Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Got my new computer!

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
cheddar-caveman
1 Mar 2013 - 11:30 AM

Just received the Dell laptop I won in the January compeition and it's brilliant!

Big "thank you" to ePhotozine for running such great competitions!

img-6691.jpg

Last Modified By cheddar-caveman at 1 Mar 2013 - 11:32 AM
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
1 Mar 2013 - 11:30 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

pablophotographer

Congratulations mr. lucky man.

Peter_West
1 Mar 2013 - 12:46 PM

Congratulations, hope you enjoy using it. Smile

Techno
Techno  5933 forum posts England8 Constructive Critique Points
1 Mar 2013 - 1:09 PM

Congratulations, enjoy.....

Umberto_Vanni
Umberto_Vanni e2 Member 9304 forum postsUmberto_Vanni vcard Scotland
1 Mar 2013 - 1:52 PM

Congratulations. Enjoy.

Note....i see it has Windows 7. Good.

Hint....don't upgrade to Windows 8.

digicammad
digicammad e2 Member 1021988 forum postsdigicammad vcard United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
1 Mar 2013 - 2:05 PM

Quote: Hint....don't upgrade to Windows 8.

I really don't know why people are so down on Windows 8. Yes it's different but it isn't exactly hard to find your way around. The 'Modern' interface even has a button to drop to the desktop.

Ian

Last Modified By digicammad at 1 Mar 2013 - 2:05 PM
Ade_Osman
Ade_Osman e2 Member 114435 forum postsAde_Osman vcard England36 Constructive Critique Points
1 Mar 2013 - 2:28 PM

That's two of the Dell laptop prizes come to Somerset, I won the last one Smile It must be the air Tongue

Have fun with it Mike......It's a blindingly fast machine!

Last Modified By Ade_Osman at 1 Mar 2013 - 2:29 PM
cheddar-caveman

The secret's in the fertilizerWink

Umberto_Vanni
Umberto_Vanni e2 Member 9304 forum postsUmberto_Vanni vcard Scotland
1 Mar 2013 - 3:16 PM

I really don't know why people are so down on Windows 8. Yes it's different but it isn't exactly hard to find your way around. The 'Modern' interface even has a button to drop to the desktop.

Ian

The reason i say "don't upgrade to Windows 8" is because I recently bought a new laptop with Windows 8 and basically had to add an "app" to get a start menu which was infuriating to say the least. It was a pain trying to navigate my way around it. I have now "downgraded" to Windows 7 and its much better thank you.

Canonshots
1 Mar 2013 - 5:01 PM

I had hands on Windows 8 for the first time recently. What a nightmare! We thought Vista was bad enough but this beast is a thousand times worse. Let us all hope that Windows 9 will be to 8 what 7 was to Vista.

Jestertheclown

I've been using Windows 8 since Christmas and I really can't see what all the fuss is about.
Why would you "downgrade" to Windows 7?
Instal a (free) start menu, customised to suit your requirements, don't use the tiles and you're faced with an OS that's barely any different to Windows 7.
As for learning to navigate your way around it, if you don't use the tiles, it becomes a desktop; there's no navigating to do.

MarkBroughton

Must add to this, that I tried Windows 8 trial, and didnt like it at first, but after a few days of getting used to it, love it. I went back to my windows 7 as the trial was going to run out and some of the apps werent fully supported being a beta. When I eventually upgrade, windows 8 will be on mine without a doubt, as i found it to be reliable, quick and the tiles nice and easy to use. Once you get to grips with it, who needs a start menu button anyway... Wink

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1013937 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
1 Mar 2013 - 6:15 PM

Quote: I had hands on Windows 8 for the first time recently. What a nightmare! We thought Vista was bad enough but this beast is a thousand times worse. Let us all hope that Windows 9 will be to 8 what 7 was to Vista.

Seriously ?? What is so difficult about it? click on desktop & you are in windows 7. Instead of a piddling little start menu, you get a full screen one that is the only change. - but once you have pined all your apps to the task bar, why would you need a start menu anyway?

Last Modified By lobsterboy at 1 Mar 2013 - 6:16 PM
tpfkapm
tpfkapm  3129 forum posts United Kingdom
1 Mar 2013 - 6:20 PM

Windows 8 cannot run some old program's that are essential for work access. Therefore even if its the greatest operating system ever , it is functionally useless as it stands.

Luckily you can run a virtual OS in a window using virtual box and so I can have vista ( only other OS at hand) running which is compatible.

So best thing to do is check that 8 will work for what you need as it is not backwards compatible.

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1013937 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
1 Mar 2013 - 6:37 PM

Quote: Windows 8 cannot run some old program's that are essential for work access.

Can't you get them upgraded? My connection to work didn't like windows8, but a quick upgrade by the server team and it was all sorted.
Its not like Windows 8 is particularly new now & its not going anywhere, so they will have to support it at some point.

Last Modified By lobsterboy at 1 Mar 2013 - 6:40 PM

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.