos in Santiago de Compostela when a man on a Google Tricycle came cycling by.

Guess what I just found? I've posted a screen grab here

yours truly (centre with blue jacket/yellow lining) with Canon 5D taking photographs.
daviewat 11 4.1k Scotland
12 Mar 2010 4:02PM

Quote:I had a look at my parents house which is up for sale.

Wilmas Dad is sitting in his front garden and he died almost 3 years ago now !!!!! mind you the image has been on google earth for a year or so now so a relativly old image.
digicammad 11 22.0k 37 United Kingdom
12 Mar 2010 5:05PM
Pretty impressive. They must have done our area before last June as Robbie's previous car is outside.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.