Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

googleleads .g. doubleclick.net

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

sdixon2380
sdixon2380 e2 Member 4sdixon2380 vcard United Kingdom
27 Feb 2013 - 4:29 PM

googleleads.g.doubleclick.net Can someone please help, why when I try to use the back button in IE9 do I see it is full of these pages and therefore I need to hit theback button 7 - 8 times to go back a page. I only get this with ePhotozine, is it a bug.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
27 Feb 2013 - 4:29 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

ikett
ikett  4351 forum posts England
27 Feb 2013 - 7:23 PM

Quote: googleleads.g.doubleclick.net

what does this mean in english? There are people still using IETongue

chris.maddock
27 Feb 2013 - 7:36 PM

Quote: googleleads.g.doubleclick.netwhat does this mean in english? There are people still using IETongue

it's junk that Adblock deals with rather nicely Grin

sdixon2380
28 Feb 2013 - 1:56 PM

I wish I knew what it means in English......I'll try Adblock but it appears to be all the adverts on this site that causes the problem. Maybe I should move from IE9 but I don't like Google Chrome so any suggestions greatly appreciated (clean ones anyway)

User_Removed
28 Feb 2013 - 2:19 PM

Might be a dodgy IE add-on that is trying to overwrite regular ads with other ads and messing up your browser. To trouble shoot it once and for all try running IE without add ons

oldblokeh
oldblokeh  3824 forum posts United Kingdom
28 Feb 2013 - 2:35 PM

I've seen the same problem in IE8 and IE9, Chris, and on IE9 with no plugins enabled. It's very sporadic, though, and seems to be related to particular Google ad rotators.

wing
wing  10453 forum posts United Kingdom
28 Feb 2013 - 4:20 PM

I've had the problem for a couple of years on here.
It relates to all the cookie's wanting access to your system. I only notice the same behaviour as quoted because I have third party cookies set to 'always prompt'.
If you go to 'Tools' - 'Internet Options', click the 'Privacy tab', then click on 'Advanced', it should give you the option to set or reset how your system handles cookies.
I don't bother with the back buttons on this site now, It's quicker when viewing posts to hit the Ephotozine logo and refresh the home page than to press the back key up to ten times just to go back one page!

adrian_w
adrian_w e2 Member 73355 forum postsadrian_w vcard Scotland4 Constructive Critique Points
28 Feb 2013 - 4:38 PM

Quote: press the back key up to ten times just to go back one page!

I had the same problem as well. Now I use Firefox for browsing EPZ as it doesn't have the same issues. Still use IE8 for other sites as Firefox is prone to freezing sometimes.

User_Removed
28 Feb 2013 - 8:03 PM

Do what wing suggests, that sounds like the answer to me

sdixon2380
28 Feb 2013 - 10:31 PM

Thanks eveyone for your comments and suggestions. Iinitially thought I had picked up a virus or malware but it seems not, it's the way this site works. I now have a few ideas to try out.

adrian_w
adrian_w e2 Member 73355 forum postsadrian_w vcard Scotland4 Constructive Critique Points
1 Mar 2013 - 10:37 AM

Quote: Do what wing suggests, that sounds like the answer to me

How does that explain why I only get this problem with IE8 on EPZ? Never happens on any other site.

User_Removed
1 Mar 2013 - 7:16 PM

It's because ePz uses scripts (many of which send cookies) from about 20 other sites. Other websites you use probably don't do that, (relying mainly on internal / self-hosted scripts). This is a screengrab of what scripts can run on a typical ePz page:

01-03-2013-19-12-33.jpg

adrian_w
1 Mar 2013 - 11:54 PM

tried the suggestions, now it tells me which sites are trying to send me cookies so I can block them. And yes there are plenty that are in your list. Trouble is it still doesn't speed up back clicking, still have to click 8-10 times before anything happens. Back to Firefox.

User_Removed
2 Mar 2013 - 12:19 AM

If you do what wing suggests and set your browser to automatically accept cookies it should fix things for you.

tomcat
tomcat e2 Member 95919 forum poststomcat vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
2 Mar 2013 - 9:10 PM

Quote: It's because ePz uses scripts (many of which send cookies) from about 20 other sites. Other websites you use probably don't do that

Then why does this site?

It is obviously the root cause of a lot of problems that folks have suffered - interesting that 50% of them are G***** related

Sorry Chris - can't bring myself to say the nameWink

I use the Sporting Life a lot, but never have any issues and look at the content that they deliverTongue

Adrian

Last Modified By tomcat at 2 Mar 2013 - 9:10 PM

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.