Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

googleleads .g. doubleclick.net

27 Feb 2013 4:29PM
googleleads.g.doubleclick.net Can someone please help, why when I try to use the back button in IE9 do I see it is full of these pages and therefore I need to hit theback button 7 - 8 times to go back a page. I only get this with ePhotozine, is it a bug.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

ikett e2
4 372 England
27 Feb 2013 7:23PM

Quote:googleleads.g.doubleclick.net
what does this mean in english? There are people still using IETongue
27 Feb 2013 7:36PM

Quote:googleleads.g.doubleclick.netwhat does this mean in english? There are people still using IETongue

it's junk that Adblock deals with rather nicely Grin
28 Feb 2013 1:56PM
I wish I knew what it means in English......I'll try Adblock but it appears to be all the adverts on this site that causes the problem. Maybe I should move from IE9 but I don't like Google Chrome so any suggestions greatly appreciated (clean ones anyway)
User_Removed 10 3.3k 4 United Kingdom
28 Feb 2013 2:19PM
Might be a dodgy IE add-on that is trying to overwrite regular ads with other ads and messing up your browser. To trouble shoot it once and for all try running IE without add ons
oldblokeh e2
3 925 United Kingdom
28 Feb 2013 2:35PM
I've seen the same problem in IE8 and IE9, Chris, and on IE9 with no plugins enabled. It's very sporadic, though, and seems to be related to particular Google ad rotators.
wing e2
10 453 United Kingdom
28 Feb 2013 4:20PM
I've had the problem for a couple of years on here.
It relates to all the cookie's wanting access to your system. I only notice the same behaviour as quoted because I have third party cookies set to 'always prompt'.
If you go to 'Tools' - 'Internet Options', click the 'Privacy tab', then click on 'Advanced', it should give you the option to set or reset how your system handles cookies.
I don't bother with the back buttons on this site now, It's quicker when viewing posts to hit the Ephotozine logo and refresh the home page than to press the back key up to ten times just to go back one page!
adrian_w e2
7 3.4k 4 Scotland
28 Feb 2013 4:38PM

Quote:press the back key up to ten times just to go back one page!

I had the same problem as well. Now I use Firefox for browsing EPZ as it doesn't have the same issues. Still use IE8 for other sites as Firefox is prone to freezing sometimes.
28 Feb 2013 8:03PM
Do what wing suggests, that sounds like the answer to me
28 Feb 2013 10:31PM
Thanks eveyone for your comments and suggestions. Iinitially thought I had picked up a virus or malware but it seems not, it's the way this site works. I now have a few ideas to try out.
adrian_w e2
7 3.4k 4 Scotland
1 Mar 2013 10:37AM

Quote:Do what wing suggests, that sounds like the answer to me

How does that explain why I only get this problem with IE8 on EPZ? Never happens on any other site.
1 Mar 2013 7:16PM
It's because ePz uses scripts (many of which send cookies) from about 20 other sites. Other websites you use probably don't do that, (relying mainly on internal / self-hosted scripts). This is a screengrab of what scripts can run on a typical ePz page:

01-03-2013-19-12-33.jpg

adrian_w e2
7 3.4k 4 Scotland
1 Mar 2013 11:54PM
tried the suggestions, now it tells me which sites are trying to send me cookies so I can block them. And yes there are plenty that are in your list. Trouble is it still doesn't speed up back clicking, still have to click 8-10 times before anything happens. Back to Firefox.
2 Mar 2013 12:19AM
If you do what wing suggests and set your browser to automatically accept cookies it should fix things for you.
tomcat e2
9 6.2k 15 United Kingdom
2 Mar 2013 9:10PM

Quote:It's because ePz uses scripts (many of which send cookies) from about 20 other sites. Other websites you use probably don't do that

Then why does this site?

It is obviously the root cause of a lot of problems that folks have suffered - interesting that 50% of them are G***** related

Sorry Chris - can't bring myself to say the nameWink

I use the Sporting Life a lot, but never have any issues and look at the content that they deliverTongue

Adrian

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.